Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Enjoyed the video. What I didn't enjoy was the comments from "fans" of other clubs. Why are they so bitter/blind to what ashley has done?

They’re not. They’re just trying to wind us up cos they’re bitter and want to keep us small.

Enjoyed the video. What I didn't enjoy was the comments from "fans" of other clubs. Why are they so bitter/blind to what ashley has done?

met a leeds fan this morning at work who was already aware of the ashley sitch, first person i've met that's just got it...everyone else usually has to have it explained to them

I know a few Leeds fans and they are all on the same page, probably down to the shit they've put up and the similarities both clubs have.

Or I've just battered their heads with Ashley rhetoric every time football is mentioned.

That Sensible Monk guy is either a sandwich short of a picnic or on the club's payroll.

The people today know nothing like supporting a team for 6 seasons in a row

in the 2nd division. Now we spend £100m in a year and people still

moan. Just hope they never come back.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve told my two boys no matter what, when it comes to football, they can follow, like, cheer and even support another team club as that’s their choice, but they have no choice in who their club is and that’s Newcastle United, their hometown team. They don’t have to support the club by going to games, buying tops, watching the games on telly or even need an interest in footy to support the club. All they have to do is to cheer for their club, to wish them well whoever they play, to hope for the best for their hometown club. It’s their club and always will be.

I refuse to take them to games or buy them tops and if they want to go, they will have to wait until they are old enough to go themselves. Right now it’s upto Newcastle to capture kids’ hearts and minds and to make kids fall in love with their team, players in black and white and indeed the game. My duty is to make sure they will only have one football club that’s theirs, a club you don’t need to like football or a season ticket to support because it’s not about going to games, wearing the tops, idolising players, it’s about your city, Geordie pride, it’s not something that exists solely for those who like football, it exists as our city’s football club and only club that’s ours, everyone’s, boy or girl, young or old, season ticket or not, fan of the game or not.

My youngest if you asked him who he supported he’d say Newcastle, but ask him who his team is and he will say Juventus and I’ve told him of he wants to support another club, he can’t support an English club, he can go to say Leeds’ games when he’s at uni in say Leeds for example, but it’s not your club, never will be nor should be. He can support a Juventus though, but only if he’s going to be committed to them not just from an armchair.

And if they play Newcastle United? You cheer on your hometown club son!

I know loads of parents who take their kids to Toon games and after the novelty wears off they usually end up more enthralled watching the other team and their stars or get bored and wish they were at home watching cartoons or playing Nintendo.

Something they’d swap just to stay up late to watch Newcastle play when Keegan was manager, Ginola was on the wing and Spurs were getting hammered 7-0 at St. James’ Park. That’s what’s the saddest thing under Ashley and indeed with the modern game, kids have to be sold on footy by the worst salespeople of them all, dad. Who only goes because it’s that or time with the missus. Otherwise he’d be at home on the Nintendo or bing watching Peaky Blinders.

Football eh, hmmm, marvellous isn’t it.

That Sensible Monk guy is either a sandwich short of a picnic or on the club's payroll.

The people today know nothing like supporting a team for 6 seasons in a row

in the 2nd division. Now we spend £100m in a year and people still

moan. Just hope they never come back.

Troll - he has literally dozens of alts he cycles through.  It's actually quite depressing when you think about it.

I started supporting the club as a 6 year old when we were smashing in goals after goals against Swindon 7-1 on the radio. My previous recollection of the club was beating Leicester 7-1 in that final game in Division 1. So us scoring goals got me hooked for sure.

I’ve told my two boys no matter what, when it comes to football, they can follow, like, cheer and even support another team club as that’s their choice, but they have no choice in who their club is and that’s Newcastle United, their hometown team. They don’t have to support the club by going to games, buying tops, watching the games on telly or even need an interest in footy to support the club. All they have to do is to cheer for their club, to wish them well whoever they play, to hope for the best for their hometown club. It’s their club and always will be.

I refuse to take them to games or buy them tops and if they want to go, they will have to wait until they are old enough to go themselves. Right now it’s upto Newcastle to capture kids’ hearts and minds and to make kids fall in love with their team, players in black and white and indeed the game. My duty is to make sure they will only have one football club that’s theirs, a club you don’t need to like football or a season ticket to support because it’s not about going to games, wearing the tops, idolising players, it’s about your city, Geordie pride, it’s not something that exists solely for those who like football, it exists as our city’s football club and only club that’s ours, everyone’s, boy or girl, young or old, season ticket or not, fan of the game or not.

My youngest if you asked him who he supported he’d say Newcastle, but ask him who his team is and he will say Juventus and I’ve told him of he wants to support another club, he can’t support an English club, he can go to say Leeds’ games when he’s at uni in say Leeds for example, but it’s not your club, never will be nor should be. He can support a Juventus though, but only if he’s going to be committed to them not just from an armchair.

I know loads of parents who take their kids to Toon games and after the novelty wears off they usually end up more enthralled watching the other team and their stars or get bored and wish they were at home watching cartoons or playing Nintendo.

Something they’d swap just to stay up late to watch Newcastle play when Keegan was manager, Ginola was on the wing and Spurs were getting hammered 7-0 at St. James’ Park. That’s what’s the saddest thing under Ashley and indeed with the modern game, kids have to be sold on footy by the worst salespeople of them all, dad. Who only goes because it’s that or time with the missus. Otherwise he’d be at home on the Nintendo or bing watching Peaky Blinders.

Well, Newcastle is my club but I don't cheer them on at the moment, and I don't 'want' them to win as such.

When people ask me now I say something like "technically I'm a Newcastle fan but I can't support them at the moment".

Guest Howaythetoon

Well, Newcastle is my club but I don't cheer them on at the moment, and I don't 'want' them to win as such.

When people ask me now I say something like "technically I'm a Newcastle fan but I can't support them at the moment".

I’m the same, although as far as I’m concerned NUFC is dead right now, it’s now Ashley FC. I don’t want to project my hatred/dislike/bias/bitterness onto my boys though and I may have a tough choice to make soon if my 5 year old keeps progressing at the rate he is with his football as it won’t be long until NUFC come knocking offering him a placement at their academy! I’d like to think I’d tell them where to go, but at the same time I don’t want to block any positive opportunities that my son can learn from/enjoy the experience.

I’m the same, although as far as I’m concerned NUFC is dead right now, it’s now Ashley FC. I don’t want to project my hatred/dislike/bias/bitterness onto my boys though and I may have a tough choice to make soon if my 5 year old keeps progressing at the rate he is with his football as it won’t be long until NUFC come knocking offering him a placement at their academy! I’d like to think I’d tell them where to go, but at the same time I don’t want to block any positive opportunities that my son can learn from/enjoy the experience.

you have to take him as may be good enough to play professional one day.

You can boo from the side lines so he gets used to it :kasper:

Fully expect you to be on here defending your son in 11-12 years time HTT when he's made it into the first team. :lol:

Let's hope he doesn't draw up the contract, the lad will be retired before he's kicked a ball  :lol: :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

If he’s good enough at 5 he’ll be good enough at 10. I’m under no illusions what the likely outcome will be. Happened to my nephew, told at ten sorry not good enough etc. My mate’s 5 year old is at NUFC, mackems and Boro academy. I’d put money on that little superstar of a kid making it if he doesn’t get burnt out with all the coaching/footy. I don’t need to tell you which academy he ranks the worst... my own son, man he melts my heart the way he plays, I feel bad because as much as I take him to training etc. I don’t push him and he’s so talented he probably needs that. He’s only been playing since the WC last year and pretty much all his skills and tricks are down to him practicing from YouTube clips of Ronaldo, Messi and of course I’ve been showing him Ben Arfa, Maradona, Pele, Best et al. In 6 months since he’s been practicing on his left he can pass, cross, shoot and dribble with his left. He’s naturally talented, he just needs to look up more and pass as he likes to take the whole team on and rinse his marker :lol:

Is someone going to take Ashley to task now that we have proof from BZG that he moved the goalposts after a deal was agreed. He gets away with murder in the press with his bullshit and of course he has admitted what happened with his 10 million either way statement as proof. Come on press people sit him down and tear him a new one about us genuinely being for sale as he has The Best Interests of the club at heart. What a total fukin lying cunt... wish we could have a look at those fukin books..

Is someone going to take Ashley to task now that we have proof from BZG that he moved the goalposts after a deal was agreed. He gets away with murder in the press with his bullshit and of course he has admitted what happened with his 10 million either way statement as proof. Come on press people sit him down and tear him a new one about us genuinely being for sale as he has The Best Interests of the club at heart. What a total fukin lying cunt... wish we could have a look at those fukin books..

Didn't Ashley already admit this with his "If he's a billionaire whats an extra £10 million or so "

Didn't Ashley already admit this with his "If he's a billionaire whats an extra £10 million or so "

He did yes, although surprisingly those comments seemed to go under the radar somewhat. To me it sounded like a price was agreed and then he's tried to screw them for another £10m.