Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Anyone think it's got to the point where he wont dare sell because all his money shuffling would seriously come under scrutiny?

I dread to think how many ways he's got his slimy hooks into NUFC, look at Rangers and he only had what, 10% of them.

The cunt. :(

He's 55 now and in atrocious condition physically. At massive heart attack might not be too far away like. I think even a fairly big, stress related health scare might tempt him into selling.

He doesnt give a fuck about 'Sports direct shame'. In another country, or even another club with more of a militant fan base, his family and private life would have been targeted more. Especially with him being so protective over it. That would have been more effective in coercing him to sell. Not that im condoning that sort of stuff. Then you have questions about what is right and wrong, what is actually legal (intimidation and harassment definitely arent) and what is going too far. 

I am 75, my brother 83 and we both feel the same after supporting the club since we were kids.  Our football team was in our blood and never far away from our thoughts.  Rafa gave us hope and inspiration but Ashley destroyed that like he has done with everything NUFC related. Spoke to my brother yesterday  and we were both saying that we have lost interest in football, not just Newcastle, and don't bother to watch games anymore.  Ashley has destroyed the club and also a big chunk of peoples lives.

I am 75, my brother 83 and we both feel the same after supporting the club since we were kids.  Our football team was in our blood and never far away from our thoughts.  Rafa gave us hope and inspiration but Ashley destroyed that like he has done with everything NUFC related. Spoke to my brother yesterday  and we were both saying that we have lost interest in football, not just Newcastle, and don't bother to watch games anymore.  Ashley has destroyed the club and also a big chunk of peoples lives.

Absolutely tragic that, he really has a lot to answer for.

Guest reefatoon

There are an awful lot of people agreeing with it.

Then you have people putting this down..........  odd bastard.

"Nah.... Myself and alot of other fans are alot happier that rafa has gone... He caused so much negatively around the team and players and played the media and fans and even now his little supporters that thought he was God are still trying to cause trouble even for Bruce!!"

These are the type of people that will never stop going though.

Absolutely tragic that, he really has a lot to answer for.

Unfortunately, he has absolutely nothing to answer for because our fan base refuses to hold him accountable.

As a whole, the fan base would rather keep going, keep buying shirts and lining his pockets.

Sorry for being a broken record.

As horrible as the whole thing is, it's sort of heartening to read a lot of fans in agreement with the sentiment of the original tweet.

Many thousands of fans dropped off the gate this summer and the vast majority will probably stay away until we have a new owner.  Yes, there are many who have stayed and others who have inexplicably stepped in now but a lot of the hardcore have now had enough.

Attendances will continue to decrease as the penny drops, it won't happen as quickly as we'd like but it's in motion now at least.

After going to the game on Saturday I really enjoyed the day out with the lads, but honestly found the spell where I was at the game just empty.

Willems scored, I was jumping around but honestly all I had in my head was that we'd poked the bear, we were fucked, Bruce was going to just whack 10 men behind the ball and how I was annoyed that I had Adrian, TAA & VVD in my FPL team. The love I had for my team hasn't quite been replaced with apathy, more nonchalance than anything else. I kind of knew it with how much more disinterested I'd been this season but it was horrible to go to a game and really have it sink in there and then that I just don't care.

I think a lot of people there felt the same, compared to a lot of away games I've been to I thought the atmosphere was good, but nowhere near as good as last season. Especially once we went down, apart from a few chorus' of "Who's that team we call United?" there wasn't much else happening especially second half. Couple of utter mongs behind me singing "In your Liverpool slums" and of course the inevitable shit patter of "Is this a library, your support is fucking shit" etc. do these people not go to SJP and see the irony in this?

Like we’ve said before, the death is going to be slow and drawn out, driven by principle for a minority and results for everyone else.

TBH it’s not healthy to pay any attention to it at all, I only do because I’m addicted to this forum. If it wasn’t for you lovely folks I’d have switched off completely.

Guest reefatoon

“Agree, less queues at halftime for peeve👍🏻

One of the replies to that post.

Yikes.

aye, more fool us for being able to have a drink for the full 90 minutes instead of hoying down as much as possible in 15 minutes.

Could it be to pay for Joelinton?

Ashley supposedly paid for Joelinton from his own money, this loan could pay him back

:lol:

Where is this seriously stated?

Straight from fatty's own PR release, sorry, "interview" with Martin Samuel earlier this season.  Said he told Rafa that he'd put 20 million of his own money in for the transfer because of the difference in how much they valued the player.

I don’t why people feel they have to say they’re ‘not condoning’ stuff. I am, we should be making the guy feel unsafe, threatening him and his businesses, making his life a misery. It’s totally justified IMO.

I mean, I just didnt want to get the forum into legal trouble advocating harassment of his family etc.

"Nah.... Myself and alot of other fans are alot happier that rafa has gone... He caused so much negatively around the team and players and played the media and fans and even now his little supporters that thought he was God are still trying to cause trouble even for Bruce!!"

Unfortunately it’s the freaks and weirdos who are left filling the vacuum after the real supporters have had enough and left.  No one in their right mind, no one who actually loves the club rather than just their Saturday afternoon at the match can accept what Ashley has done to us and continue to go to the match. People slagging Rafa just don’t get it.

Don't really understand it tbh, I used to watch Newcastle before the Keegan days. We were shit then too, but the fans weren't so apathetic. You had them giving dog's abuse to McKeag, but then we had the local press on our side, and a movement which give him some real headaches. He was a stubborn bastard as well. I would say the support was more like the Liverpool fans against Hicks and Gillett.