Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Anyone a subscriber to the Financial Times?  Its got an article regarding Saudi buying NUFC for £350m.  Probably just a rehash of what has been published elsewhere. but just wondered whether it has any legs seeing its published in the FT.

Last articles I can see are 25/26 Jan. Only things that stand out that I've not seen widely reported elsewhere are...

PCP putting in 20%

£200m earmarked for spending

:lol:

I was reading some quotes from his first interview

Referring to reports a Saudi Arabian sovereign wealth fund is discussing buying Newcastle United, having first considered Manchester United, Masters said any new owner would be subject to “due diligence” and background checks.

The league’s “fit and proper persons” test for owners and directors bars people who have criminal convictions, including those who have committed acts in other countries which would be considered crimes in England. Asked whether there would be an investigation into the key people involved in a Saudi fund if it did take over a club, Masters said: “We do an enormous amount of due diligence, we do; so it’s not just that we receive the forms … and take them at face value. There are background checks, and that’s the same for everybody.”

Honestly, impressive how much he avoided the question completely

Mike's prescence didn't fill me with confidence last night. It's hard to imagine why he'd be there if he's on the brink of selling.

He's a weird bloke.

Mike's prescence didn't fill me with confidence last night. It's hard to imagine why he'd be there if he's on the brink of selling.

He's a weird bloke.

There is 0 logic to Mike showing up or not - no way is he sending any messages to anyone. Bloke literally had nothing else better to do so turned up. Brucie probably invited him and quietly dedicated the W to him.

He's a weird bloke.

It can be spun as a positive or a negative, so probably best to ignore it completely.

Guest Howaythetoon

As the man himself said, believe in this only when it’s officially announced out of the blue. Whatever is going on right now, there will be no takeover and never will be until we’re the first to know only!

Simon Jordan spouting shite again. Doesn’t think the deal will happen, Mike never pulls out of deals, no one ever offers what he wants blah blah

Aye, is that not exactly what he did the first time with Staveley?

Admittedly, he claimed she never actually made any bid/offer (which she refuted to Caulkin), but he pulled out/walked away when he accused her of timewasting.

As long as theirs nothing official being said it’s easy to make up stories to fill in the blanks.

How anyone has just taken a story from IndyKilla though is beyond me, though footballinsuder247 is hardly known for it inside information.

Simon Jordan has even admitted he isn’t friends with Ashley and only met him very briefly. The guy just likes him because he’s running a club like how he’d want to run it, no investment and taking as much out of it as he can. He’s a wind up merchant and he knows he’s got a number of our fans properly wound up and their finger on the dial button to talk sport.

The Wall Street Journal were quite clear about the situation when they wrote the piece. And the journalist interviewed on the radio backed it up by saying they wouldn’t have written the piece unless it was likely to happen.

Any and all confusion that’s gone on since are when the national media and local rags got involved.