Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry but the burden to bail out staff shouldn’t be placed on the players, yes they are millionaires, but it’s easy to attack them when I guarantee no-one here would allocate some of their own wages to pay the wages of colleagues, the responsibility falls on the club and game really and shows the club up and the game in the worst possible light. And for all we know the players themselves might be doing things we don’t hear about to help out the situation.

Mind, under a KK or a Sir Bobby or a Rafa I’m sure the playing/coaching staff would have chipped in to help out general staff. There is no strong leadership or any at all at the club and the culture has stunk for so long now.

I reckon the NUST should pay something towards staff wages anyway...

Of course it isn't down to other staff members to pay other's wages, but if you're earning the average annual salary, weekly, then you can afford to do without for a year. It's not as if they're earning their wage.

They have expenses too and again why should they go without a years salary? The onus is on the club to pay for staff and if it can’t, then the onus is on the government provide some relief and after that...

government == us (through tax)

on a company maying a profit (2019 overall profit after tax of £18.6m). 

Owned by a billionaire. 

NUFC using the bailout is completely humiliating.  It is morally corrupt.

I don't want to associated with a company that does this.

I agree, my point is, the players themselves shouldn’t have to bail out staff. Now if they took a pay cut so the club could pay others, great, but we know that won’t happen.

Sorry but the burden to bail out staff shouldn’t be placed on the players, yes they are millionaires, but it’s easy to attack them when I guarantee no-one here would allocate some of their own wages to pay the wages of colleagues, the responsibility falls on the club and game really and shows the club up and the game in the worst possible light. And for all we know the players themselves might be doing things we don’t hear about to help out the situation.

Mind, under a KK or a Sir Bobby or a Rafa I’m sure the playing/coaching staff would have chipped in to help out general staff. There is no strong leadership or any at all at the club and the culture has stunk for so long now.

Of course it isn't down to other staff members to pay other's wages, but if you're earning the average annual salary, weekly, then you can afford to do without for a year. It's not as if they're earning their wage.

They have expenses too and again why should they go without a years salary? The onus is on the club to pay for staff and if it can’t, then the onus is on the government provide some relief and after that...

Owned by a billionaire. 

I agree, my point is, the players themselves shouldn’t have to bail out staff. Now if they took a pay cut so the club could pay others, great, but we know that won’t happen.

Same thing. Nobody is suggesting that the players get the staff in on pay day and divvy up their pay packet. Logistically it would be a nightmare.

Owned by a billionaire. 

Yeah agree.  The two things are not linked in my mind. 

I do think that:

1. The players should get paid less - this is just a moral thing again.

2. The club should spend less on transfers - to cover the cost of the employees wages.

Probably the wrong thread to discuss this really.

If I was a player under this regime and say I wanted to give back to others in this situation (and it happens with lots of players even outside of this situation) then I would be looking at this situation and seeing how I can best help others.

A player could take a pay cut or even give up their wages entirely, the club would still likely furlough the remaining staff.

If that is the case is it better for me to just keep my £60k a week wages and give this to chartities, non-playing staff, others who are suffering?

People are too quick to call footballers greedy and such. You honestly don’t hear about the good they actually do.

For example I saw a documentary with Defoe a few years back. Back in Jamaica he has given money to the local community so they can build houses, hospitals, schools etc. He’s been doing that since he turned pro, it took over 10 years for anyone to talk about it.

James Milner gives the majority of his money away to a charity he created.

People don’t talk about this.

I bet theirs loads of players out there helping people financially.

Or the “billionaire” owner could sell the club to someone who has far deeper pockets and who has the ability to carry the costs of owning a business like NUFC in good and bad times.

Perhaps the non playing staff side of things, for example the numerous business development managers they have selling corporate packages won’t be needed by the new owners.

I can’t see the Saudi PIF scrounging around for whatever change they can get out of people. Sure there will be corporate boxes still but they will probably go to much higher bidders who will be attempting to do business with the elite.

My take on it is that if the club have laid them off. Then new owners come back in, that’s one less headache of letting dozens of people go and having to deal with compensation. Or having to deal with the bad publicity that goes along with it.

Perhaps the non playing staff side of things, for example the numerous business development managers they have selling corporate packages won’t be needed by the new owners.

I can’t see the Saudi PIF scrounging around for whatever change they can get out of people. Sure there will be corporate boxes still but they will probably go to much higher bidders who will be attempting to do business with the elite.

My take on it is that if the club have laid them off. Then new owners come back in, that’s one less headache of letting dozens of people go and having to deal with compensation. Or having to deal with the bad publicity that goes along with it.

Most likely the club has laid them off and there's no new owners

The club would need those people more than ever if there’s no new owners.

The club would need those people more than ever if there’s no new owners.

There's no new owners.

Meanwhile sources in Saudi are speculating who will be our chairman.  :lol:

M e s h a l

@iTTVV

رئـاسة نادي نيوكاسل بيـن لؤي نـاظر و سعود السويلم .

Translated from Arabic by

Newcastle Club Presidency between Louay Nazer and Saud Al-Swailem.

10:28 AM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I've always thought that Ashley will only sell up when he thinks he can earn more money by using his money for something else. 

While NUFC is chugging along in mediocrity, but he is pulling in a reasonable return on his investment, he will stay.  When he finds a new opportunity, where he can use the proceeds from a sale of Newcastle, to put it into a new business opportunity that will earn him more money he will be away is a flash.

To me the questions is whether NOW is the time (where the economy/state of business is in tatters) that he has found a new opportunity that has a bigger upside that status quo at NUFC.

Meanwhile sources in Saudi are speculating who will be our chairman.  :lol:

M e s h a l

@iTTVV

رئـاسة نادي نيوكاسل بيـن لؤي نـاظر و سعود السويلم .

Translated from Arabic by

Newcastle Club Presidency between Louay Nazer and Saud Al-Swailem.

10:28 AM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Louay for me like.

I wonder if the clubs having to repay the tv money if the season is voided is behind the rumours of reducing the price from £340m to around £300m or even less.  If fcb refuses to accept a price reduction PIF may just walk away if they haven't already.

Who gets emotional if something doesn’t happen within 2 days of a story breaking.

They haven’t agreed a final deal but that’s coming. The PL know and will be prepared to do their checks.

Relax man, if this does happen it will be another month, add pandemic to the issue and it could go on longer.

I believe the end is nigh for Ashley. It’s happening.

There’ll be no football until next September/October anyway.

So yet another false dawn!  We dont learn no matter how many times we get burnt do we?

Who exactly, thought that a takeover was going to happen like? :lol:

:lol: Absolutely ridiculous if anyone thought there was anything going to come of it. George Caulkin or not.