Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I wouldnt rule out him buying a foreign club, to market his tat overseas.

If, if, if, if he ever sells us then the absolute last thing he will do is buy another football club!!!

The only reason he might, repeat might, sell us is if his retail empire is on the verge of collapsing and he desperately needs £350m to support it. That is our only hope. With retail as it is, the economy on the verge of collapsing, property prices set to crash for several years, it might be a good reason to sell.

I dont think he will sell either, it's just conjecture, it's also unlikely he would buy another club.

Meh. I don't care if he tries to buy another club (although those fans would have my deepest sympathy) or a paddling pool full of piss, as long as he goes. Still don't think it's happening though. What do we think the reason for this imaginary takeover falling through will be this time (apart from that it's imaginary)?

No funds?

Tire kickers?

Leaks to the press?

Just felt like it?

Didn't feel that the buyers could run NUFC as it should be run?

He had a dream that it shouldn't happen?

George RR Martin hasn't written the next part of our story yet?

Other?

Meh. I don't care if he tries to buy another club (although those fans would have my deepest sympathy) or a paddling pool full of piss, as long as he goes. Still don't think it's happening though. What do we think the reason for this imaginary takeover falling through will be this time (apart from that it's imaginary)?

No funds?

Tire kickers?

Leaks to the press?

Just felt like it?

Other?

I’m a cunt, fuck you lot, add that to the list.

Guest reefatoon

Meh. I don't care if he tries to buy another club (although those fans would have my deepest sympathy) or a paddling pool full of p*ss, as long as he goes. Still don't think it's happening though. What do we think the reason for this imaginary takeover falling through will be this time (apart from that it's imaginary)?

No funds?

Tire kickers?

Leaks to the press?

Just felt like it?

Other?

Floydian Mag’s a cunt

He could easily buy another team in the PL or say for example, one of the bigger clubs in the Championship and just replicate what he’s done here. Same result. Promotion, mid table mediocrity, relegation, rinse and repeat.

Some clubs fans might even be happy with that.

So could PIF/Reubens/Stavely for that matter, but for the same reason they won't, MIke Ashley won't let go either. Newcastle is a more attractive club, I don't know whether it's the geography, that it's a one club city, or just the Keegan effect. The only other club I think comes close is Leeds.

It’s a few things, an already decent stadium. Big local fanbase. And yes the Keegan/SBR effect where a new investor knows the club can compete if the right things are in place.

As far as PIF are concerned, they don’t really care about that. They want to appear in a good light globally as they push their nation as a benefactor in sports. Any profits the club would make would be small change to them. They would have preferred Man Utd but that’s obviously a no go. We’re still a massive club in many people’s eyes. A debatable point imho, we’ve won nothing in decades.

The biggest point is that the club could be bigger than most of the other premier league teams. Certainly on a par with Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc.

Meh. I don't care if he tries to buy another club (although those fans would have my deepest sympathy) or a paddling pool full of p*ss, as long as he goes. Still don't think it's happening though. What do we think the reason for this imaginary takeover falling through will be this time (apart from that it's imaginary)?

No funds?

Tire kickers?

Leaks to the press?

Just felt like it?

Other?

Floydian Mag’s a cunt

;D ;D

If it does go through then I can honestly see Rafa returning as he got Staveley involved in 2017! I know he’s never broke a contract but surely he’d want to be nearer his family with how the world currently is?

Wishful thinking perhaps!

If it does go through then I can honestly see Rafa returning as he got Staveley involved in 2017! I know he’s never broke a contract but surely he’d want to be nearer his family with how the world currently is?

IF it goes though I think that's a given.

I don't see it going through through unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

If Max Allegri comes I would be delighted as well. He is a winner.

Step 1. Takeover happens.

Step 2. Celebrate.

Step 3. Mass sacking of Bruce, Charnley et al.

Step 4. Dream/speculate and let all the rumors get out of hand.

Step 5. Have fun supporting NUFC again.

Step 2. Celebrate.

Step 3

:dance:

Step 2. Celebrate.

Step 3

I'll repeat, I can only hope that Bruce is treated as awfully as possible, such as finding out watching SSN with Rafa being unveiled as manager. Fucking prick.

Guest chopey

I'm taking this latest takeover with a huge pinch of salt, but I think everyone is in agreement that the only way Ashley will go is if it starts costing him money or if he needs money.

This current situation could be the perfect storm for us

Reality is this offer and his valuation is far beyond a market valuation for NUFC. Factor in the lack of football structure, small staff, a stadium long overdue for renovation and upkeep, a dated academy, a dated first team training ground, and a below par football squad. But mike is mike.

Step 2. Celebrate.

Step 3

I'll repeat, I can only hope that Bruce is treated as awfully as possible, such as finding out watching SSN with Rafa being unveiled as manager. f***ing prick.

I can hear his camp little whimper now. One last interview with sky sports before he fades into second tier irrelevance.

Guest chopey

Reality is this offer and his valuation is far beyond a market valuation for NUFC. Factor in the lack of football structure, small staff, a stadium long overdue for renovation and upkeep, a dated academy, a dated first team training ground, and a below par football squad. But mike is mike.

Aye, I wouldn't put it past him to sell the stadium to get some cash then rent it back

Aye, I wouldn't put it past him to sell the stadium to get some cash then rent it back

Does he own the stadium? I understood it’s owned by the local authorities.

Guest godzilla

Does he own the stadium? I understood it’s owned by the local authorities.

The land is but pretty sure the club owns the stadium

If Ashley sold the stadium then the Freeman can easily pull the lease.

Only if that's a stipulation of the lease, which it may or may not be. For the 2000 redevelopment the club raised around £60m secured on the assets of the club, including the stadium- so there clearly isn't a covenant preventing pledging it as security.

Anyway, this is probably beside the point. If Ashley can't see this is a good time to get out and he's getting most of what he asked for, then he's absolutely batshit to turn it down.So he probably will.