Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The silence from the club and the Staveley Group suggest something is going on, whether FCB decides to sell is something else.

There's been nothing but silence from both sides during every potential takeover.

True, however even the journo’s who mostly try to piss on our parade are acknowledging that somethings up, all they seem to focus on now is speculation that Staveley et al are trying to reduce the price etc.

He could easily buy another team in the PL or say for example, one of the bigger clubs in the Championship and just replicate what he’s done here. Same result. Promotion, mid table mediocrity, relegation, rinse and repeat.

Some clubs fans might even be happy with that.

Yeah. For example if he bought Sheffield Wednesday and turned them into a yo-yo club. I would imagine a lot of their fans would be happy with that for a while. Well they certainly would have a year or so ago before Sheffield United got promoted and took the league by storm.

As it happens I like Sheffield Wednesday, I think their fans are great and it’s a great historic club and they are one of the last clubs who I’d wish Ashley upon.

The thing with Ashley is though that he could very well be thinking about buying a club like them, having Sports Direct associated with them, and turning them into a club who yo-yo in and out of the Premier League.

In reality though he would do things on the cheap. Once again he would have 1 person running the whole club, someone who is likely to be inexperienced. I can actually see that being his future son-in-law. I have previously warned about how he’ll take over Charnley once him and Ashley have taken all they can out of Sports Direct via ‘consultation’ fee’s.

From then on a cheap manager will be brought in, and not cheap in terms of Premier League like Pardew/Bruce, but cheap in terms of Championship. Again the same will apply for the players. Theirs not a chance they will spend a decent amount of money for a proven Championship player. They will do similar to what Sunderland have done in League 1. But from a lesser league for next to nothing, and hope the players are good enough.

He’ll look at Brentford and how they have brought in young quality players for next to nothing to have them competing. However unlike Brentford he won’t find the scouting network or take notice of their top targets.

In reality, he could very easily turn a Championship club into a club who yo-up’s between the Championship and League One.

* I use Sheffield Wednesday as an example because they are located reasonable close to Shirebrook (easy for him to attend games, especially in mid-week), and because they have been out of the Premier League for 20 years, but should probably be in it.

He could easily buy another team in the PL or say for example, one of the bigger clubs in the Championship and just replicate what he’s done here. Same result. Promotion, mid table mediocrity, relegation, rinse and repeat.

Pls buy mackems

Pls buy mackems

Pls buy mackems

Pls buy mackems

Pls buy mackems

The silence from the club and the Staveley Group suggest something is going on, whether FCB decides to sell is something else.

There's been nothing but silence from both sides during every potential takeover.

Silence is the key word. Perhaps there has been silence during every 'potential' takeover because there is not and never has been a potential takeover.

There's nothing to say if there is nothing.

Just like there is now. Nothing.

Why are we so gullible?

Silence is the key word. Perhaps there has been silence during every 'potential' takeover because there is not and never has been a potential takeover.

Why are we so gullible?

If there’s nothing going on it would be easy for the club or any intended buyer to rubbish any buyout claims.

What if he buys Sunderland?

This. And every time people say "the silence means somethings happening"  :lol:

What if he buys Sunderland?

They do deserve each other

Yeah. For example if he bought Sheffield Wednesday and turned them into a yo-yo club. I would imagine a lot of their fans would be happy with that for a while. Well they certainly would have a year or so ago before Sheffield United got promoted and took the league by storm.

As it happens I like Sheffield Wednesday, I think their fans are great and it’s a great historic club and they are one of the last clubs who I’d wish Ashley upon.

The thing with Ashley is though that he could very well be thinking about buying a club like them, having Sports Direct associated with them, and turning them into a club who yo-yo in and out of the Premier League.

In reality though he would do things on the cheap. Once again he would have 1 person running the whole club, someone who is likely to be inexperienced. I can actually see that being his future son-in-law. I have previously warned about how he’ll take over Charnley once him and Ashley have taken all they can out of Sports Direct via ‘consultation’ fee’s.

From then on a cheap manager will be brought in, and not cheap in terms of Premier League like Pardew/Bruce, but cheap in terms of Championship. Again the same will apply for the players. Theirs not a chance they will spend a decent amount of money for a proven Championship player. They will do similar to what Sunderland have done in League 1. But from a lesser league for next to nothing, and hope the players are good enough.

He’ll look at Brentford and how they have brought in young quality players for next to nothing to have them competing. However unlike Brentford he won’t find the scouting network or take notice of their top targets.

In reality, he could very easily turn a Championship club into a club who yo-up’s between the Championship and League One.

* I use Sheffield Wednesday as an example because they are located reasonable close to Shirebrook (easy for him to attend games, especially in mid-week), and because they have been out of the Premier League for 20 years, but should probably be in it.

Why the fuck would he want to buy another club when he's got the perfect club, and set of fans, already.

Theres a whole stadium full of fans who are happy with that.

Guest reefatoon

Why are we so gullible?

If there’s nothing going on it would be easy for the club or any intended buyer to rubbish any buyout claims.

Exactly. It’s moronic to think this is all Ashley and Bishop making things up. The potential buyers are not going to go along with some random Ashley/Bishop lies and let their names be used. There is interest, that is blatantly obvious, but it’s Ashley that can’t be trusted and will be so hard to try and deal with. But all this “there is no interest” s**** is just idiotic.

Why the fuck would he want to buy another club when he's got the perfect club, and set of fans, already.

Theres a whole stadium full of fans who are happy with that.

Many reasons.

First of all he’ll make a profit from us.

Secondly he will be able to release equity from his business and buy another club alongside this. I honestly don’t think Sheffield Wednesday or any other Championship club would cost more than £60m, that is at most 20% of the few he’ll receive from us.

He will then be able to use £240m-£280m on anything he’d like. This will likely be on buying back Sports Direct shares whilst they are valued very low, and possibly buying other businesses that will be failing due to lockdown, special mention for Debenhams.

Once he gets a hold of another football club, he’ll do what he has done to us and Rangers, turn all their merchandise into Sports Direct merchandise. On top of this he’ll likely do his aggressive control of Sports Direct advertising. Fans of Championship clubs could be more willing to accept sponsors on stands and even the stadium, as it’s fairly common in the lower league.

Once he does walk away from Newcastle his ego will not allow him to walk away from football. He will be determined to make his way work. In his mind his running of Newcastle will be seen as success for him, but obviously not for others. He’ll want to make out that his way does work and Newcastle was just the wrong club for it to be seen as a success in.

He’ll walk away from us once he gets his deal, but I don’t think he’ll walk away from football. He has too many people in the game giving him the ego boost he needs (Simon Jordan, Gorilla Hands etc), and there will be too many agents willing to give him backhanders to make sure deals are done for their benefit. His good friend Bishop is going to need a new revenue stream to replace the NUFC which will undoubtably come to and end, a business Ashley has a financial stake in.

He’s that cuntish I actually could see him buying the mackems. Would get them on the cheap, their fans love a donnay tracksuit and the model he operates here would suit them....

match made in heaven tbh, if he managed to get them back to the prem he could keep them on a starvation diet for decades and they'd lap it up (mind you so are "we" so probably shouldn't point the finger too much)

Why are we so gullible?

....like they haven't done for all of the 'takeovers'?

Chronicle haven’t got a clue when it comes to anything takeover related like, they’re useless. Even worse that they try and pretend they do by writing articles daily on it.

Nowt much in there really. Doesn’t give any detail about who they’ve ‘sounded out’

That’s just a rehash of a spurious rumour from earlier in the week. It claimed that the Saudis want Allegri as manager and he has a condition that his first signing would be Mauro Icardi who’s currently on loan from Inter to PSG.

The Italian journo who made the claim though has been correct about a couple of big managerial appointments before which is the only reason this hasn’t been filed under Indykaila type Twitter nonsense

So could PIF/Reubens/Stavely for that matter, but for the same reason they won't, MIke Ashley won't let go either. Newcastle is a more attractive club, I don't know whether it's the geography, that it's a one club city, or just the Keegan effect. The only other club I think comes close is Leeds.

If MA was to buy another club, it would be a PL or big Championship club who is on its knees financially, preferably ones with administrators who would take whatever deal he offered. He would rename the stadium in a heartbeat and go about making them financially solid. He would hire Allardyce to keep them steady, then milk the exposure for as long as he could.

I wouldnt rule out him buying a foreign club, to market his tat overseas.

If, if, if, if he ever sells us then the absolute last thing he will do is buy another football club!!!

The only reason he might, repeat might, sell us is if his retail empire is on the verge of collapsing and he desperately needs £350m to support it. That is our only hope. With retail as it is, the economy on the verge of collapsing, property prices set to crash for several years, it might be a good reason to sell.