Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Jeff Vetere going to Spurs as head of U21 recruitment, Longoria is Marseille president.

The bloke was ahead of his time man.

Isn’t Dennis Wise doing amazing things as Director of Football in Italy as well?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Mad how wrong it’s gone in the Rugby like, they’re a mainstay in the top flight and have been European champions a couple times.

He’s not really wanting to save them, but they are the owners of the stadium, so buying them gives him access to the stadium and puts him in a good position to launch a takeover bid for Coventry. He has the possibility of folding the club, and just keeping the stadium, that has been mooted about.

As much as I hate him and wouldn’t wish him on any other club, there is a bit of me who would like him to takeover another club just so that we can ultimately show everyone what he’s like.

Everyone bangs on about us and say he did us good, but no one ever brings up how he fucked Rangers over in the conversation and how their fans hate him as much.

The thing is if he took over Coventry and brought them back to that stadium, then unless he took them to League 2 or the National League, everyone will say that he’s done a good job.

If he took over Derby and they never got promoted under him, the excuse would be that he was limited on what he could do, and that this is Derby’s new natural level, etc.

Edited by Stifler

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s not really wanting to save them, but they are the owners of the stadium, so buying them gives him access to the stadium and puts him in a good position to launch a takeover bid for Coventry. He has the possibility of folding the club, and just keeping the stadium, that has been mooted about.

As much as I hate him and wouldn’t wish him on any other club, there is a bit of me who would like him to takeover another club just so that we can ultimately show everyone what he’s like.

Everyone bangs on about us and say he did us good, but no one ever brings up how he fucked Rangers over in the conversation and how their fans hate him as much.

The thing is if he took over Coventry and brought them back to that stadium, then unless he took them to League 2 or the National League, everyone will say that he’s done a good job.

If he took over Derby and they never got promoted under him, the excuse would be that he was limited on what he could do, and that this is Derby’s new natural level, etc.

I know what you mean, the way derby fans went on you would think we did him wrong. A shame he never got them in the end.

as much as I feel sorry for West Brom fans, there is something satisfying about being right. 

would quite like to see Ashley buy Liverpool.

49 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

League One aint Derby's natural level like, not having that.

I think him buying Derby would be interesting, given how fucked they've been financially. He'd get away with a lot as long as he brought them back to somewhat breaking even.

I’m not saying it is. But if he did buy them then they would have either stayed in League One, or yo-go’s between League One and the Championship. No way would they ever be competing to be back in the Premier League or staying in the Premier League. My point is that either the narrative would have to change to justify Derby being the club Ashley would ultimately make them be, or everyone else would have to admit that they were wrong about him. Like I said it’s all too convenient for people to not refer to his time at Rangers when defending him and his running of us. Sole ownership of another club would make that bit impossible.  

8 hours ago, Stifler said:

No they wouldn’t. The Coventry lads would be very upset if he bought them. They are not fucking daft. They have had worse experiences than us as a result of dodgy owners and they know a shyster when they see one.  They have a small but really loyal core of fans who’ve followed them from the premier league and Haji scoring a belter to beat Arsenal to a  1-1 draw vs Barnet at home  I had the displeasure of witnessing. They are proper football lads. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

3 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

No they wouldn’t. The Coventry lads would be very upset if he bought them. They are not fucking daft. They have had worse experiences than us as a result of dodgy owners and they know a shyster when they see one.  They have a small but really loyal core of fans who’ve followed them from the premier league and Haji scoring a belter to beat Arsenal to a  1-1 draw vs Barnet at home  I had the displeasure of witnessing. They are proper football lads. 

Richard Keys though.

Absolutely staggering, but at the same time nothing surprises me anymore other than we couldn’t get more fans to help oust this cunt from our club. The NUFC ladies’ first team cost 20k per year to fund and he had them pay for it themselves? The man knows no shame whatsoever. Makes you appreciate our current owners all the more, even if some elements from the press would have you believe that we should be fighting them instead of this piece of filth at the time.