Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

As long as he gets the money, why would he care?

None of what they've said would be subject to an NDA. An NDA will be used to stop them disclosing sensitive commercial and financial information they would be given access to during the process, before any transaction is completed or in the event that the takeover fails.

It really depends on what the NDA says. It's pretty common in M&A deals for the NDA to say the confidential information that can't be disclosed includes the substance and even the very fact of contact and discussion between the parties. There are a number reasons for that, including not scaring off your employees and not telegraphing business strategies to competitors. Having said that, though, those reasons aren't really that applicable here--everyone already knows the club is for sale and important employees are contractually tied down--so maybe MA doesn't care about the other side blabbing.

Seems fairly simple to me - the deal is all done and dusted pending PL approval which is just a formality. Negotiations have been completed, both sides have signed the paperwork, so that's it, the NDA is now defunct because everything is tied up awaiting regulator approval. At this stage an announcement is reasonable. The fact that the club officially confirmed BZG's first announcement is enough to suggest the announcement was agreed by both sides.

I'd even harbour a guess that the first BZG statement was something Ashley wanted because if he's sold the club and BZG remain completely silent whilst the PL do their fit and proper background checks (which might take time) each day that passes Ashley gets continued negative press coverage for not doing anything about Rafa's contract, not signing players, etc. Why bother with that if the club is effectively sold?

The one line I heard yesterday that causes a slight issue with all that is they said it won't be done before 30th June and it's down to Ashley to sort Rafas contract.

Sounds like it will rumble on all summer and be a perfect excuse for when Rafa leaves and we are scraping round the bargain bin in mid July again.

:lol: Have enjoyed watching DJ_NUFC go slowly mad this week.

It’s party because I’m nearing 40 and this place allows me to act out. It’s either this or the bottle 🤷🏽‍♂️

That line about not bring done before 30 June is just BS. Mainlybdie to coming from a journo who cited sources he had.

Just to list a few things that the journos have been trying to pour cold water on the updates we have got.

1. After the 1st statement, everyone of them was jumping on the bandwagon of the buyers not showing proof of funds eventhough price has been agreed. Turns out, it was already done in April.

2. The Premier League not getting the docs yet. Turns out, they are unwilling to comment and it should be the club to say so and we have reached the Fit and proper test stage as claimed by the buyer.

3. Scrambling to say this Sheikh Khaled is not who he says he is. Turns out, they don't really understand how the 'family tree' over there is and in the end, he is the distant couain of the City owner.

There have been so many tweets that has just been off from these journos and Luke Edwards has turned into an even bigger cunt just like Craig Hope.

All I'm saying is, just wait for what BZG will come out and say coz they sound like they have nothing to gain playing around while these journos are in for the clicks and breaking non-stories so far.

From David Burt Face Book

Newcastle United from a good source

So a quick timeline of events.

Due Diligence Feb ’19

Proof of funds April ’19

Deal signed end of April ’19

Details sent to Premier League May ’19

Someone at PL let the cat out of the bag to the Sun Friday 24th May

Sun printed it Sunday 26th

BZG were put in a position, they had to say something,

Monday 27th May

Confirmation of transaction (you recall I said they were in the transaction, ie paying the money) stage

Tuesday 28th May

Deal wrapped up (after Premier League have agreed it)

Announcement of new owner Thursday  or Friday.

That line about not bring done before 30 June is just BS. Mainlybdie to coming from a journo who cited sources he had.

Just to list a few things that the journos have been trying to pour cold water on the updates we have got.

1. After the 1st statement, everyone of them was jumping on the bandwagon of the buyers not showing proof of funds eventhough price has been agreed. Turns out, it was already done in April.

2. The Premier League not getting the docs yet. Turns out, they are unwilling to comment and it should be the club to say so and we have reached the Fit and proper test stage as claimed by the buyer.

3. Scrambling to say this Sheikh Khaled is not who he says he is. Turns out, they don't really understand how the 'family tree' over there is and in the end, he is the distant couain of the City owner.

There have been so many tweets that has just been off from these journos and Luke Edwards has turned into an even bigger cunt just like Craig Hope.

All I'm saying is, just wait for what BZG will come out and say coz they sound like they have nothing to gain playing around while these journos are in for the clicks and breaking non-stories so far.

So bitter about getting caught with their pants down by the Sun and a bunch of Dubai based Twitter users that they decided to hitch their wagon to the "it's BS" without any chance of back tracking.  Even if it goes through, look for them to stick to the "frauds and charlatans" angle as soon as we go 7 hours without signing Mbappe and appointing Pep with Klopp as his assistant.

Not saying it's locked in going to happen, but these tossers aren't refuting it from a position of knowledge, just throwing shit at a wall hoping they won't have to justify their future employment after missing the NUFC story of the century.

NE journo reputations have taken a huge hit because of this I reckon.

British journos as a whole tbh. Caulkin and the sun guy excepted as GC straight up admitted he knew nowt and the sun guy was bang on the money.  The rest of them have just been guessing, lifting shite from twitter and straight up making it up.  Luke Edwards especially has made himself look a right twat throughout this whole thing.

We still have to think about what these people want to gain from this.. they aint doing for the good of their health.

You could say that about any buyer tbh. We'll only really know if and when the sale goes through and the new owner lays out their vision for the club.

We're all gonna be in some state Friday night if this happens Friday.

F***n hell man... I'm trying not to get excited, but it's becoming difficult to ignore.

If this goes through, I'm worried alcohol poisoning will do me in and I'll miss the impending glory days.  ;D

Due Diligence Feb ’19

Proof of funds April ’19

Monday 27th May

Confirmation of transaction (you recall I said they were in the transaction, ie paying the money) stage

Tuesday 28th May

The good source he got that off was someone called DubaiMicky on the NUFC Blog who said the last few bits were pure guess work so wouldn’t hold much with that.

Due Diligence Feb ’19

Proof of funds April ’19

Monday 27th May

Tuesday 28th May

The good source he got that off was someone called DubaiMicky on the NUFC Blog who said the last few bits were pure guess work so wouldn’t hold much with that.

Couple of good articles on that from guys who have / are in the ME.....about the mentality of the people the FCB is dealing with, worked out there for a while, loss of face is huge black mark and there's no way any "high up" would want this levelled against them

Due Diligence Feb ’19

Proof of funds April ’19

Monday 27th May

Tuesday 28th May

Couple of good articles on that from guys who have / are in the ME.....about the mentality of the people the FCB is dealing with, worked out there for a while, loss of face is huge black mark and there's no way any "high up" would want this levelled against them

One of the reasons I don't understand why people think they are in this only to fleece the club. I don't think con merchants last very long out there, don't they take a very serious view of companies that don't pay their debts?

Due Diligence Feb ’19

Proof of funds April ’19

Monday 27th May

Tuesday 28th May

One of the reasons I don't understand why people think they are in this only to fleece the club. I don't think con merchants last very long out there, don't they take a very serious view of companies that don't pay their debts?

It's a big no-no not to honour anything you agree on.....another bright side "WHEN" the goes thru it will be the last of the Wonga type sponsors....if all is as it seems.....it could be the Etisalat Stadium.....this is the part that would bring a tear to my eye  :sad:

Whys Friday a big day? That Twitter account was fake. And the plane rumours are bollocks arent they?

There were two “Friday” claims, one undoubtedly fake, one which may have came first, that may be genuine. The planes? Who knows?

It’s all a waiting game anyway. Doubt it’ll be much clearer on Friday but let’s hope so.

Whys Friday a big day? That Twitter account was fake. And the plane rumours are bollocks arent they?

Ramandan finishes on the 4th June and after that there are 3 days of celebration for Eid (nothing will get done here!) so this Friday could see something happen but I am on call with work so can't have a drink until week on Friday so if they want they can delay any anouncement for a week

:idiot2: