Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

What the f*** is his game here like? Even by his own standards this is fucken ridiculous.

Is it really that unexpected? It has been widely reported that Pérez had itchy feet and we all know Ashley’s love for making a few Bob regardless of the consequences.

Wasn’t one of the main sticking points for Rafa that he wasn’t given enough control over transfers? If that’s the case then this is exactly what was expected: f*** whichever desperate dupe they appoint, he’ll be given what to work with and told to get on with it (see “Pardue).

As for the takeover, not sure anyone would sit back and see the value of the club diminish after already having agreed a price. He’s just getting on with things isn’t he...I’d be amazed if a deal goes through now. This just looks like every other close season / transfer window now, only worse

I know it's easy to say "but it's Ashley, it doesn't have to make sense" but to leave your squad with 1 actual striker (Joselu is not a striker) is beyond crazy, it just makes no sense on any level.

My guess is he's looking to buy big in the hope it appeases us on some level - those Joelinton rumours make more sense with this sale.

Yeah. I'm done with this happening. At least before season start.

Ashley can still make money out of us in the championship. He is fine with flirting with that possibility combined with a gambling chance of staying up and coining it in. We are his roulette wheel.  Bet on black or white it's a winner to Ashley.

Any kind of firesale would suggest he's selling like, very out if character.

Aye BZG are gonna be delighted to pay £350m for the club minus a couple of its biggest assets

Guest godzilla

We wouldn’t be selling our best players if we where close to being taken over

Let's see if he had buyout clause first because if he did he had no choice but to sell

I think you are the only one that still believes in the takeover :lol:

He’s not had a clause of £30m man ffs. Let it go

You don't know I don't know. You don't know if the takeover is happening and I don't know Let's just wait and see 'ffs' grow up man

Me grow up? You are the one that’s mentioned the Perez release clause and the club not been able to stop it (not even sure that’s accurate) about 5 times ffs :lol:

Think you want to look at Keith Downie's twitter  :cheesy:

What the f*** is his game here like? Even by his own standards this is fucken ridiculous.

Is it really that unexpected? It has been widely reported that Pérez had itchy feet and we all know Ashley’s love for making a few Bob regardless of the consequences.

Wasn’t one of the main sticking points for Rafa that he wasn’t given enough control over transfers? If that’s the case then this is exactly what was expected: f*** whichever desperate dupe they appoint, he’ll be given what to work with and told to get on with it (see “Pardue).

As for the takeover, not sure anyone would sit back and see the value of the club diminish after already having agreed a price. He’s just getting on with things isn’t he...I’d be amazed if a deal goes through now. This just looks like every other close season / transfer window now, only worse

I know it's easy to say "but it's Ashley, it doesn't have to make sense" but to leave your squad with 1 actual striker (Joselu is not a striker) is beyond crazy, it just makes no sense on any level.

My guess is he's looking to buy big in the hope it appeases us on some level - those Joelinton rumours make more sense with this sale.

It does, in the sense the morons think we could swap out one with the other. The chances of Joelinton or any one else actually being interested in coming here now is the problem.

Let's say there are players still wanting to come here, whixh of course there are. They're only likely to be not good enough or in it for the money leeches we have seen before.

Let's see if he had buyout clause first because if he did he had no choice but to sell

You don't know I don't know. You don't know if the takeover is happening and I don't know Let's just wait and see 'ffs' grow up man

Me grow up? You are the one that’s mentioned the Perez release clause and the club not been able to stop it (not even sure that’s accurate) about 5 times ffs :lol:

Bishop’s cash all over that

Guest chopey

Aye BZG are gonna be delighted to pay £350m for the club minus a couple of its biggest assets

I can see it both ways and I don't have a clue what way it will go.

Guest godzilla

Of course it is  O0

Of course it is  O0

Wow you pick and choose like nobody else man

This is no way to run a football club, it makes no sense and even if he hated us the value of the club is plummeting. If terms had been agreed for a takeover then surely the sale of key players, the loss of the manager and the majority of the backroom staff could impact the sale?

The Benitez situation had been going on for 18 months when the club had approached him with the initial contract offer, the news about a takeover came out in May with the statement informing them the agreement was made in April. There is no proof of this agreement aside from statements made by the group, but very much a no comment from the club.

I'm not surprised Perez is leaving given the reports since the end of the season, but the agreement of a transfer would suggest Charnley/Ashley operating as normal. I'd expect Hayden to leave as reported at the end of the season and the rumours of Longstaff going have been around the last few weeks so would think a sale is likely if the offer is between £25-30m. Wages for Rondon, Diame, Kenedy and Barrecca will all go into the new structure so any manager coming in should have a healthy budget to operate within, however wholesale changes are required in what is likely going to be two weeks. History under this ownership has proven we can't get deals completed with a manager in place within certain time frames and is money likely to be taken out of the club?

Guest godzilla

Being reported that they activated the release clause so everyones hands tied in relation to the Perez deal, neither BZG or Ashley can do anything about it

It does, in the sense the morons think we could swap out one with the other. The chances of Joelinton or any one else actually being interested in coming here now is the problem.

Let's say there are players still wanting to come here, whixh of course there are. They're only likely to be not good enough or in it for the money leeches we have seen before.

You think Ashley thinks we can survive the Prem with inferior strikers? I think Ashley's reluctance to ever spend anything significant on a striker proves he knows full well the value of a striker.

You don't know I don't know. You don't know if the takeover is happening and I don't know Let's just wait and see.

edit: And by the way it's being reported a release clause WAS activated

There is no takeover man let it go. No one buys a club agrees a price then sees the previous owner sell a 30m asset of that business

It's about time people forgot about this bullshit takeover weve all been had again by Ashley Charnley Bishop and Barnes

Being reported that they activated the release clause so everyones hands tied in relation to the Perez deal, neither BZG or Ashley can do anything about it

There is no bzg

Oh we believing what Keith Downie thinks now? :lol:

Seriously man, I hope your right. I just can’t see it. Also I’m fairly sure if a deal was pretty much done there would be an embargo and that would include the Perez deal. It would go on hold.

We await tomorrow for this statement I guess

Guest godzilla

Of course it is  O0

No I just go by what's being put out and what we know has happened. I have not once 'picked and chosen' anything and have went along not wavering on anything based on what's actually happened. Only time will tell and we will know soon anyway

I thought I had reached the point where I was just numb to whatever Ashley did these days, but its still gut retching to see the club disintegrate like this.

Sounds unnecessarily dramatic, but Newcastle has been a big part of my life and its hard seeing the club the way it is. I will probably still follow football as a neutral, but I do feel like I'm losing something.

Wish this place could be redesigned as a general chat about football and just blank out Newcastle.  :lol:

There is no bzg

Eh?

Of course it is  O0

No I just go by what's being put out and what we know has happened. I have not once 'picked and chosen' anything and have went along not wavering on anything based on what's actually happened. Only time will tell and we will know soon anyway

You still expect a statement either way? I don’t.