Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Eh? Where's the confirmation they're involved come from? Kennedy hasn't even gone with "sources close to the deal" or whatever to try and give at least some credibility

That Man United fan from Pakistan who is BZG's lawyer is also Dave Reuben's accountant. He confirmed in a tweet direct to Miles Starforth.

Where?

I'm still absolutely sceptical on whether this will go through or not. However, I've changed my stance on whether I think the club will be sold in the near future.

It's gone well beyond a clever PR campaign by MA's team. By this point tens (if not hundreds) of thousands has been put in by various parties over the last 3 years trying to broker a deal. This isnt childs play either, neither BZG, the reubens, or the Saudi's are tyre kickers, even if that's they way it's often spun.

MA will have spent some time, at least hearing from potential buyers. IMO, eventually he will decide to sell to one of these, probably with a promise of a piece of the pie, should we reach the champions league or whatever.

EVEN Mike Ashley, who is presumably a fairly busy man, wouldnt waste so much time and money on something without eventually selling.

He will want the last laugh though. Whether it be selling it to a mate or retaining a stake or announcing it out of the blue. We will be lucky to get a clean break from him.

Eh? Where's the confirmation they're involved come from? Kennedy hasn't even gone with "sources close to the deal" or whatever to try and give at least some credibility

That Man United fan from Pakistan who is BZG's lawyer is also Dave Reuben's accountant. He confirmed in a tweet direct to Miles Starforth.

Who is miles starforth ffs  ;D

I don't like the direction this proposed takeover is going.

Sudden gush of optimism, followed by conflicting reports, then no news and now I'm expecting the familiar final act of Ashley rejecting any deal.

Wouldn’t expect anything less

I don't like the direction this proposed takeover is going.

Sudden gush of optimism, followed by conflicting reports, then no news and now I'm expecting the familiar final act of Ashley rejecting any deal.

That’s because the only article that’s come out with anything has been the WSJ. Every other local or national paper was caught on the hop. But they know this is a once a year spike in clicks so they are happy to feed into the mindset of the obsessed supporter who are also more than happy to get wound up by the whole debacle.

Jim fucking White mentions the next 48-72 hours will be critical based on nothing but yet everyone seems to think it goes in tandem with the transfer deadline. It doesn’t.

We can probably accurately guess that Mandy and her pals have come in with a decent offer this time and Mike is the one saying “let me have a think about it”

He doesn’t really want to sell. We know that. But he might if the deal is sweetened somehow.

This whole thing leaking doesn’t make discussions easy now because all eyes are on them all.

And it’s Mandy and the Reubens who are negotiating. The other Saudi party don’t need to be part of this, they’ll just cough up the money once it has the green light.