Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Would come as no surprise but the media have been done again

I've sad this previously but it makes sense to take cash out of the club prior to a takeover and Ashley won't want to reduce his loans as this will increase his exposure to tax on the sale.

Buying an asset should have no impact on the value of the club and actually makes it more attractive for a prospective buyer as they would rather buy assets than cash (OK I give you Joelinton as the exception to the rule). I doubt the owners actually care about who the players are other than maybe one or 2 favourites that they may look to bring in

It basically is either happening behind the scenes or not, everything else will continue pretty much as normal

Steve Bruce will obviously be kept in the dark, Charnley is likely to be kept in the dark.

On top of this, if NDA’s are signed, Bruce is hardly going to come out and say ‘we are down the road in a takeover’.

I don’t think singing or not signing players is any sort of indicator of a sale, we are just going about what should be normal business for a football club.

I’m not saying the takeover will happen, just trying to explain that we are obviously not going to be just spoon fed information on it.

Very quiet on the takeover front yesterday and today.

Probably a good sign but the silence is hard to live with.

Want to get it done, NOW!

I can probably say, with about 99% certainty, it isn't a good thing :lol:

If i hear Keith Downie mention " Corridors of Power " again..any other clubs have corridors of power ffs

Hiw else do you think they get to the Data Room ?

I've just got a mental picture of Staveley dress as lara croft fighting her way down the "corridor of power".  Ashley as the end of level big boss.

If i hear Keith Downie mention " Corridors of Power " again..any other clubs have corridors of power ffs

Hiw else do you think they get to the Data Room ?

I've just got a mental picture of Staveley dress as lara croft fighting her way down the "corridor of power".  Ashley as the end of level big boss.

Keep your fantasies to yourself

I imagine SJP is just made up of loads of empty offices and corridors, where all the staff have been sacked or moved to zero-hours contracts.

Lights off and no blinds all around, all doors closed to save on heating, Susan sat at the desk on her own with 35 telephone lines al put through to her phone, charnley sat at his desk with padded corners staring a newton's cradle while Bruce stands braying the door at ashleys empty office knowing full well he's not there.

Didn't the original news say that this could take days, weeks, or even months?

Jim White said 72 hours though.

Has Jim mentioned anything today? Someone call him today on 08717 22 33 44 (13p/min), that's 08717 22 33 44, and ask him what's going on.

Didn't the original news say that this could take days, weeks, or even months?

Jim White said 72 hours though.

Has Jim mentioned anything today? Someone call him today on 08717 22 33 44 (13p/min), that's 08717 22 33 44, and ask him what's going on.

Think that's 457 times you have reminded us all what Jim White the cunt said.

Quite why Benitez remains so popular with the Toon Army remains a mystery to those of us outside the North East.

He is still revered for not buggering off after taking them down into the Championship.

In fact, it was another two years before he buggered off to Dalian Yifang to earn £12million a year after tax.

But now it seems that Rafa is ready to rekindle his Geordie love affair as soon as he can get a flight out of virus-stricken China.

So let’s forget the misery of his final season at Newcastle, when his team narrowly dodged relegation while playing some of the most turgid football ever seen at St James’ Park.

And let’s ignore the fact that Steve Bruce is making a far better fist of things this time — despite the apathy of fans.

:lol: :lol: