Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It's not worth getting excited about stuff like that because we've been through it all before.

Amanda Staveley could appear on TV in lingerie and with a flashing neon sign that says "I want to buy NUFC" but it all counts for nothing when Ashley will get drunk and pull the plug at the last minute.

That's blatantly a fantasy of yours.  :lol: :lol:

This has gone weirdly very quiet.

I think "weirdly very quiet" is better than if there was continuing leaks.  (Assuming there is any truth to this thing happening) things were happening very quietly for up to 6 months before it was leaked - so hopefully things going very quiet again is because they're back working on getting the deal done.  If things were noisy I think it would mean either the negotiations were ongoing, but now they're using the media as part of the negotiation process (this never helps commercial negotiations), or it would be to announce the deal was off or never happening.

Hence, I think quiet is good/better.

And I thought fat Mike had 48 hours to make a decision which ended on Tuesday?

One conclusion I have made, nee one knows anything. Be it NE journos or other national journos. None of them had a sniff of this before WSJ broke the story and then suddenly once it broke, everyone had their own Exclusives? Yeah right.

Not believing any of their tweets or newspaper columns.

The quieter the better. The transfer deadline has nothing to do with the takeover. I suspect if he was thinking of selling it would have been in April or May (speculation). The leak coming out has put the spotlight on something that isn’t done yet.

The only news agency that’s written it said anything that can be trusted to this point is the WSJ. The guy who wrote the article said they wouldn’t have published it if it wasn’t very likely to happen.

Anyone mentioning timelines or anything else to do with it since is pure guess work/speculation.

Those claiming to have sources at the club didn’t know jack before the WSJ wrote their piece.

The quieter the better. The transfer deadline has nothing to do with the takeover. I suspect if he was thinking of selling it would have been in April or May (speculation). The leak coming out has put the spotlight on something that isn’t done yet.

The only news agency that’s written it said anything that can be trusted to this point is the WSJ. The guy who wrote the article said they wouldn’t have published it if it wasn’t very likely to happen.

Anyone mentioning timelines or anything else to do with it since is pure guess work/speculation.

Those claiming to have sources at the club didn’t know jack before the WSJ wrote their piece.

The fucking balls on you.  :lol:

:lol: As opposed to your complete bullshit speculation? How are you even still here ffs  :lol:

Oh how I long for the days before the internet when the world wasn't ending if you didn't have an update every 5 minutes or need everyone to publicly announce their decisions.

For all we know MA had a decision to make, he made it on Tuesday and the process is continuing between the 2 parties - as it should.

It's either bollocks or we will know when its done

That professor bloke who’s usually fairly astute and fair - Simon Chadwick I think he’s called - has apparently done some digging in Saudi about this rumour. Come up sucking his thumb by all accounts, the chief response being “why would we buy Newcastle when we have the money to buy Man Utd?”. So that’s errrr, a bit shit really.