Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Wtf is the alleged 10m loan for?

Why the fuck would anyone get a loan of a top wanker......

I seem to remember at the time Ashley had such a bonk on at the thought of the Saudi's owning us he offered Staverly the fast track loan to trigger his takeover rules, she took the offer rather than spend time putting her money together alongside dealing with the Saudi's and Reubans.

28 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Complete guesswork, but it was Stavely that he gave the loan to, and so presumably it's her that had to adhere to those conditions on that loan, not the club or the other owners.

Think it's very hard to prove criticism, and that's why I'd guess it's really all about the advertising.

I read something at the time (in a tweet, so take that for what it's worth) saying that they were supposed to stay up till the end of the year, which one thought was till the end of the calendar year, and the other thought it was till the end of the season.

Might be talking a load of old nonsense with all that, mind.

I get the criticism part applies to her with relation to the loan but not sure how his loan to Staveley can dictate what the club or the other 90% owners have to do

Either way hope he gets ruined in court the scumbag 

Don't know either.

Maybe it's that the other owners didn't sign up to those terms so can't be sued. Or maybe that she also has the management contract to run the club day to day, so makes the decisions.

But agreed, I hope the hateful idiot gets stung.

Remember when Ol' Dirty Bastard was ordered by court to pay for a fine for (insert whatever transgression he did that week), and turned up to court with the fine in sacks full of cents and nickels?

That. But in pennies and in hundreds of sports direct bags-for-life. And watch as this useless knacker throws them over himself like a low-rent Scrooge McDuck.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I seem to remember at the time Ashley had such a bonk on at the thought of the Saudi's owning us he offered Staverly the fast track loan to trigger his takeover rules, she took the offer rather than spend time putting her money together alongside dealing with the Saudi's and Reubans.

I don't get under any circumstances, why she would get a loan from Ashley. 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

I don't get under any circumstances, why she would get a loan from Ashley. 

Because she didn’t have the money, and he wanted to sell?

PCP / Staveley aren’t dripping with cash.  She also borrowed the £4m required to keep the club running in October off Reubens.  It’s why the entire structure of club ownership brings into question the notion that PIF will be throwing money in, if they’re expecting investment pro rata’d based upon shareholding. 

He’s targeting Staveley because she’s the one with agreement.  He can’t target PIF or Reubens because they paid with their own money, therefore this isn’t going after the ‘weaker’ party, it’s going after the person you have a contract with.  It’s a matter between Ashley & PCP, not Ashley & NUFC.  And on that basis, the horrible thin-skinned fat cunt can crack on as far as I’m concerned - it makes zero difference to NUFC or me.

Edited by MarkyMark

4 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

Because she didn’t have the money, and he wanted to sell?

PCP / Staveley aren’t dripping with cash.  She also borrowed the £4m required to keep the club running in October off Reubens.  It’s why the entire structure of club ownership brings into question the notion that PIF will be throwing money in, if they’re expecting investment pro rata’d based upon shareholding. 

He’s targeting Staveley because she’s the one with agreement.  He can’t target PIF or Reubens because they paid with their own money, therefore this isn’t going after the ‘weaker’ party, it’s going after the person you have a contract with.  It’s a matter between Ashley & PCP, not Ashley & NUFC.  And on that basis, the horrible thin-skinned fat cunt can crack on as far as I’m concerned - it makes zero difference to NUFC or me.

Yeah, but why him, get your loan from a safer place, he's a known parasite. It's just unusual. And I'd be inclined to think theres a fair bit more to it.

But cheers for the back story. 

5 hours ago, LRD said:

Some advertising until end of season? Just put one SD sign back up but allow anyone to kick it, trash it, burn it then.

Great idea, or put one up outside Nine bar and let supporters write their feelings about Ashley on it so it can be delivered to him as a sort of leaving card 

9 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Yeah, but why him, get your loan from a safer place, he's a known parasite. It's just unusual. And I'd be inclined to think theres a fair bit more to it.

But cheers for the back story. 

Yeah. I'd rather get a loan off Wonga.

All the horrible things he has done to his staff at his slave pit in Shirebrook and he sues someone because they hurt his feelings, it's like Scrooge complaining cos someone nicked his sheets after he died.

Douglas Adams provides the solution, apologies to all for adjusting the original text slightly....

'You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anyone or anything.’

'But the signs were on display…’

'On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.’

`That’s the display department.’

`With a torch.’

`Ah, well the lights had probably gone.’

`So had the stairs.’

`But look you found the signs didn’t you?’

`Yes,’ said Arthur, `yes I did. They were on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying “Beware of The Leopard“.’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/24/derby-county-administrators-set-crunch-talks-football-league/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643042012 [emoji38]

Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has a strong interest in buying the club, with representatives from his group shown around the Pride Park stadium and training ground this month.

It is understood that Lee Charnley, who was a managing director and the chief executive at Newcastle, has been lined up to take a similar role if the Ashley bid is successful.

Bruce will have a job lined up I'm sure...

8 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/24/derby-county-administrators-set-crunch-talks-football-league/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643042012 [emoji38]

Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has a strong interest in buying the club, with representatives from his group shown around the Pride Park stadium and training ground this month.

It is understood that Lee Charnley, who was a managing director and the chief executive at Newcastle, has been lined up to take a similar role if the Ashley bid is successful.

Bruce will have a job lined up I'm sure...

Nah Bruce was simply a troll job by Ashley on NUFC. It will be Pardew!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10483113/Mike-Ashley-feels-Derby-Countys-administrators-NOT-want-buy-crisis-club.html

Mike Ashley feels Derby’s administrators do not want him to buy the club and is considering investments elsewhere while their lack of co-operation persists.

The former Newcastle owner’s advisors have made no progress with administrators Quantuma in recent weeks and, as one source said: ‘He is stood at the gates with his cheque book but they’ve locked him out. They have made him feel like a pariah.’

Ashley - who sold Newcastle for £305million in October - is said to be looking at alternative ventures in the EFL, county cricket and The Hundred franchise.

A source added: 'He wants to invest in something where he can make a difference, have a bit of fun and promote his brands. There are too many outstanding issues at Derby right now, but he can't get any answers from the administrators anyway.'

What if he ended up buying SAFC?

The Daily Mail article says he is looking at EFL clubs......and I bet their owners would be open to an offer......and if they can get a decent crowd for the return of a 39 year old former player Ashley might be seeing the pound signs!!

Little investment resulting in big crowds - sounds exactly up the fat cunts street.