Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It won’t be this week but even if it was going to be it would be highly unlikely for anything to happen before Friday at the earliest.

I’m still reasonably positive about this lot. With a dose of cynicism so I won’t be too put out if it doesn’t happen.

All I can say is fuck the bastard who leaked it. I was more than happy with the possibility of Rafa staying and Ashley still being the owner.. then all this happened.

It won’t be this week but even if it was going to be it would be highly unlikely for anything to happen before Friday at the earliest.

I’m still reasonably positive about this lot. With a dose of cynicism so I won’t be too put out if it doesn’t happen.

All I can say is fuck the bastard who leaked it. I was more than happy with the possibility of Rafa staying and Ashley still being the owner.. then all this happened.

F.4. If any Person proposes to become a Director of a Club (including for the avoidance

of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or acquiring Control of the Club):

F.4.1. the Club shall, no later than 10 Working Days prior to the date on which it is

anticipated that such Person shall become a Director, submit to the Board

a duly completed Declaration in respect of that Person signed by him and

by an Authorised Signatory, at which point that Person shall be bound by

and subject to the Rules;

F.4.2. within five Working Days of receipt thereof the Board shall confirm to the

Club whether or not he is liable to be disqualified as a Director under the

provisions in Rule F.1, and if he is so liable the Board will take the steps set

out in Rule F.6; and

F.4.3. he shall not become a Director until the Club has received confirmation

from the Board pursuant to Rule F.4.2 above that he is not liable to be

disqualified as a Director under the provisions of Rule F.1.

If the declaration was submitted last weekend, tomorrow is five working days.

So after this has had a week to settle, how likely does everyone feel this takeover will go ahead?  I was initially excited and still hope for the best but I'm feeling about 50/50 right now. It seems genuine (ish) but at the same time ashley has cried wolf too many times in the past.

So, current gut feelings?

Not confident at all, and I haven't been since the news changed from us actually being sold, to it being an ongoing saga.

You only have to see how many separate companies set up that make up the club as a whole to realise that any deal would be massively complicated.

Lee Charnley must be a director of about 30 of them. Wouldn’t all those companies need to be dissolved or what it is they do be transferred for a deal to take place?

That's really not an issue at all, they all sit under one holding company (St James Holdings) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MASH Holdings.

As for directorship, it's just basic admin with Companies House.

You only have to see how many separate companies set up that make up the club as a whole to realise that any deal would be massively complicated.

Lee Charnley must be a director of about 30 of them. Wouldn’t all those companies need to be dissolved or what it is they do be transferred for a deal to take place?

That's really not an issue at all, they all sit under one holding company (St James Holdings) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MASH Holdings.

As for directorship, it's just basic admin with Companies House.

Most of these company were set up pre Ashley. Really not an issue.

Guest covmag

Haven't seen much since Saturday around noon UK time. Anything of interest since then?

Nothing.

The issue is the adamant nature of the BZG and those over in the UAE being contradicted by patter from the local journalists other than the bloke at the S*n. Our local journalists have either absolutely no clue, or have absolutely no clue and are being dicks about it which doesn't help the mood amongst fans on social media. Their 'sources' likely have no clue about issues such as negotiations of a takeover and are giving just their gut feelings similar to what many posters are saying in this thread; not making anything clearer and throwing everything up in the air. Just stick to what we know: they want the club, Ashley wants to sell, due diligence has happened, heads of terms have been submitted. Now we wait for the next update, good or bad. There seems to be an outright desire to have updates on minutiae regarding all this and that just won't happen. Bet if there are no updates within 2 days, there'll be at least one post about it either not definitely not happening or how iTs AlL kEiTh BiShOp Pr SpIn. Because that mong is definitely the sort to have ties to Emirati royalty.

HaydnNUFC. Common sense, well said. This could be a multi million pound takeover of a large business. These deals take months, are not conducted in the press, in public or with hourly or even daily updates. Sure, we all want to know if it's real, if it will it happen, when it will happen, but we are not going to know until it's done. If it gets done. Journos are guessing, we are guessing and hoping. In reality we all know bugger all really. We need to be patient, not listen to or read speculative crap. However difficult it might be!

The issue is the adamant nature of the BZG and those over in the UAE being contradicted by patter from the local journalists other than the bloke at the S*n. Our local journalists have either absolutely no clue, or have absolutely no clue and are being dicks about it which doesn't help the mood amongst fans on social media. Their 'sources' likely have no clue about issues such as negotiations of a takeover and are giving just their gut feelings similar to what many posters are saying in this thread; not making anything clearer and throwing everything up in the air. Just stick to what we know: they want the club, Ashley wants to sell, due diligence has happened, heads of terms have been submitted. Now we wait for the next update, good or bad. There seems to be an outright desire to have updates on minutiae regarding all this and that just won't happen. Bet if there are no updates within 2 days, there'll be at least one post about it either not definitely not happening or how iTs AlL kEiTh BiShOp Pr SpIn. Because that mong is definitely the sort to have ties to Emirati royalty.

HaydnNUFC. Common sense, well said. This could be a multi million pound takeover of a large business. These deals take months, are not conducted in the press, in public or with hourly or even daily updates. Sure, we all want to know if it's real, if it will it happen, when it will happen, but we are not going to know until it's done. If it gets done. Journos are guessing, we are guessing and hoping. In reality we all know bugger all really. We need to be patient, not listen to or read speculative crap. However difficult it might be!

How do we actually know that Ashley wants to sell? That's not one of the facts in this.

Unless a journo has contacts within Ashley's lawyer firm or with Ashley himself then its pointless. All the usual sources that serve them well on transfers won't be of any help here yet they'll ask and print the response. That response is an opinion on their gut feeling, which is then written as fact by the Journo's.