Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Read on Twitter (probably bollocks) Ashley’s f***ed off to America again

If true there are many ways to read into it:-

1. Takeover done, to be announced next week...Ashley decides he doesn’t want to be around when it all happens

2. No takeover, no deal for Rafa....Ashley runs scared and pisses off on another holiday.

3. He’s trying to get more money than is already being offered and is off to the states to try and drum up more interest.

4. He’s taking the p*ss......couldn’t give a toss about the supporters, and is off on another jolly.

Number 4 sounds about right

It is number 1 - certainly.

This whole "quiet time", that is upsetting (worrying) so many people, is totally the correct and ONLY way that a proper takeover and all the legal complications can happen, in peace. No daft 'public comments', while the hard work is being done.

Inevitably, it is very close now.

Very close.

Just relax people, and W A I T .

Good times are coming.

Is that ITK or just your own opinion?

My opinion, I am not an ITK, but it is NOT just a finger-in-the-air opinion, it is arrived at from sheer (and to me, quite obvious) LOGIC.

Just think about it you guys, and what I say is the only 'totally logical' answer to what has been happening.

And, thankyou Stifleaay, for your support.

There is plenty of logical reasons as to why it isn’t happening

I'm not saying that it is totally logical that it is happening OR that it is (as you say) NOT happening . . . I am saying that the only "totally logical explanation" of what has been happening recently (the SILENCE) is that something is happening behind the scenes. Quietly is how the work is best done.

Let's face it, if work was not happening (progress not being made and the deal having fallen through) then "for sure" one side or the other (or both sides) would have been SHOUTING OFF (a lot) about how it was the other sides fault !!

Yes?

Definitely happening now, just nodded off on the sofa while watching the New Zealand v West Indies game in the ICC Cricket World Cup and had a dream that I was in Waitrose and bumped into Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan and Midhat Kidwai. Sheik Khaled didn't speak English but Midhat told me it was all done and dusted and announcement tomorrow. We exchanged business cards and he said they would be in touch.

I realise I'm joining the unpopular kids here but I still refuse to believe Ashley has any intention to sell the club.

I had a major shock recently, when a huge fucking box, plastered with about 1000 Sports Direct logos arrived at the doorstep. Turns out my wife has ordered this Peppa Pig bicycle thing for our daughter from fucking SD of all places. It's been less than a month and I already had to repair the motherfucker three times. And my daughter doesn't even ride it a lot.

Today, she (2 year old) saw me looking at some NUFC videos on my phone. She recongnised the "logo" plastered all over SJP.. instantly.. from like 3ft away. "Daddy buy Peppa Pig toy!?". My daughter can't even say my name yet but she knows Sports Direct, fucking amazing that. 

So yeah, THAT's why I'm of the opinion that Ashley doesn't want to sell the club, as long as Sports Direct is in his interests and the PL is watched. The advertising "deal" with SD can't be compared to many other PL sponsorships, the ground is absolutely covered in this branding abomination, more than any other in the PL or any other stadium I can think of. If you're watching a random 1min goal highlight, you'll see Sports Direct at least 3-4 times.The logo's blatant contrasting ugliness is projected to billions of people every couple of weeks and Sports Direct benefits massively from that.

How much would it cost you to target 1-2 billion people on Adwords or Facebook? Mike Ashley takes that for free from Newcastle United for 12 years. Very noble of him to finally agree to pay something.. how much is it - 6-7 million a season? The real cost of such aggressive, culture-overtaking advertising is at least ten times bigger.. just like Sports Direct's profits from our unfortunate association. And there are still people that argue Ashley "isn't taking money from the club"..

I realise I'm joining the unpopular kids here but I still refuse to believe Ashley has any intention to sell the club.

Bugs me a bit this.

People aren't unpopular for thinking he doesn't want to sell. If you're referring to the wazzocks talking the same shit with every post, it's because they repeated the same shit over and over, not because of what they think.

I'm leaning more towards it not happening now, not because it was never a legit bid, but because i feel like Ashley's getting ready to pull the rug. Especially with wise coming out, that shite on talk sport, the 'revamp' of the academy/back room.... Shola etc. Just makes me think he's covering all bases... 'ah rafa asked for a revamp and we gave him it, he still left'.

Has it ever happened in previous takeovers where the current owner is in the process of selling the club, but still appoints a new manager. If the Bin Zayed Group are confident they will complete this takeover I can't imagine they would be happy having a manager they don't want on a lengthy contract.

Do I Giggs with throwing a jaffacake out there? Whether it's a biscuit is more debatable than progress at this club.

Aye you did. Unfortunately i started all the shenanigans off when i said i was having a jaffa cake the other day  :lol:

Do I Giggs with throwing a jaffacake out there? Whether it's a biscuit is more debatable than progress at this club.

Total Giggs.

Also not debatable as it was proven to be a cake in a court of law.

Aye you did. Unfortunately i started all the shenanigans off when i said i was having a jaffa cake the other day  :lol:

He said it again! He said it again!

He said it again! He said it again!

:lol:

I cannot for one moment accept that Rafa appointed Shola to his backroom team just no way. Shola is another Ashley/Charnley stooge appointment

He’s not in any way connected to the coaching setup. He’s just a friendly face to go check on the kids and make sure they’re being looked after etc.

He was never on crazy money while he was a player. He needs to work like a lot of players at that level do when retired.. what’s he going to say.. Ashley is an arsehole on live tv? Yeah that’ll get him the job..

We’re supposed to be one of the best supporters in the country yet we turn on former players and on each other at the drop of a hat. It’s mental.

How did we ever expect to force Mike Ashley out if we could never stay united on a single thing?

The sooner this takeover happens the better, for our mental health if anything ?

I cannot for one moment accept that Rafa appointed Shola to his backroom team just no way. Shola is another Ashley/Charnley stooge appointment

He’s not in any way connected to the coaching setup. He’s just a friendly face to go check on the kids and make sure they’re being looked after etc.

He was never on crazy money while he was a player. He needs to work like a lot of players at that level do when retired.. what’s he going to say.. Ashley is an arsehole on live tv? Yeah that’ll get him the job..

We’re supposed to be one of the best supporters in the country yet we turn on former players and on each other at the drop of a hat. It’s mental.

How did we ever expect to force Mike Ashley out if we could never stay united on a single thing?

The sooner this takeover happens the better, for our mental health if anything ?

Shola is a comfortable millionaire, he doesn't need to work.

He's a clever bloke, articulate and sensible. Good luck to him in his new role - he'll play an important role for those at the club in their early years of pro contracts.