Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The Geordie dentist on twitter reckons that he’s after more money. Perhaps the other bidder has indicated they’re prepared to pay more and BZG now have to stick or twist.

Or maybe fat mike is just stringing them all along for s***s and giggles. I know which is the more likely scenario

How I read his tweets was that Ashley wanted another £50 million up front so same price but they were obviously paying over instalments and they were paying maybe £100 million at first then £100 million a season for the next 2 years with a final £50 million payment (this is just an example I have no idea what any arrangement would be). But now he is wanting £150 million up front.

Surely that wouldn’t be a show stopper for BZG if the reports of their assets are true.

Would be if they didnt think it was worth that much. I can afford to pay £20 for a coffee but I'm not going to.

Not really analogous given what he said was about payment structure not overall price/cost.

The Geordie dentist on twitter reckons that he’s after more money. Perhaps the other bidder has indicated they’re prepared to pay more and BZG now have to stick or twist.

Or maybe fat mike is just stringing them all along for s***s and giggles. I know which is the more likely scenario

How I read his tweets was that Ashley wanted another £50 million up front so same price but they were obviously paying over instalments and they were paying maybe £100 million at first then £100 million a season for the next 2 years with a final £50 million payment (this is just an example I have no idea what any arrangement would be). But now he is wanting £150 million up front.

Surely that wouldn’t be a show stopper for BZG if the reports of their assets are true.

Would be if they didnt think it was worth that much. I can afford to pay £20 for a coffee but I'm not going to.

Not really analogous given what he said was about payment structure not overall price/cost.

True enough. I'd just skipped to the last post and assumed it was one of those "they can afford it so just pay it" type posts that regularly appear at transfer and takeover times.

I text Midhat earlier with a photo of the Rafa story from today and pointed out that Ashley was going to do his best to ensure that we're in a relegation dogfight if Rafa is allowed to walk away.

Also pointed out the insanity that one of the sticking points is that he’s refusing to pay 16.5m for a proven striker who could pretty much guarantee we stay up and keep making 130m+ a season, all because he’s 30 years old and won’t have much resale value.

Anyway, he gave me the “seen” for about 2 hours.

Then came back with a 👍 so have no idea how to read into that.

True enough. I'd just skipped to the last post and assumed it was one of those "they can afford it so just pay it" type posts that regularly appear at transfer and takeover times.

:thup:

It was absolutely not that. The price is the same but fat boy just wants more up front and less in the future. Not a show stopper to me, if this rumour is even true.

I text Midhat earlier with a photo of the Rafa story from today and pointed out that Ashley was going to do his best to ensure that we're in a relegation dogfight if Rafa is allowed to walk away.

Also pointed out the insanity that one of the sticking points is that he’s refusing to pay 16.5m for a proven striker who could pretty much guarantee we stay up and keep making 130m+ a season, all because he’s 30 years old and won’t have much resale value.

Girls usually reply late to me with a thumbs up. Pretty sure it means they are sick of you but still want to be nice.

I’d read into that that he doesn’t want you to text him mate but isn’t rude enough to ignore you completely.

It was absolutely not that. The price is the same but fat boy just wants more up front and less in the future. Not a show stopper to me, if this rumour is even true.

Thatsvwhy I replied "True enough" to Greg.

Girls usually reply late to me with a thumbs up. Pretty sure it means they are sick of you but still want to be nice.

Yup.  It means the conversation is over. 

:lol:

I can’t get it, may be I missed something

How could it be possible that the EPL proper test was carried out before the price / payment method / sales itself has been agreed?

How could it be possible that the EPL proper test was carried out before the price / payment method / sales itself has been agreed?

No point in buying it you are ruled unfit to own it like. Common sense option that, absolutely no idea what it means in regard to this though.

There's been some garbage on this thread but the suggestion that girls actually bother replying to your messages takes the fucking biscuit!

Theres no evidence this has happened is there?

I’d read into that that he doesn’t want you to text him mate but isn’t rude enough to ignore you completely.

Yeah leave him alone now man.

I'd take it like he would like to say something but aren't allowed to.

Just regarding the afforementioned concept of installment payments - they put out through the ssn lackey that they would take installments during the Staveley 'negotiations' so keen were they apparently to get a deal done - why not apply it here, if that's the case. And what of these others interested parties?

Lies #5125 and #5126

The FA/PL are beginning to be complicit in this if it is a scam. Either way its having a massively detrimental effect on a football club. They should let it be known, without divulging details or even what stage things are at, simply whether they have recieved attempts to buy the club and a deal is being persued or that they have not. They should not allow themselves to be used, though I doubt they care (Blackpool, Bolton) for propaganda against football fans. (that's skys job)

People have really lost the plot. Messaging a director as if he's your pal FFS.

Their director must have lost the plot also if he's replying to absolute randoms.

People have really lost the plot. Messaging a director as if he's your pal FFS.

Their director must have lost the plot also if he's replying to absolute randoms.

You've said this before, but how does it indicate he's losing the plot? :lol:

His number's publicly available. As foolish as that may be, his options are to change it, block/ignore every unknown fucker that messages him, or politely acknowledge fans of his potential new club. He appears to be going down the polite route at the moment. :dontknow:

Nah. Leave him alone.

Guest godzilla

Nah. Leave him alone.

Agreed especially when you mention about the signings and stuff, which has nothing to do with the takeover whatsoever. At the end of the day regarding Rafa or the takeover we are not going to hear anything officially for a week, so no point in the mass panic which is happening until we do.