Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I’m kinda hoping another bidder (not kenyon) is working behind the scenes. Bzg do seem very unprofessional

I'm at the stage where I would take anybody but Ashley at this point. I don't think the Bin Zayed Group have done themselves any favours with their statement today. If it was to turn the tables on Ashley then its backfired because its just raised more questions about themselves.

I would like Caulkin to tell us more about this other bidder. He doesn't have to tell us who they are, but just if they have they made progress and are still confident of getting a deal agreed in good time.

He touched on it briefly in true faith podcast on 24th June

Said theres 3 parties (at least)

“I know one other group and I know who they are and I speak to them but I’m not allowed to talk about who they are as it would violate the terms of whatever agreements they’ve got”

“They also claim to have made good progress but by good progress what does that mean. Well there’s been no exclusivity agreement with anyone group and don’t think that’ll happen now as Ashley wants to talk to as many people as possible to maybe drive the price up, it is around £350m, money is being moved around, accounts being checked, some of those data room things have happened or happening it’s now the end of June and the window is closing”

“The group that I know about, there’s substantive people involved and the people they are advised by and doing their negotiations are substantive people, that’s fact but it’s not fact that they’ve taken over”

That was nearly 3 weeks ago mind

Surely if the Bin Zayed Group were as close as they claim to be in completing a takeover then the other interested parties would pull out now.

I’m kinda hoping another bidder (not kenyon) is working behind the scenes. Bzg do seem very unprofessional

I'm at the stage where I would take anybody but Ashley at this point. I don't think the Bin Zayed Group have done themselves any favours with their statement today. If it was to turn the tables on Ashley then its backfired because its just raised more questions about themselves.

I would like Caulkin to tell us more about this other bidder. He doesn't have to tell us who they are, but just if they have they made progress and are still confident of getting a deal agreed in good time.

“I know one other group and I know who they are and I speak to them but I’m not allowed to talk about who they are as it would violate the terms of whatever agreements they’ve got”

“They also claim to have made good progress but by good progress what does that mean. Well there’s been no exclusivity agreement with anyone group and don’t think that’ll happen now as Ashley wants to talk to as many people as possible to maybe drive the price up, it is around £350m, money is being moved around, accounts being checked, some of those data room things have happened or happening it’s now the end of June and the window is closing”

“The group that I know about, there’s substantive people involved and the people they are advised by and doing their negotiations are substantive people, that’s fact but it’s not fact that they’ve taken over”

Surely if the Bin Zayed Group were as close as they claim to be in completing a takeover then the other interested parties would pull out now.

What if they fail the PL test

True, but how can continue talking to Ashley just out of hope the Bin Zayed Group fail the fit and proper test.

True, but how can continue talking to Ashley just out of hope the Bin Zayed Group fail the fit and proper test.

Thing is we don’t know how far these other bidders have got. They could have completed everything.

:lol: The fuck does Paddy Forster know like?

EDIT: Just seen on his bio he worked in Dubai. I'm in agreement with a few people replying that he's on the windup and it's something to do with his business.

He’s followed by a load of players and ex players too. There must be whispers around the training ground

:lol: The fuck does Paddy Forster know like?

EDIT: Just seen on his bio he worked in Dubai. I'm in agreement with a few people replying that he's on the windup and it's something to do with his business.

Aye, any amount of local divvies will flock to his gaff for an expensive haircut to see if they can find out anything about the takeover. Business savvy Paddy.

Tbf if we ever do get taken over it would make perfect sense for a barber to be the first to announce it

It’s certainly always been a long running thought in my time in the RAF, that if you want to know what’s happening on Station the Barber probably knows before everyone else ?