Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The new look Trust has turned out to be nothing more than an ego boosting old pals act, as many suspected.

They made loads of noise when wanting to take money off folk, many on lifetime memberships, got all the money in and have gone very quiet now, in fact silent.

Which in turn harms any future genuine efforts of others in the future.

Exactly. Anything else no matter how genuine, or by whom, will be met with so much scepticism that it'll never get off the ground. Certainly, at this stage, I'd say the NUST has done more harm than good.

Gutless cunt.

‘Enjoy the game!’

Actually the fans look like they have found a way to enjoy the games. If they can't enjoy the football, they can at least shout abuse at our softie continental players. That must be fun.

The new look Trust has turned out to be nothing more than an ego boosting old pals act, as many suspected.

They made loads of noise when wanting to take money off folk, many on lifetime memberships, got all the money in and have gone very quiet now, in fact silent.

All the usual suspects got in during the elections the other month and we've heard nothing since. Shame Heron didn't get in. That's who I voted for. We may well have had a bit more transparency then because all the old pals have taken their places, closed ranks and basically shut up shop.

Thankfully, because of my misgivings I took out a 1 year membership instead of the lifetime one they were plugging g so hard. No chance that's getting renewed.

It's not a protest group tbf.

Maybe not but it was set up due to the way Mike Ashley was running the football club and they always plug themselves more when things get really bad, ie last summer when Rafa left.

Oh I know and I've been critical since the start for the exact reasons that have transpired. But that's what their defence would be.

Greg's posted before they do things behind the scenes. Whether it's making the Donnay Army feel loved and getting new bog roll in the Leazes etc.

They might not be a protest group but why float the idea of protest? Either take the idea off the table or back it full tilt.

I don't think they really knew what they were doing at the start. Especially with so many rushing to do be seen to be doing something and pretending to get involved.

as much as i do think they're a bunch of charlatans, engagement with sdfc does at least give some clarity that would be hard to come by otherwise - provided the cloob are telling the truth..

from tonight's email:

"Club has around 30,000 season ticket holders, a drop of around 5000, and around 10000 have taken the free season ticket offer"

"Club say they are looking for a permanent solution to the problems, as it stands, the ticketing system is run by an outside source."

sure we used to have over 40000 st holders didn't we ?

Used to only be to 2-3000 tickets set aside for match sales IIRC. Rest was ST, corporate, away.

If poors deets are true it shows how efficient and loyal the Ashleyistas have been. Made sure to go to Arsenal to embarrass the stayaways and then do so again by taking up their Christmas present from Mike.

No wonder he’s a happy chappy.

as much as i do think they're a bunch of charlatans, engagement with sdfc does at least give some clarity that would be hard to come by otherwise - provided the cloob are telling the truth..

from tonight's email:

"Club has around 30,000 season ticket holders, a drop of around 5000, and around 10000 have taken the free season ticket offer"

"Club say they are looking for a permanent solution to the problems, as it stands, the ticketing system is run by an outside source."

sure we used to have over 40000 st holders didn't we ?

We had 40,000 season ticket holders in 17/18 which was the highest since the SBR days and as many as they could, or were prepared to sell (my brother and nephew tried to buy season tickets just before the season started and were placed on a waiting list).

They lost around 5,000 ST holders last season when most of those not on the 10 year deal were hit with a 20% price rise.

They lost a further 5,000 this season when Rafa walked away and they also inexplicably increased prices by a further 5%.

Basically their haemorrhaging supporters at an alarming level not seen at any other PL club and will see another huge drop next season when many of the 10 year deals expire.

We’re still going to games but let’s wear maroon & blue, that’ll show him.

Pointless really. The only form of protest is to not go. I very much doubt he cares what his customers are wearing as long as the seats are all filled for the TV cameras. The free tickets fiasco has proven beyond any doubt that empty seats really do rattle him.

Guest reefatoon

Like i mentioned earlier too, how is filling the ground with colours close to the colour branding of sports direct going to portray anything negative? Ashley is going to be loving that. absolute idiots man.

Just seems a token gesture aimed at those who can’t give up their day out. I’m done.

Had absolutely no publicity either. Thankfully I'd say because it's just a vehicle to shift scarves.

We’re still going to games but let’s wear maroon & blue, that’ll show him.

Is this a thing like?

Jesus.

Our #ToonBlueAndMaroon initiative on Saturday January 18th when Newcastle face Chelsea at home (live on TV) encourages Toon fans everywhere to wear blue and maroon as a visible, international mark of protest against Mike Ashley’s ownership of the club. We want the global footballing community to realise that many Newcastle United supporters want Mike Ashley to sell our club to a group that has genuine ambition and wants us to compete for trophies once again.

Tens of thousands of fans are boycotting St James Park, we are among them and missing match days hurts. Thousands of fans didn’t renew season tickets in the summer, while research conducted by our group revealed that the attendances for the first 10 competitive matches of this season were the lowest for a Premier League season since the 1999/2000 season, when St James’ was 36,000 rather than 52,000-seater stadium.

This action taken by supporters resulted in Ashley being forced to give away 10,000 half free season tickets and we view this as a victory for the boycott movement.

However, boycotts are divisive among our fanbase. Some anti-Ashley fans wouldn’t dream of boycotting St James’ and we respect that. So, we’re calling on fans who attend matches to wear blue and maroon scarf on the 18th to show that they do not support Mike Ashley’s ownership of Newcastle United.

People have pointed out that Mike Ashley isn’t going to sell the club just because we are wearing coloured scarves. And they are right. However, part of the fight to force Ashley out of Newcastle United is winning the PR war. We have to show the international football community, be it in person at the match, or on social media, that we are taking a stand against Ashley and that Newcastle supporters around the world are united in doing so.

To put it simply, the blue and maroon day of protest is something that we hope all anti-Ashley fans can get behind wherever they are based and whether they go to games or don’t. If you’re going to the match or watching from home or at the pub with family and friends – wear blue and maroon and use the #ToonBlueAndMaroon hashtag to get involved!

The harsh reality of Newcastle United in 2020 is that 17th position in the Premier League is deemed a success by the club. This shouldn’t be the case – and it doesn’t have to be.

This is not the club we fell in love with and the only way to get the club we loved back, the club that competed for titles, is to force Ashley to sell our club. Let’s show the world we are united in dreaming of more ambitious times – let’s turn the Toon blue and maroon on Saturday January 18th.

Toon For Change

Similar to NUST, they sound like another group that just wants noticed by someone.

Just seems a token gesture aimed at those who can’t give up their day out. I’m done.

Had absolutely no publicity either. Thankfully I'd say because it's just a vehicle to shift scarves.

I’m no longer helping out with Toon for change, but I was, and had input into the scarves.

They are not making any money at all from the scarves, in fact it has cost them.

A scarf manufacturer agreed to make 100 scarves and sell them via their own website. They agreed to give a 1% donation from the sale of the first 100 scarves directly to a charity of Toon for changes choice. The members of Toon for change then put their hands in their own pockets to make sure that the donations came to a 10% donation from the first 100 scarves to the charity.

Toon for change have never been given any money at all from the scarves, and won’t be. The manufacturer agreed to produce more because the first batch of scarves sold out really quickly. The manufacturer actually want to produce a hat to go along with the scarves, but Toon for change have not given this the go ahead.

I think Toon for change are very naive in their ideas, and I think there is at least 1 member trying to pick a pointless fight with someone in TMG, despite that, they certainly aren’t in it for the money.