Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Fucking hell, just don’t go to the games.

He gave away 10K season tickets because he didn’t want the ground empty.  It’s one of the main thing he cares about, time to stay in with the wife and miss the match.

But Sima, it's to show the international community that we're taking a stand against Ashley. I mean we'll still give over £500+ a year to him but let these blue and maroon scarves AND hats show we're not happy with him.

Guest The Little Waster

I get the maroon and blue thing, but it would be way more effective to stand opposite the club shop with a few hundred people NOT going to the game.

Which loons are advocating this ??

He gave away 10K season tickets because he didn’t want the ground empty.  It’s one of the main thing he cares about, time to stay in with the wife and miss the match.

Surely you just tell the missus you are going to the games still and go out on the piss.

Surely you just tell the missus you are going to the games still and go out on the piss.

Come on, man.  These people want to hand money over to Ashley to protest against him.  I don’t think they have the cognitive thought process to plan such a ruse as lying to the missus and not going to the match.

If I was going to the match, I'd be lying to the missus, saying I was in a grooming gang.

:lol: :lol:

Is that like a team of rogue hairdressers roaming the streets tidying people up ?

I was at Tynemouth market yesterday chatting to a bloke at one of the stalls - he sells old Newcastle match programmes among other things. He was laughing that my mate who was up from London looks a bit like Mike Ashley (he does amusingly).

We then got onto Mike Ashley........and he offered a staunch defence of him, saved the club financially, shouldn’t be down to him to put millions in. Then proceeded to tell me that I wasn’t a supporter given I’ve decided to stop going because I don’t believe there’s any true ambition nor do I want to put money into it. I politely disagreed and put my point across and he’s obviously entitled to his opinion but it was astonishing really.

I was at Tynemouth market yesterday chatting to a bloke at one of the stalls - he sells old Newcastle match programmes among other things. He was laughing that my mate who was up from London looks a bit like Mike Ashley (he does amusingly).

We then got onto Mike Ashley........and he offered a staunch defence of him, saved the club financially, shouldn’t be down to him to put millions in. Then proceeded to tell me that I wasn’t a supporter given I’ve decided to stop going because I don’t believe there’s any true ambition nor do I want to put money into it. I politely disagreed and put my point across and he’s obviously entitled to his opinion but it was astonishing really.

Mike Ashley relies on the stupid.

Just last night having this argument on Twitter (I know, I know) genuinely people believe we're in the SAME position as we were when Ashley took over and he's doing good:

And that we've leapfrogged team under Ashley:

These people deserve the club the way it is now.

Going to Spurs yesterday was extremely depressing. The stadium is spotless, everything is incredible quality, the shop is the size of a small country and packed with people spending hundreds of pounds, the view is amazing, you can get phone signal and hear the PA system. Not a dead pigeon in sight.

I know the capitalist stuff isn’t really the point of football, but it’s particularly cruel when you’re forced to endure the premier league but not allowed the chance to enjoy the fruits of it.

Going to Spurs yesterday was extremely depressing. The stadium is spotless, everything is incredible quality, the shop is the size of a small country and packed with people spending hundreds of pounds, the view is amazing, you can get phone signal and hear the PA system. Not a dead pigeon in sight.

I know the capitalist stuff isn’t really the point of football, but it’s particularly cruel when you’re forced to endure the premier league but not allowed the chance to enjoy the fruits of it.

Maybe so. But I know NUFC have a far better and passionate support than Spurs, especially when Ashley goes. And when he finally does we will be a better club that Spurs again like we were before Ashley

Maybe so. But I know NUFC have a far better and passionate support than Spurs, especially when Ashley goes. And when he finally does we will be a better club that Spurs again like we were before Ashley

Excellent post, and totally correct, Just a propheteer. Well said.