Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It is gutless and using the I, I, I excuse completely misses the point, unless there is a mass conviction to a boycott it will not work. He should be talking about what WE can do, how WE can change things and that WE need to act together.

Awful that. Me me me.

'if he hasn't left even though I, ME, TRUE FAITH ALEX has boycotted, then it's pointless.'  Aye, continue to feed your ego, fill mikes pockets and get shafted.  Well done.

Awful that. Me me me.

'if he hasn't left even though I, ME, TRUE FAITH ALEX has boycotted, then it's pointless.'  Aye, continue to feed your ego, fill mikes pockets and get shafted.  Well done.

Absolutely thick as fuck, like the majority in the crowd.

Self-absorbed, narcissistic, childish, arrogant little cunt. “I gave it a go and it didn’t work so I just went back” He absolutely needs to understand that he, and the fuckers that think like him, are the reason Ashley is still here. It needs to be a blanket boycott, home and away, across the entire fan base, it needs to be sustained and it needs high profile publicity to make sure it sticks. He had a role in doing so and he’s failed on every single level.

It annoys me when people suggest a boycott isnt worth it anyway because 'he already has the money' or 'the ticket moneys nowt compared to the tv income'

Its got absolutely fuck all to do with money man!!

The statement a boycott makes far outweighs anything of monetary significance.

The boycott this season worked. Not in an I’m Spartacus way against Arsenal but by titration afterward. Justified and showed solidarity with everyone who has left an empty seat this season and the sentiment forced the fat cunts hand. It’s just a pity that so many are so short termist. If you get excited still by goals at SJP then I envy you and pity matters in equal measure. Ashley is immovable because he’s never been shown what could really be at stake. You get the noble but relatively feeble boycott and he still shits it. And people still don’t stop and think.

Maybe I’m too wed to my gut principle of doing the little I can to not dance to the tune of billionaire bullies who think the sun shines out of they’re own arse and I’ll be damned if I pay them for the pleasure and if doing podcasts and going to the match with your pals still floats it fair play I guess but you’re a lunatic after all that to attend, piss and moan - record it all and hope to be taken seriously.

Guest The Little Waster

The boycott this season worked. Not in an I’m Spartacus way against Arsenal but by titration afterward. Justified and showed solidarity with everyone who has left an empty seat this season and the sentiment forced the fat cunts hand. It’s just a pity that so many are so short termist. If you get excited still by goals at SJP then I envy you and pity matters in equal measure. Ashley is immovable because he’s never been shown what could really be at stake. You get the noble but relatively feeble boycott and he still shits it. And people still don’t stop and think.

Maybe I’m too wed to my gut principle of doing the little I can to not dance to the tune of billionaire bullies who think the sun shines out of they’re own arse and I’ll be damned if I pay them for the pleasure and if doing podcasts and going to the match with your pals still floats it fair play I guess but you’re a lunatic after all that to attend, piss and moan - record it all and hope to be taken seriously.

👏👏👏👍

:lol: glad I stayed with my initial feelings about the trust, whats the point if they are still going to games. Ridiculous

My feelings exactly. Didn't trust them and feel vindicated.

Why can't any fans group have some fucking principles?

The new look Trust has turned out to be nothing more than an ego boosting old pals act, as many suspected.

They made loads of noise when wanting to take money off folk, many on lifetime memberships, got all the money in and have gone very quiet now, in fact silent.

All the usual suspects got in during the elections the other month and we've heard nothing since. Shame Heron didn't get in. That's who I voted for. We may well have had a bit more transparency then because all the old pals have taken their places, closed ranks and basically shut up shop.

Thankfully, because of my misgivings I took out a 1 year membership instead of the lifetime one they were plugging g so hard. No chance that's getting renewed.

Guest The Little Waster

The new look Trust has turned out to be nothing more than an ego boosting old pals act, as many suspected.

They made loads of noise when wanting to take money off folk, many on lifetime memberships, got all the money in and have gone very quiet now, in fact silent.

All the usual suspects got in during the elections the other month and we've heard nothing since. Shame Heron didn't get in. That's who I voted for. We may well have had a bit more transparency then because all the old pals have taken their places, closed ranks and basically shut up shop.

Thankfully, because of my misgivings I took out a 1 year membership instead of the lifetime one they were plugging g so hard. No chance that's getting renewed.

Its not who you vote for , its who counts the votes ...

Is this it, then? The closest thing to a significantly-numbered unified collective within the fanbase is going to stand against the idea of a boycott? Is that it decided; i.e. do the thoughts of Alex Hurst reflect the entire Trust? Where's it been decided, through what means? The August vote suggested that a boycott was very much supported by the wider Membership, so on what grounds is he binning it?

There's fuck all about the notion of protest - or indeed anything at all about those August polls - in the latest minutes from November. Do you have to have a Membership to have the privelege of a full understanding on the Trust's position, or does everyone have to listen to that 'Football Today' podcast?

This is in the Trust's community statement on their website:

"Our commitment to you... A club that says we can compete, we will compete, we don’t reward mediocrity, we strive for excellence and to be the best we can be in everything we do."

What is the Trust doing to help achieve this if it isn't boycotting (in spite of more than two thirds of the membership feeling that's the way to go)? Or does the Trust already feel that NUFC is achieving that standard? What, if anything, even was the point of those August polls? Why include a question about protest at all if it was never in the brochure?

Greg[/member] Heron[/member] can you elaborate on any of this?

Guest The Little Waster

Hurst more or less says on the podcast dont protest because it doesnt work , then contradicts himself by mentioning the 10 000 freebies due to fans boycotting , then  says its worth joining NUST because far off in the future ( in some distant galaxy ? ) fans might own a slice of the club ... all you have to do is hand over lots of your cash / pension / redundancy to NUST and they'll look after it till the time comes ... Aye n ave got a bridge to sell yis n aal .

Which in turn harms any future genuine efforts of others in the future.