Women's Football

I hate the comparison of women’s football to men’s. Why can’t we just be happy that theirs women out there playing football end enjoying it?

My sister constantly tells her daughters that they can do everything that they want in life and being a girl doesn’t exclude them. However one of them in particular believes this, until it comes to football. The reason being, football is male dominated and I guess I’m guilty as much as anyone, as anytime she see’s me and my stepdad watching the game, it’s always the men’s game. If she saw women playing it on TV more often and women playing it out in the real world, then she might change her mind on this. I’d love for her to believe that she could become a footballer if she wanted too, even if it’s not her desire, just for her to know that being a female isn’t a barrier for her.

Anyway, I think I’ve went off the point a bit. My point is that we should be focusing on helping women become the best footballers they can be and give them every opportunity they can to play the game. Instead people always get into a debate of how good them female teams are compared to the men’s whenever woman’s football comes up. We need to get past that.

If she actually likes football get her to go to http://www.thefa.com/womens-girls-football/get-involved/sse-wildcats You can type in your postcode and find your nearest girls football coaching center, thats what I did when my daughter asked to learn to play after watching a few Newcastle games on TV. It only costs £2 a session and they are set up to help girls overcome their premeditated thoughts on football. They get books, drinking cups, medals and all sorts to keep them interested at the start. My daughter is being coached by an Arsenal womens youth team player at the minute.   

Guest chopey

So it looks like Rapinoe was dropped to put an extra lass on Bronze, its working like a dream England are doing nowt.