Women's Football

Guest Yerdas El Savon

I see Hope Solo is one of the pundits on BBC 1.  Wasnt she one of the celebs who had their images hacked from her phone. 

Yep, also accused of DV against family members though that appears to have gone away.

I'll never forget her arsehole.

Isn't VAR supposed to be for "clear and obvious" decisions? That was so marginal it was unreal.

This offsides business is absolutely wank. No advantage gained whatsoever.

Guest Open_C

I've always been an advocate for VAR, but the more I see it in action, the more I hate it.

Aye :thup:

Think offsides are a bit different as you can actually verify them. There’s no debate to be had over them like there is some other things where the ‘clear and obvious’ rule is meant to apply.

I still don’t see how getting everything to the milimeter improves the game from a spectators point of view like.

I've always been an advocate for VAR, but the more I see it in action, the more I hate it.

Aye :thup:

I swear it wasn't this bad in the men's WC last year, it generally worked alright. The way it's applied now is getting fucking ridiculous.

Isn't VAR supposed to be for "clear and obvious" decisions? That was so marginal it was unreal.

It's the absolute pits, man. The aim is to score goals. This "if your bonce/heel/knee is off, you're off" unfairly favours defenders. You've completely lucked out if the attacker slips past you and there's no 'daylight'.

Guest poor

Correct call unfortunately.

VAR :clap:

With the right outcome yet again.

bet youre a right laugh at parties

Right call on VAR unfortunately. Two cynical yellows not given since.

Again, embarrassed I obviously haven't seen enough of the women's game in the last few years other than major tournaments. The quality of play is really impressive. The pace is unbelievable. Can't stand the state's but credit they are hugely talented.

If it’s offside, it’s offside, should there be an advantage? Would be like goal line technology just deciding it’s a goal if 90% of the ball crosses the line.