Alternatives to NUFC

Guest The Little Waster

What are people planning to do once the season starts, not follow the Premier League at all?

Think that's what I'll do but not sure how difficult it will be.

I'm not, i'm already avoiding football on tv now (best goals of a season etc) which i used to watch often, just makes me f***ing depressed now.

I may watch the Arsenal game for a laugh (the start anyway) and to see how many idiots turn up, but that'll be it.

Will be avoiding MOTD and any live games etc.

Guest covmag

What are people planning to do once the season starts, not follow the Premier League at all?

Been pondering this question today already, we will naturally glance at our score, sorry their score, the difference will be the fucks given.

I won’t watch any matches involving them, I’m planning on going racing most other Saturday etc , planning stuff while we are playing is key to getting it out ya system, I guess we will all still care in a way but that will fade even if by some miracle they start winning when the test really begins if you can 100% give them up.

The hate I feel is very raw but each day it’s fading into empathy, fuck them and it’s zombies.

I will be back one day.

I might just have a wank. It’s probably more productive.

Supporting 19 teams.

Valid :thup:

A brand new A-League club is being formed in my home town, starting in October. They have a few ex-Australia internationals and some hotshot kid from Holland. I'm abandoning my tepid support for Sydney FC and throwing myself into the green-and-black stripes (!) of Western United. Fuck the PL, fuck the Toon and hopefully hook into the A-League properly with my daughter.

Supporting 19 teams.

Valid :thup:

A brand new A-League club is being formed in my home town, starting in October. They have a few ex-Australia internationals and some hotshot kid from Holland. I'm abandoning my tepid support for Sydney FC and throwing myself into the green-and-black stripes (!) of Western United. Fuck the PL, fuck the Toon and hopefully hook into the A-League properly with my daughter.

Gotta be a story here about how a Melbourne person ended up choosing Sydney FC over the two existing Melbourne clubs.

I was born in NSW and relocated to Victoria before the A-League formed. I followed Sydney as a two fingered salute to all the Victorians I found myself drowning in. Hence the tepid support. Australian football is shite, but my daughter is nine and plays, so I thought I’d try the new club out. I can literally see the lights of the stadium they will use from my house.

Very boring really :milner:

I thought I'd psychologically disinvested once Rafa left, but the the official confirmation of Bruce has still managed to leave me nauseated.

Not sure I'll even be able to stomach taking an interest by willing/wishing the team to lose as in the Pardew/Mclaren days, don't know if that's more a reflection of the increased sense of futility of everything NUFC and a kind of fatigue following the club or just a recognition that my time could be better spent on other things.

Think the best way forward is to distance myself from football entirely, really.

I thought I'd psychologically disinvested once Rafa left, but the the official confirmation of Bruce has still managed to leave me nauseated.

Not sure I'll even be able to stomach taking an interest by willing/wishing the team to lose as in the Pardew/Mclaren days, don't know if that's more a reflection of the increased sense of futility of everything NUFC and a kind of fatigue following the club or just a recognition that my time could be better spent on other things.

Think the best way forward is to distance myself from football entirely, really.

I know what you mean. I won't watch it at all, rather than want them to lose as such. Better to cut off the whole thing.

I'll check for results now and then, see how bad the scorelines really get.

I live away from the north east but it'll be tough to escape NUFC because, by instinct, I'm on Twitter or this place.

No hobbies, no other sports, weekends are already boring and I'm desperate for any escapism from a shit job. Not sure how to do this :(

Follow football if you want, just a local team. I've been really enjoying trips to Bromley, they're even building a new stand. More ambition than NUFC.

I'd stopped posting until the Bruce rumours started up, probably will log out closer to the season starting.

Already switched off all my football apps and notifications etc.

I'll be going down the other sports route and just keeping an eye on the results. The main problem is I'll generally watch all sorts of football, so it'll be weird to cut all that out, but if I don't then I'll likely follow NUFC a bit more closely than I intended. But what a mess, the literal only good thing about the running of the club has been replaced with an absolute bang average journeyman, and just rubber stamps that 17th will always be a success under this regime. It really is grim.

Guest covmag

I'll be going down the other sports route and just keeping an eye on the results. The main problem is I'll generally watch all sorts of football, so it'll be weird to cut all that out, but if I don't then I'll likely follow NUFC a bit more closely than I intended. But what a mess, the literal only good thing about the running of the club has been replaced with an absolute bang average journeyman, and just rubber stamps that 17th will always be a success under this regime. It really is grim.

According to other teams fans they should be grateful of 17th.

I will try and use the term "they" as much as possible.