Alternatives to NUFC

Guest The Little Waster

I will carry on coaching my daughter but go to more of her clubs matches as her club has about 15 teams, all ages.

Well that lasted 24 hours, my 5 year old last night at bedtime "I`m giving up football now Rafa is not my boss" Luckily 5 year olds are resilient, she will be kicking a ball again after school.

Hope so. A sad story none the less. I'm even saddened by the prospect of my adult daughter (24) going to the games herself. Just something we've done together for the last 20 years. After 'crisis'  talks last night it seems she still wants to go and i don't. Awful that it's come to this.

Newcastle's Sister City - Atlanta - has a team that's cool and good and has a Pogba on it. Also

:bong:                                                                                                :bong:

k2xrd8k1wd731.jpg

:bong:                                                                                                :bong:

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any clubs you wish NUFC was run like?

Maybe good owners, likeable manager, long term project with ambition, but no sugar daddy. Good youth system - lots to look forward to, but maybe not "immediate" ?

Maybe good owners, likeable manager, long term project with ambition, but no sugar daddy. Good youth system - lots to look forward to, but maybe not "immediate" ?

:shifty:

Got into Rugby League a few years ago after they brought Magic Weekend up here and we've had season tickets at Newcastle Thunder for the past couple of seasons now, which we absolutely love and tbh I'm more into following them than NUFC these days. Only problem there is that RL is a summer sport running from the end of february through to the end of September so my winter spectating will be groundhopping between the local Northern League grounds, Heaton Stan, Whitley Bay etc. If I want to watch a higher standard with some atmosphere we'll jump in the car and head over to watch Carlisle. Done that loads of times and it's a really good day out. Lovely old fashioned ground.

Mentioned earlier in the thread living in Canada I've bought into following the new pro league there and have the one media app that streams the games. They just also added the Chinese league and Mexican league. So I'm going to pretend Rafa stayed and we just moved to the Chinese premier league with a new owner.

None in particular. Simply a one whose owners have the best interests of the club at heart and try to make the best of resources available to them.

Guest chopey

I think we need an alternative team to support during the troubles my vote goes to Pyramid FC from the Egyptian league.

Guest covmag

Just signed up to a annual membership at Warwick races, you get entry into loads of other tracks.my Saturdays are sorted.Cheaper and loads of fixtures.

Fuck Ashley.you have lost me.

Now that my wife has finished her teaching degree, the kids are old enough to entertain themselves, and the magnificent new Punch Bowl is set to reopen this week, it's going to be Saturday/Sunday afternoon sessions in the pub for me. Marvelous.

Will be up for any demos at SJP or in town though.

It’s opening already?! Good stuff.

Was f***ing rotten the last time I went in about 4 years ago

Aye, it's been taken over by the folk who own the Brandling Villa in South Gosforth. As local boozers go, it looks truly magnificent.