Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

if its someone who will operate beneath Cabbage, then its going to make no difference is it. And if its a DOF style position, unless their gonna instantly sack the useless cabbagey cunt then ts also gonna make no difference surely?

It’s likely completely untrue. Is football insider even a proper source? If it is true it’s seems a bit strange. Maybe this person is someone the buyers have chosen until deal is complete. A compromise?

Like I say tho probably bollocks

Probably bollocks but could see it happening.

Ashley won't need to sack Bruce which saves him money, new owners can get get somebody of their choosing and when they take over get rid themselves.

That's dependant on how confident/close a take over is (and all hope on my part)

I've always maintained that a lot of these PFMs would get on much better if they just hired at least one top coach who was a bit more of a modern thinker as far as football and tactics, and then the PFMs could just carry on with their MR. Motivator schtick, but they're too full of it to do so.

If this whole thing is true it will be very interesting to see what the position is and who the person coming in is too. Embarrassing that they have to coddle Bruce this way and bring in someone to make him look better, when they should really just sack him, but this is cheaper isn't it ... and so there you go.

What's worse than having one shit manager?

Looks like Ashley has the answer.

I remember Boro doing something similar by bringing in Venables to assist Robson when they went on a bad run.  Can anyone remember whether that was a success or not?