Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

From Rafa Benitez to Steve Bruce. It's fucking hilarious when you step back from it. :lol:

Can you think of a worse change in manager than that? Even Moyes was seen as having potential when he took over from Fergie.

The Times has already run a puff piece about Bruce. Is there any other club they would do this for? If any other club got rid of a manager of the caliber of Rafa and went and hired Steve Bruce as a replacement, would they bend over backwards to make it all seem rosy? We seem to have zero friends in the media, bar Shearer.

They aren't Newcastle supporters tbf. If a potentially big club makes disastrous appointments, that's less competition for the clubs they follow.

If it was Everton or Spurs appointing Bruce I'd probably have a giggle and write a patronising article about how lucky they were.

The sad thing about this is I actually  don't give one  fuck ... I've been following the club since 1999 I was 5 but it was 01/02 season  i was 7/8 when  i became full on obsessed... ever since the club has been  an enormous  part of my life ... a few years maybe even months ago the thought of Steve Bruce becoming  manager  would of made me furious.... but when I heard  the news  about  Bruce I actually  didn't feel anything  at all couldn't give an actual  fuck.... Rafa leaving has been the nail  in the coffin ....

Don't give a shit if this gets me banned. Anyone attending matches this season is a weapon's grade fuckwit who will deserve every bit of every embarrassing thrashing we'll get. Ashley has won.

More likely to get made admin than banned.

I'm done with Newcastle until Ashley sells whenever that may be. I had lost interest until Benitez became manager, but he gave the club a bit of a spark, however I'm not going back to the days of Pardew and McClaren with Bruce being made manager and wasting my weekends. The only reason to pay attention to the club at this stage is to laugh at how bad it is.

I will probably be called a glory hunter for this, but I think I might follow someone like Liverpool or Leicester when the season starts just to see what its like to follow clubs with some excitement around them. I will likely dedicate more time to supporting my rugby and GAA teams as well.

This is like a bad dream of David Lynch proportions. 

What we had.  We had Rafa and we were progressing nicely, injuries sorted, cracking defence, never getting thrashed and knowing we'd give every team a tough game with the forwards combination clicking and looking dangerous.  There was a plan, we were moving forward.

Fast forward a couple of months and now it's Steve fucking Bruce, Jack fucking Colback back.  It's unreal and a criminal waste of the last three years.  Soon as Rafa left i was out.  I wasn't even going to watch the matches on tv under this ownership. But now i will and I'll be actively urging Newcastle (not 'us' anymore) to lose every single game until the fat money grabbing (where has the money gone?) parasite is gone forever.  Never have i felt so low regarding football.  This is a team i have supported for 45 years since attending my first match aged 6 with my grandad.  This is not our Newcastle anymore, we all know there's no 'project' or ambition above finishing 17th every season, it's purely a money gaining,  asset stripping exercise.  No more.

There it is then.

Feel a bit sick. We had Rafa, talk of a takeover... and now this.

That was me yesterday when the Steve Bruce story first started getting real, I didn`t know whether to laugh like an insane person or be sick.

Guest chopey

What will he possibly say in his press conference when asked about transfers?

”I will sit down with Lee in the coming weeks and discuss potential targets” yada yada

Ryder will hound him like a rat up a drain................ Ergggg, nobody will ask will they.

Don't give a s*** if this gets me banned. Anyone attending matches this season is a weapon's grade fuckwit who will deserve every bit of every embarrassing thrashing we'll get. Ashley has won.

More likely to get made admin than banned.

:lol:

I doubt Bruce would come just for the money, he's already has enough money to never work again.

I actually believe he wants the job because of his connection to the city and area, and that has partially blinded him to what exactly he's walking into.

It's a shame as I've always thought he was a nice bloke, a bang average bottom 10 Prem/top 10 Championship manager. Which is exactly what we are as a club the way were run by fat arse.

I'm not going to have a go at Bruce for taking the job, taking Ashley's coin, Rafa did. It's just why would you with the mess that's here, but as i said he's blinded by his own love for the club imo.

Mind you that love for the club should really have him tell Ashley to go f*** himself, with what the c*** is doing to our club.

Then again it might that Bruce is just another dick, doubt it though.

Yeah, that all sounds about right. He understands, like Rafa, what the potential is. One trouble is that he used to be a bottom 10 Prem/Top 10 Championship manager, but with his aging and the influx of good coaches from abroad and young British coaches I'd say he's more of a bottom 15 Championship manager now.

You might well be right about that mate, as i think we're going see in the next few months.

The days of pfms like Allardyce and Bruce polluting the Premier League are nearly over although Ashley seems intent in bucking this trend. Most clubs except Newcastle want clubs want more modern and progressive ideas which can take the club forward instead of short term managers like Allardyce which are only good enough to survive relegation.

Bruce might have been good enough to manage in the Premier League 10 years ago when the league was littered with pfms, but his lack of ability as a manager will be badly exposed by the likes of Guardiola, Silva and Gracia.

I started watching a Sir Bobby Robson documentary earlier on YouTube... 😔

I was lucky enough to meet SBR and that team after this match

. I was looking through photo`s, signed shirts and reminiscing last night after stumbling across a Bramble short documentary on Twitter. Its like self harm.  I was Star Struck back then, now you would have to pay me to watch a match and meet the players after. 

What will he possibly say in his press conference when asked about transfers?

”I will sit down with Lee in the coming weeks and discuss potential targets” yada yada

Wonder what he'll say if anybody asks him about the players who are getting sold or shifted out while we are managerless such as Perez, Rondon and possibly Longstaff?

He's going to look like a right fanny trying to bluster his way through that.