Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

United? :lol:

By the way Bruce was a very good player, similar to Tony Adams in that he could play, but didn’t look like he could. Vastly underrated IMO and he’d have walked into our side in his prime in any of our better sides easily. He was a leader as well and tough to boot.

Said it before. Best English defender never capped. Just wish he had the comparable management skills.

"Longstaff very much reminds me of a Michael Carrick. I’m not aware that he’s going to United, I’m not aware of that at all."

Of course you're not aware you divvy, all the business is done over your head. :lol:

Kinda curious how the Rafa rejects turn out.

I would be interested to see Muto given a run, although can't really see Bruce fancying him any more than Rafa did due to him not being big or hard enough.

Shelvey will probably get a run, but I don't like him personally as he doesn't put enough work in for me. Central midfielders need mobility and a good engine, don't think him or Colback have ever had those qualities.

Guest Howaythetoon

Scored a few from headers iirc too.

Didn’t he get them the 155th minute winner against Sheff Wed that won them their first PL title?

One thing I’ll never forget about Bruce when he was a pundit for Sky sat with Grey and Keys during one of SKY’s live games featuring us was the way he talked about how small a club we were compared to Man Utd and that although they were his team’s main challengers, we were a Blackburn to them and not an Arsenal or a Liverpool. Fair enough, but no Geordie would ever downsize their club. I mean I hate the fucking club, but NUFC is and always will be the greatest and biggest club in the world to me. Other than that he was always keen even as a p,Ayer to profess how much he supported the club as a kid and how black and white daft his whole family were.

He’s a snake Bruce, but he’s an OK bloke from what I’ve learned, he’s nowhere near as snide as Pardew and Big Sam for example and as classless as many of his departures from one club to another have been, that’s not something I’d use against him. They are all loyal to themselves only, players, managers.

We’ve been blessed to have been managed by some rare breeds in Keegan, Sir Bobby, Hughton and Rafa who are loyal to the game more than anything in that they have their principles and try to always honour the game by doing their best at whatever club they are at, by the fans and of course their players and staff.

Bruce is no different to 99% of people in the game, if he can leave a club for a better job or get paid more elsewhere he will go and has no issues managing two rival clubs in his career.

If I cared what hurts the most about this whole appointment is we’ve went from Rafa to Bruce and as a manager or coach, he’s simply nowhere near good enough at this level and never will be.

As things stand though, he’s arguably Ashley’s most sensible appointment to date in terms of ticking a lot of boxes under this who; model/way of doing things and his own rule as owner. Rafa doesn’t count as he chose Ashley/the club.

Whatever KK’s appointment was it was a stupid one, Hughton wasn’t really an appointment, he was always a caretaker who once his uses were no longer important was of no use to Ashley and quickly peddled.

Pardew might have been the ultimate yes man and dogs body, but he was always going to one day take us down and a lot of players would eventually devalue or simply not progress under him as many did.

McClaren was a joke appointment, someone simply out of his depth who lacked the character, steel and toughness for this kind of job which is different than simply the job of being Newcastle’s manager or coach. You’re the manager of Ashley’s club, Ashley’s team, Ashley's business and making sure his way stays that way and goes to plan, whatever his plan may be.

So in that sense, Bruce makes sense.

It would be so ironic and bloody atypical if Bruce actually ended up being the one man who does well out of them all or out of all this and it wouldn’t surprise me if he surprised everyone next season. And by that I mean by not going down, by not overseeing a complete post Rafa apocalypse.

Really all he has to do is not get relegated to be a success for Ashley. Anything else for fans will be small crumbs, small mercies, a bonus.

That’s what we are now down to.

For Bruce I get why he has taken the job, and it will be an honour and a proud moment for him because it’s his home town team. But it’s a false sense of honour and pride which for you and me is meaningless and amounts to nothing more than token gestures. Rafa didn’t need to be a local lad to feel honoured to be our manager or be proud to manage NUFC, it’s an honour for people like him just being paid to manage, to teach, to work with a club which means so much to so many and to a city or town regardless.

It doesn’t mean more to Bruce because he’s a local lad, if anything it means less. NUFC meant so much to Rafa he couldn’t stand around any longer and turn a blind eye to what was going on, what kind of club he would be committing to by signing in rather than what kind of club he could help become if others committed to him which we as fans did and his players did.

It meant so much to him, he would rather not have the honour and prestige of being our manager because there is no honour or prestige being an Ashley yes man for Ashley FC.

Bruce in reality has no shame, no self respect and hasn’t signed up to manager his boyhood club, he’s signed up to manage its replacement which Ashley has knocked up in its place.

Any true self respecting person with morals, dignity, pride and a sense of honour would not want to be associated with anything that Mike Ashley also happens to be associated with in any capacity.

Players I can forgive, they don’t work for Mike Ashley, their loyalty is to themselves and their team-mates above all else, even the manager and fans.

The rest I can’t forgive so won’t even try. I can forget though and that’s what I’m doing/have done. I bear Bruce no ill will or anything, whether he does well or not, isn’t my concern any more. That went with Rafa. I did want him/anyone else and everything else including the club to crash and burn for a time, but a lot of people don’t deserve it even if they’ve sold their soul to the devil working for Ashley and playing for this team of his.

Their intentions and motivations, even if for selfish reasons, are at least honest and good intentioned unlike the owner and his other cronies employed to fuck over everyone, to their face, behind their back, from the off or all in good time as Bruce will no doubt find out.

Bruce will want to do a top job I’m sure, players will want to try and win and so on. Some for their own glory, that of the team, for the club, for the fans even. They care and if they don’t or stop caring, what should I, someone who no longer does myself, care?

Let them get on with it all. I no longer give a fuck.

But please don’t fucking whinge Steve, Jamal, Ritchie, new signing, season ticket holder, supporting media/pundits/ex players about anything when it all comes crashing down or goes a bit pear shaped because every single one of them from Bruce to the players to the fans who go know what they have signed up for and those that report on the club and watch from afar know the craic. They’ve had 12 fucking years of Mike Ashley FC and if the penny has t dropped by now, tough luck. You’ve all made your bed...

Same applies to myself of course, I have no right to piss and moan about anything because it’s non of my business really.

Bruce is one of those managers that like to blame everyone else but themselves when they get beat.  Likes to criticise the referee and the fans.  Got no time for managers who don't accept culpability for their shortcomings.

Bruce is one of those managers that like to blame everyone else but themselves when they get beat.  Likes to criticise the referee and the fans.  Got no time for managers who don't accept culpability for their shortcomings.

was it brummie that said that exact thing when bruce was first linked?

It was a bad thing to compare him to Carrick seeing as Man Utd are trying to recreate the past.

Could this be another Pardew/Carroll situation.  New manager with guarantees that a young player won't be sold only for him to go on the final data of the transfer window.

Mad to think that he has played less for us than Blackpool and Kilmarnock.

I see he's brought back the 'I've had a shitter' bib and the Chronicle are hailing him as the next coming of Christ.

What is this? 1995?

The local press seem over the moon that they're getting soundbites from the big nosed wanker. They're ALL on his side.

Rafa only dealt with the Times and serious journos, not the window licking wankers from NCJ.

Not quoting that post from HTT but he calls Bruce a snake then straight after an ok bloke.

The fuck.

I can sort of see where he's coming from. I don't think of him as a snake though, just a bit soft and not much of a manager. I couldn't stand Pardew because I thought he was a shite manager who thought he was good, with Bruce, I think he knows he's not that great so he's less offensive.

Not quoting that post from HTT but he calls Bruce a snake then straight after an ok bloke.

The f***.

I can sort of see where he's coming from. I don't think of him as a snake though, just a bit soft and not much of a manager. I couldn't stand Pardew because I thought he was a s**** manager who thought he was good, with Bruce, I think he knows he's not that great so he's less offensive.

What about the way he has treated Sheffield Wednesday?

I see he's brought back the 'I've had a shitter' bib and the Chronicle are hailing him as the next coming of Christ.

What is this? 1995?

The local press seem over the moon that they're getting soundbites from the big nosed w*****. They're ALL on his side.

Rafa only dealt with the Times and serious journos, not the window licking w*****s from NCJ.

That was just a comment piece stating it's something he's done at previous clubs.

"At one of his previous clubs, Bruce added an edge to five-a-side games when the winning team would choose the worst player from the losing team who had to bring a reward to the training ground a week later. If that was not bad enough, the same player had to then train in a bib that his team-mates had scribbled insults on. (CK)"

People on here sympathising with Bruce already, melts.

Are they? Where?

HTT and Tron, last page.

Hmm just had a read. Not quite fully sympathising but for HTT to call him a snake and then an okay bloke doesn't really make sense.

This is a bloke that has managed Birmingham City and Aston Villa, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Newcastle United.

He doesn't know the meaning of the word loyalty and is as selfish as they come. If anything the way he talks and handles himself in the media is far more disingenuous and snake like than Pardew as at least he came across slimy, arrogant and dishonest whereas Bruce clearly charms the media et al and has a lot of them in his pocket but is more than happy to screw anyone over behind their back.

People on here sympathising with Bruce already, melts.

Are they? Where?

HTT and Tron, last page.

Hmm just had a read. Not quite fully sympathising but for HTT to call him a snake and then an okay bloke doesn't really make sense.

This is a bloke that has managed Birmingham City and Aston Villa, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Newcastle United.

He doesn't know the meaning of the word loyalty and is as selfish as they come. If anything the way he talks and handles himself in the media is far more disingenuous and snake like than Pardew as at least he came across slimy, arrogant and dishonest whereas Bruce clearly charms the media et al and has a lot of them in his pocket but is more than happy to screw anyone over behind their back.

That's it, he talks in this soft geordie accent which can fool people into thinking he's an alright guy, but just look at how he acts, most recently towards Sheffield Wednesday, who looked after him during his struggles, he stabs them in the back, he really is Ashley's perfect manager.

The f***.

I can sort of see where he's coming from. I don't think of him as a snake though, just a bit soft and not much of a manager. I couldn't stand Pardew because I thought he was a s**** manager who thought he was good, with Bruce, I think he knows he's not that great so he's less offensive.

What about the way he has treated Sheffield Wednesday?

It was poor, but managers and players quite often ditch teams when a better job comes along.