Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Howaythetoon

I like both, far too nice for these cunts though and too foreign for the bating media. Done more than Big Sam, Moyes, Hughes et al combined, if only just in getting footballers to pass and move.

Guest poor

know a couple of evertonians who hold martinez in a similar regard to how many (correctly) view pardew here

I actually like Martinez. Did an amazing job at Wigan, tries to play good football. Went wrong at the end at Everton but I like him.

I like him too. Still such a young manager that I think should have learned and improved more over the last few years.

It will be very interesting to see what players we can get in midfield and upfront. That is really the key thing.

The defence is already sorted for him for the most part.

This is so depressing to read.

Why is anyone actually 'showing interest' in this process?

It doesn't matter . . . anyone who knows how to say "well we tried to stay up but we just couldn't quite manage it" will do.

It's all pointless, hopeless and a complete waste of time.

Guest poor

I think he’ll have learned from his experience in international football as well.

the last world cup showed that he probably hasnt. never had a plan b

know a couple of evertonians who hold martinez in a similar regard to how many (correctly) view pardew here

Can see that. I thought he was abysmal at Everton. Spent a ton of money and never got anywhere. Was more McLaren than Pardew I'd say but he certainly was defiant at the end when he had to go which was reminiscent of Pardew hanging on. I remember thinking we avoided the Martinez bullet at the time as he was linked to us prior to Everton.

Where he had most success he followed inferior coaches with neutral styles in Kenny jackett and Steve Bruce. He struggled with switching Everton from a fiercely drilled defensive side to the opposite and would have a similar problem here imo. Difference is while Everton fans worshipped moyes they also had no issue with the style.

If there was any element of Rafa's philosophy that could possibly grate on Newcastle fans it was the forced marriage of pragmatic and a sensible approach to tactics to the longing mentality of an all out free flowing attacking style many fans crave. Martinez would be seen as the latter but would likely soon find out, like rafa, you can't play that way with the players we have and be consistently successful. It's arguably a glass half full/empty and case of mentality if you have or can make confident players.

I actually like Martinez. Did an amazing job at Wigan, tries to play good football. Went wrong at the end at Everton but I like him.

I like him too. Still such a young manager that I think should have learned and improved more over the last few years.

It will be very interesting to see what players we can get in midfield and upfront. That is really the key thing.

The defence is already sorted for him for the most part.

This is so depressing to read.

Why is anyone actually 'showing interest' in this process?

It doesn't matter . . . anyone who knows how to say "well we tried to stay up but we just couldn't quite manage it" will do.

It's all pointless, hopeless and a complete waste of time.

You really need to grow up.

That's your point of view and that's fair enough. Stop trying to police other people.

If you can no longer stomach anything to do with the club then don't go on any forums.

The Rafa situation was incredibly unfortunate and painful, and in reality he should never have come to the club, because both he and MA had polar opposite views and ambitions. The whole thing was a disaster. Would have loved him to stay but it's over.

I don't care for MA at all in the slightest and pray he leaves soon, however, in the meantime I can't help but hope we somehow manage to get someone that can give us something worth enjoying. Someone that will be able to get something out of the younger players the owner prefers, as some decent ones have been brought to the club prior to Rafa, but with incapable managers.

I'm hopeful, but not expectant. Please learn to deal with it.

You really need to grow up.

That's your point of view and that's fair enough. Stop trying to police other people.

If you can no longer stomach anything to do with the club then don't go on any forums.

The Rafa situation was incredibly unfortunate and painful, and in reality he should never have come to the club, because both he and MA had polar opposite views and ambitions. The whole thing was a disaster. Would have loved him to stay but it's over.

I don't care for MA at all in the slightest and pray he leaves soon, however, in the meantime I can't help but hope we somehow manage to get someone that can give us something worth enjoying. Someone that will be able to get something out of the younger players the owner prefers, as some decent ones have been brought to the club prior to Rafa, but with incapable managers.

I'm hopeful, but not expectant. Please learn to deal with it.

what a knob :lol:

Wouldn't want Martinez at all.

With the alternatives we know are floating around at the moment, i'd snap your hand off for Martinez right now.

Martinez or Allardyce, Pardew, Monk, Hughes, Sherwood etc.?

Guest chopey

I detest Mike Ashley's version of NUFC and want nothing more but for it to end and I don't see how any fan can support it never mind enjoy it.

Football Manager says we'll get Eddie Howe, who will fail massively, to be replaced by De Boer who will get us promoted back to the Premier League and then leave us for Crystal Palace. We get Moore for a while, but he doesn't do too well before some Mexican manager comes in to try and get Newcastle promoted back to the Premier League again. 3 changes of ownerships during this time, but we did sign some amazing Brazilian that was then sold for £80m to Arsenal. 2024 looks like an exciting year for Arsenal.