Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Who'd have thought spending £40m on Rondon, new training facilities and securing a world class manager would have been the better choice over hiring "one of our own". What a bunch of fools we are.

Who'd have thought spending £40m on Rondon, new training facilities and securing a world class manager would have been the better choice over hiring "one of our own". What a bunch of fools we are.

£44m.

MA and LC sat around and said yaaa, if we give this team to Steve Bruce we will be fine. Rondon wants too much money js and is old, no way we can profit on his exit. Let’s throw a ton of money at a new striker. How many has he got last season? Oh wow, 11 in all comps. Yah I think he’s ready to lead the line for us. Let’s also cash in on Ayoze too and replace him with a winger who doesn’t score much either. Steve Bruce should manage these lads too.

It doesn't make any sense.  For the money we paid there must be bucketloads of actual 'likes scoring goals a lot' strikers we could have bought.  Even if we bought him to play in his best position off a main striker, why didn't we then buy a main striker?

The whole thing is just stupid.

He is not good enough or mobile enough to play of the main striker plus he doesn't seem to have any anticipation.  He is no good on the wing either for all of the aforesaid reasons.  If he did come with anything at all then Bruce will have it all rinsed away by now

MA and LC sat around and said yaaa, if we give this team to Steve Bruce we will be fine. Rondon wants too much money js and is old, no way we can profit on his exit. Let’s throw a ton of money at a new striker. How many has he got last season? Oh wow, 11 in all comps. Yah I think he’s ready to lead the line for us. Let’s also cash in on Ayoze too and replace him with a winger who doesn’t score much either. Steve Bruce should manage these lads too.

Poty for me

btw on those hayden quotes, there's some truth to that but it's not the whole truth - until near the turn of the year under rafa we launched balls up to rondon, he was very isolated and we struggled badly to score goals and get support to him

a change in CM and then almiron coming in in january made a massive difference, not just rondon's sudden ability to take down a 40 yard pass on his chest

btw on those hayden quotes, there's some truth to that but it's not the whole truth - until near the turn of the year under rafa we launched balls up to rondon, he was very isolated and we struggled badly to score goals and get support to him

a change in CM and then almiron coming in in january made a massive difference, not just rondon's sudden ability to take down a 40 yard pass on his chest

To be fair, Rondon wasn't just a big target man, he scored goals, and could hit the ball pretty hard. He was a real threat from set pieces both taking free kicks and being on the end of them. He's a pretty big miss, along with Perez. If you are Hayden or any other player relying on your front man, you are going to miss that.

for sure, but lets not pretend we played the same way and rondon just was suddenly able to control passes he previously couldn't

we played higher up the pitch and supported him better, but you know this

Rafa insisted on buying players suited to how he wanted to play, so he took full responsibility for both the style of play and the results. The problem with Bruce is, he isn't taking any responsibility at all. Not for style of play, not for signings, not for results. If we lose it's because the players aren't good enough, but he won't come out and say why he didn't insist on signing players like Rondon.

Guest Howaythetoon

Must have missed this

Just as well Hayden because we don’t have the midfielders to get up and join in so far up the field anyway in yourself and the equally ponderous Shelvey.

As awful as our striking options are, we are even worse in midfield especially centrally. Almiron isn’t a winger and nor is the French fella either, for me they are wide forwards.

I'm really struggling to remember the last time we really played well, the whole game? Not results wise there have been a few good results, just not down to good football?

West Ham for 70 minutes is about the longest spell we’ve managed to play well for this season but that’s about it.

Rafa’s last game at Fulham was the last time we were good from start to finish.

This has been a standard Bruce season. Good start, load of injuries leading to downturn in form, underwhelming January, now the fallout with a key player, who will be replaced by a British player who works harder but has a fraction of the talent (Tom Cleverley or Robbie Brady, come on down).

All that's needed now is the disappointing cup exit and the slight upturn in form at the end of the season. He'll probably either emulate Rafa's best season or do slightly better, which he'll never shut up about

Strange how all these stories that were getting thrown about earlier in the season around how all the players liked bruce etc and training was a hoot have now died away.

Can't wait for the 'truth' to come out the worse things get or the nearer the end of the season it gets.  Those out of contract or ones getting dicked about like the Longstaff brothers will have shit to say.

on a side note.... this guy is really starting to do my head in.  Fucking fraud of manager and shit-stain of a human being.  No-one is keeping Rafa's name more alive than he is with his constant references to last year.  Everything he does is self-serving.  Gives it all "I deserve respect", "over 300 games" bullshit and does stuff not even a first year rookie manager would do.

If Rafa was given the roughly 60M to sign who he wanted it would have included Rondon (staying), and a handful of additions and maybe a few loans.

We'd be on a minimum of 40 points right now, which is good for 8th place. We'd have seen a very strong team carrying on from the end of last season's form - the place buzzing - the cup run likely would have happened too - and we'd be starting at the 10 or so matches to go thinking ... bloody 4th place is on 45 points right now. We've got a real chance to quality for Champions league at best or Europa at worst. There is real sign of progress and kicking on.

BUT NOPE.

"I'ts never enough with Rafa" said MA and he basically went nuclear option on Rafa for not signing off on this weird Joelinton deal, for wanting Rondon signed - the club's best player last season and wanting to raise the wage structure.

Insane. Just purely insane.

So, post nuclear option he gets turned down by Arteta and probably Viera, and decides - lets just give this team and a 40m striker to Steve Bruce. A man with a glittering resume of absolute fuck all as a manager in the PL. And given the club know so much about it's own people, hire this fake Geordie who none of us actually really ever liked - who managed Sunderland and didn't give a single fuck about us in his time.

If Rafa was given the roughly 60M to sign who he wanted it would have included Rondon (staying), and a handful of additions and maybe a few loans.

We'd be on a minimum of 40 points right now, which is good for 8th place. We'd have seen a very strong team carrying on from the end of last season's form - the place buzzing - the cup run likely would have happened too - and we'd be starting at the 10 or so matches to go thinking ... bloody 4th place is on 45 points right now. We've got a real chance to quality for Champions league at best or Europa at worst. There is real sign of progress and kicking on.

BUT NOPE.

"I'ts never enough with Rafa" said MA and he basically went nuclear option on Rafa for not signing off on this weird Joelinton deal, for wanting Rondon signed - the club's best player last season and wanting to raise the wage structure.

So, post nuclear option he gets turned down by Arteta and probably Viera, and decides - lets just give this team and a 40m striker to Steve Bruce. A man with a glittering resume of absolute fuck all as a manager in the PL. And given the club know so much about it's own people, hire this fake Geordie who none of us actually really ever liked - who managed Sunderland and didn't give a single fuck about us in his time.

Absolutely spot on.

BUT NOPE.

I am absolutely certain that Rafa would have put a team out to defeat Rochdale and Oxford.  I personally think we would probably be on maybe 5 points more.  I just wish this Ashley/Bruce saga would blow up and die.  Let's start again!

Hayden yesterday, ASM today.

hopefully this is the beginning of the end.

Nah, keep Bruce in the job.

The more long term damage he does to the club and squad, the better. I want him to make it really difficult for us to recover from his tenure.

Hayden yesterday, ASM today.

hopefully this is the beginning of the end.

Nah, keep Bruce in the job.

The more long term damage he does to the club and squad, the better. I want him to make it really difficult for us to recover from his tenure.

Not just that but for the most part he's driving more fans (customers) away and fans are finding common ground for the first time in years.