Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Tried to articulate some sense in the absolute horse shit spouted by Jim Shite on Talkshit this morning.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1593766800/1593770400/

I’m on with about 6 mins left.

I hope you were one of the first two callers near the end  :clap:, and not the last caller 'johnny' who wanted Bruce to be given a chance after the takeover, and that we weren't sure about him taking the job because of 'the sunderland thing'  :rolleyes:.

Tried to articulate some sense in the absolute horse shit spouted by Jim Shite on Talkshit this morning.

I hope you were one of the first two callers near the end  :clap:, and not the last caller 'johnny' who wanted Bruce to be given a chance after the takeover, and that we weren't sure about him taking the job because of 'the sunderland thing'  :rolleyes:.

I was indeed!

Jim Shite gutted when the two fella's in a row called in to fuck SB off down the road ahead of next season :lol:.

He obviously had the last bloke lined up to end on a positive to reinforce his own view.

Were you the first caller or the second one ( that wanted Bruce out)? The first one was obviously a geordie and he got his point across very welll, but the last one before Johnny sounded like a professional pundit, except miles better than what you usually hear.

Were you the first caller or the second one ( that wanted Bruce out)? The first one was obviously a geordie and he got his point across very welll, but the last one before Johnny sounded like a professional pundit, except miles better than what you usually hear.

I was indeed the second one mate, cheers!

Southern wanker that I am.

New to posting here but found it interesting how views on Bruce differ across different online forums etc. Personally I'm not a fan and nor am I prepared to be fooled by a string of good results (and at times performances for that matter) when his track record shows his limitations. Having said that, I also don't really think he's despicable either if you can leave aside the classless way he left Sheffield Wednesday, but ultimately it didn't really affect me and I can understand why he and I'm sure other managers would do likewise, so I'm not overly angered by that.

I think he generally comes across well in interviews even if I don't agree with him; certainly don't think he says anything disgraceful. I don't mind him hitting back at the initial reaction to him when he's getting decent enough results and I don't mind him reacting angrily to the Daily Mail over false rumours about his relationship with ASM etc. It's also fair enough people praise him at least now as I actually feel he's generally been getting things right since he changed the formation just before lockdown to suit his tactics (guess we'll see long-term to what extent he has them, if he stays). Whereas it frustrated me months ago because we were overly reliant on luck and Dubraka's heroics, I don't have many complaints currently.

That doesn't mean I think he will keep the good form going long-term as history has shown his limitations. Unless he does something miraculous in the last few games, I won't feel too sorry for him if the new owners replace him with a far more successful manager (who I don't think should be Rafa on that note). If he's going to leave Wednesday how he did, then he can't have too many complaints. However, personally I wouldn't have much animosity and would wish him well. He's managed a team that is comfortably safe now I think in part as the players are playing for him, so fair play.

He’s just deeply average and sums up how deeply average we are.

He's not average. He's got the worst PL win % in history, he's won nothing. He's shocking but has the odd purple patch here and there. Considering his whole managerial career he's well, well below average.

Guest neesy111

He's not average. He's got the worst PL win % in history, he's won nothing. He's shocking but has the odd purple patch here and there. Considering his whole managerial career he's well, well below average.

This.

The stat I read is he has the second worst number of points from managers who have managed over 250 matches.

Regardless, that doesn't say a lot. There can't be many managers who are worse than 'average' to manage that many matches imo and he's never managed great sides - perhaps that's because the better clubs have realised he isn't better than average, but it's still a flawed way to judge him. I'd say average is about right - he isn't good, but there have been a heck of a lot worse that I'm sure players he's managed would agree to.

Guest Butcher

1998–1999 Sheffield United

1999–2000 Huddersfield Town

2001         Wigan Athletic

2001         Crystal Palace

2001–2007 Birmingham City

2007–2009 Wigan Athletic

2009–2011 Sunderland

2012–2016 Hull City

2016–2018 Aston Villa

2019         Sheffield Wednesday

2019–         Newcastle United

Not many managers would get a high win percentage managing these clubs tbh.  :lol:

2007–2009 Wigan Athletic

2009–2011 Sunderland

2012–2016 Hull City

2016–2018 Aston Villa

Not many managers would get a high win percentage managing these clubs tbh.  :lol:

It’s almost as his managerial record reflects the jobs he’s got.

Also if he wasn’t an ex pro he wouldn’t even be able to manage those clubs.

Guest Butcher

Not sure what your point is regarding ex pros. Most managers are ex pros.

Plenty of managers have walked into good jobs without having a good record to show for.

2007–2009 Wigan Athletic

2009–2011 Sunderland

2012–2016 Hull City

2016–2018 Aston Villa

It's every club's fault that he's never been successful?

2007–2009 Wigan Athletic

2009–2011 Sunderland

2012–2016 Hull City

2016–2018 Aston Villa

There is a reason why he has been at poor clubs you know.  I can't see any decent Premier club coming in for him and there is a reason for that also.  Basically he's poor at his job.

To be fair I can’t speak for early in his career, but he doesn’t have a terrible record at any of those clubs surely. I think he did well at Birmingham City. He’s probably for what it’s worth a decent ‘man manager’, but his tactical limitations won’t get him anywhere long-term. He shouldn’t be our manager long-term, but he’s not done anything despicable and I don’t want him to ‘f*** off’ - just get replaced with Poch tbh.