Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

If you're giving Bruce any credit whatsoever for Chelsea, you're degrading your own argument. Beating the Blues was the greatest injustice I've seen on a football pitch.

It's like saying Homer Simpson is a great boxer in S08E03.

:lol: What argument? There's no discussion. I simply remain bewildered as to why you get angry over people's dislike of someone you accept is shit, simply because he's done 'okay'.

Quite honestly, I don't even recall you engaging with me until now. I pop in now and then with a dickish comment that usually gets ignored. :dontknow:

god damnit

Why are you angry that we're on 43 points in 33 games?

How do you enjoy asking these questions over and over again?

I'm not angry. I'm quite definitively non-plussed over this whole season, mainly over my disillusionment thanks primarily to Ashley. Am I not allowed to continue disliking Steve Bruce as much for his personality as his management ability?

Funnily enough I feel like the only time I posted more than an off the cuff snarky comment that explained a lot of people's dislike of Bruce is clearly about more than just whatever points total we get this year, it was one of those times I didn't see you engage at all. But obviously you couldn't just ask me 'but is he doing okay?' in response.

I showed my (non toon fan) friend this thread earlier today.

He was embarassed at the comments.

"Why do they hate him so much? I just don't get it."

No Daniel, I don't either. It's a very negative messageboard. Not just on Steve Bruce, but most of the players tbf.

Very negative, very snide. That's NO Online.

It's nowt really to do with Bruce hate, Yes he managed the Mackems, and yes his managerial record is wank, But its what's gone on here in the Ashley era, and whoever followed Rafa wasn't going to get the respect.

But with Bruce if he was any kind of Newcastle fan which he isn't any kind of Geordie that he might like to pretend to be at times, he would have steered clear of working under this regime, most of us thought we'd turned the corner with Rafa, but it was more piss poor treatment, like Keegan and Houghton before hand.

With Bruce I'm glad he's proving the doubters wrong, I'm glad the club are doing well and players may be happy? But I don't suppose I'd be bothered if Bruce was sacked tomorrow or even if the new owners don't want him.

I cant deny hes done ok, but I genuinely think any of the current PL managers would have done equally as good if not slightly better, and we have had some lucky moments this season.

Dont hate him, but I didn't want him as manager to start with and if we get taken over I'd hope he's replaced immediately.

But as things stand I hope he does the best he possibly can.

👍🏻

Of course it is.  :lol: :lol:

A lot of posters just simply HATE HIM on this board. It's weird. It's strange. But that's how they feel.

You're the only person saying this, over and over and over. Saying something enough doesn't make it fact. Obviously putting it all in capitals helps, but still.

Apart from the fact that you were a massive Pardew fan, and you absolutely LOVED him. Oh, and you want Ashley to stay. Remember that. You've been stating that for years.

:lol: What argument? There's no discussion. I simply remain bewildered as to why you get angry over people's dislike of someone you accept is shit, simply because he's done 'okay'.

Quite honestly, I don't even recall you engaging with me until now. I pop in now and then with a dickish comment that usually gets ignored. :dontknow:

god damnit

Why are you angry that we're on 43 points in 33 games?

How do you enjoy asking these questions over and over again?

I'm not angry. I'm quite definitively non-plussed over this whole season, mainly over my disillusionment thanks primarily to Ashley. Am I not allowed to continue disliking Steve Bruce as much for his personality as his management ability?

Funnily enough I feel like the only time I posted more than an off the cuff snarky comment that explained a lot of people's dislike of Bruce is clearly about more than just whatever points total we get this year, it was one of those times I didn't see you engage at all. But obviously you couldn't just ask me 'but is he doing okay?' in response.

I showed my (non toon fan) friend this thread earlier today.

He was embarassed at the comments.

"Why do they hate him so much? I just don't get it."

No Daniel, I don't either. It's a very negative messageboard. Not just on Steve Bruce, but most of the players tbf.

Very negative, very snide. That's NO Online.

It's nowt really to do with Bruce hate, Yes he managed the Mackems, and yes his managerial record is wank, But its what's gone on here in the Ashley era, and whoever followed Rafa wasn't going to get the respect.

But with Bruce if he was any kind of Newcastle fan which he isn't any kind of Geordie that he might like to pretend to be at times, he would have steered clear of working under this regime, most of us thought we'd turned the corner with Rafa, but it was more piss poor treatment, like Keegan and Houghton before hand.

With Bruce I'm glad he's proving the doubters wrong, I'm glad the club are doing well and players may be happy? But I don't suppose I'd be bothered if Bruce was sacked tomorrow or even if the new owners don't want him.

I cant deny hes done ok, but I genuinely think any of the current PL managers would have done equally as good if not slightly better, and we have had some lucky moments this season.

Dont hate him, but I didn't want him as manager to start with and if we get taken over I'd hope he's replaced immediately.

But as things stand I hope he does the best he possibly can.

👍🏻

Of course it is.  :lol: :lol:

A lot of posters just simply HATE HIM on this board. It's weird. It's strange. But that's how they feel.

:lol: So gutted I went with a shit meme instead of engaging like an adult. Means I missed out on such a reasoned response as this.

Such an impassioned defense of him. Admirable if a little difficult to understand.

For me it feels like another 'unsustainable' season that will balance out whenever the next one starts.

10 points dropped at home against Norwich, Villa, Watford, West Ham and Brighton is very poor

How about beating Spurs away? How about beating Man United at home? How about beating Chelsea at home? How about doing the double over Sheffield United without conceding? How about doing the double over Southampton? How about doing the double over Bournemouth? How about 3 home losses this season in 17 games? Is that VERY POOR?  :drool:

Alex Bruce has logged back on it seems

Why even quote my post if you are not even going to bother to engage with it in a meaningful way? You don’t even address the point I’m making and then you hysterically hurry your way through a whatabout tour of Bruce’s achievements  :lol:

We have lost THREE games at home.  :lol: :lol:

And you're moaning about home form. Incredible.  ???

We’ve dropped TEN points at home to relegation-threatened sides in the league

That was the only point I was making, however way you want to spin it, it’s poor. Fans at other clubs would be looking back at saying the same if they had the same record.

Again, you’ve not engaged with the point I’m actually making, third time’s a charm?

Of course I’m being selective, because my post was solely our record about the bottom 6 clubs you complete idiot :lol:

Failing to beat 5 of the bottom 6 at home is very poor, even if it has been masked by some very fortunate results against other teams. Hope that helps. :thup:

This  :thup:

Such an impassioned defense of him. Admirable if a little difficult to understand.

For me it feels like another 'unsustainable' season that will balance out whenever the next one starts.

He LOVED Pardew too remember.

Failing to beat 5 of the bottom 6 at home is very poor, even if it has been masked by some very fortunate results against other teams. Hope that helps. :thup:

But again you're being selective. Beating Chelsea at home. Great. Beating Man Utd at home. Great. Drawing with City. Great. Only losing 3 games at home. Great.

Take the loss and go to bed. Night.  :rolleyes:

despite my personal feelings about bruce, which have softened somewhat over the season, what many of us said was that his football was and is unsustainable as evidenced by those ludicrous stats we saw earlier in the season

if you can't see a problem with a breadline team like us not beating the shit at the bottom but getting shock results against the richer teams to survive then not sure anyone is going to be able to help you

by common consensus it's been a terrible season for the usual suspects at the top of the table, and we've got a number of results we're very unlikely to repeat next season if he's still about

also look at this "great restart" we've had, unless ASM is ripping teams up to fuck on his own or they're getting themselves sent off or gifting us goals we're just not winning them...bruce hasn't improved the system, he's just given them more freedom and that's going to result in more erratic results long term imo

Samptime paying the old Luke Edward's womanchester card there.

How pathetic that someone uses their child, who they have influence over, as some sort of arbiter.

Guest dabe

Showed a friend who doesn't exist this forum earlier, they said we're all very reasonable and above board about Bruce as he's fluked his way to a decent season (still bottom half), appreciated the calmness in our assessments and he also said this samptime is a knacker.

I said, yes made up bollocks person, yes he is. Y SO ANGRY?

Ok to summarise fairly...he's not a very good Premier League Manager. Players like him because he's a good 'people person'. He'll happily walk out on a club for a better opportunity regardless of local loyalties.

Best thing I can say about him is that he has the self awareness to  recognise that he's on the PFM gravy train, and is happy to stay on it as long as the pay goes in at the end of the month.

If Gateshead suddenly became wealthy (ish) and offered him 5K more a week I'd fully expect to see him rocking up at the International Stadium claiming it was his 'boyhood club'

My disdain for Bruce has reduced somewhat since the restart (not that I'll ever rate him or feel any affection for him). When he goes I'll simply be saying goodbye and closing the door, rather than kicking him on the way out whilst sticking my fingers up. I could maybe even relent to the point of agreeing that he's done 'okay,' or at least say he hasn't done a bad job. A bad job would've been a relegation battle, and we've been clear of that for months and months.

Spurs, Chelsea, the Sheffield Uniteds and Bournemouth have been the especially remarkable games this season imo (for one reason or another, be it result/performance/result-and-performance). Maybe Man City as well, but they've been extremely beatable this season - as the likes of even Norwich have shown.

The other wins are par for the course for any other mid-table/lower-mid-table side, tbh. Man Utd were absolutely terrible and arguably the worst team I've seen us face all year.

And for every remarkably positive game there's been at least one remarkably negative one, too. The Leicesters, Norwichs, Villas, Burnleys, and some others (ManU away/ManC in the cup): all varying shades of dismal to unacceptable.

Showed a friend who doesn't exist this forum earlier, they said we're all very reasonable and above board about Bruce as he's fluked his way to a decent season (still bottom half), appreciated the calmness in our assessments and he also said this samptime is a knacker.

I said, yes made up bollocks person, yes he is. Y SO ANGRY?

I love this!

But again you're being selective. Beating Chelsea at home. Great. Beating Man Utd at home. Great. Drawing with City. Great. Only losing 3 games at home. Great.

Take the loss and go to bed. Night.  :rolleyes:

'The loss', aye right. :lol: :lol:

Despite myself, I don't hate him as much as I did when he arrived. He hasn't embarrassed us quite as much as I expected.

Like I said, it doesn't matter either way. If the takeover doesn't happen it's over anyway, if it does then he's gone.

I'll start to change my opinion when I see what effort he's making to make us a better football club.

Genuine question : has he ever talked about the training facilities and what he's planning to try to improve them for the players ?

I don't hate him at all. I just don't want him as our manager. He shouldn't be anywhere near this football club. That's not his fault though.

I'd be more than happy for him to get another job, preferably in the premier league so we can play him next season.

I don't hate him at all. I just don't want him as our manager. He shouldn't be anywhere near this football club. That's not his fault though.

I'd be more than happy for him to get another job, preferably in the premier league so we can play him next season.

Thats a nice way of putting it.

Oh I hate him. I think he’s a snake, with no loyalty and a poor Premier League manager who should be nowhere near this club. The last 15 minutes yesterday summed him up perfectly. Instead of going all out for the 3 points which would have put us within a win of the top 8, he settled for a draw so he was one point closer to beating last season’s tally which seems his be all and end all. Whether we drew or lost yesterday would have made no difference to our season. A win could have given us something meaningful to play for in the run-in. He proved he didn’t care about that. Can’t wait until he’s fucks off.

It’s what he represents. He’s Ashley’s man no matter what is said and it’s time to twist. If that’s difficult to comprehend I don’t think you’re all that arsed about Ashley.

Agree entirely with that.

Despite myself, I don't hate him as much as I did when he arrived. He hasn't embarrassed us quite as much as I expected.

Like I said, it doesn't matter either way. If the takeover doesn't happen it's over anyway, if it does then he's gone.

Sitting bottom of the pile for goals, shots, shots converted, possession, shots faced, passes in final third, chances, and touches in opposition box is pretty embarrassing mind. Some good (lucky?) results seem to gloss over this.

Sitting bottom of the pile for goals, shots, shots converted, possession, shots faced, passes in final third, chances, and touches in opposition box is pretty embarrassing mind. Some good (lucky?) results seem to gloss over this.

Samptime's pure focus in football is the league table. He doesn't care about entertainment, ability etc, it's all about being safe from relegation. You're fighting a losing battle trying to convince the angry man otherwise.

Oh I hate him. I think he’s a snake, with no loyalty and a poor Premier League manager who should be nowhere near this club. The last 15 minutes yesterday summed him up perfectly. Instead of going all out for the 3 points which would have put us within a win of the top 8, he settled for a draw so he was one point closer to beating last season’s tally which seems his be all and end all. Whether we drew or lost yesterday would have made no difference to our season. A win could have given us something meaningful to play for in the run-in. He proved he didn’t care about that. Can’t wait until he’s fucks off.

Aye, they were there for the taking. Although a lot of the player looked gassed I reckon - ASM especially. Could/should have brought Lazaro on earlier. And even Ritchie.