Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

The media: Steve Bruce has been great this season.

Also the media: Why does nobody give Steve Bruce credit?

Basically what they are asking is, why dont the fans agree with them?

FWIW, Bruce has had a decent season. Sadly though our ambition is to stay in this league, so it's not a high bar.

It's another case of pundits occasionally glancing at results, league tables and transfers, and thinking they know better than people who watch every minute of every game and follow every development at the club.  And the usual bias towards anyone British.  The arrogance of it is pathetic tbh.

Guest neesy111

The one comment that irked me was Bruce having to unpack our defensive setup under Rafa.  We won 0-4 at Fulham in Rafa's final game and ran Liverpool all the way in his final home game.

The media: Steve Bruce has been great this season.

Also the media: Why does nobody give Steve Bruce credit?

Basically what they are asking is, why dont the fans agree with them?

FWIW, Bruce has had a decent season. Sadly though our ambition is to stay in this league, so it's not a high bar.

It's another case of pundits occasionally glancing at results, league tables and transfers, and thinking they know better than people who watch every minute of every game and follow every development at the club.  And the usual bias towards anyone British.  The arrogance of it is pathetic tbh.

And the majority of their audience are the same, in regards to clubs other than their own. They'll read something about another club, check the tables/stats, and agree with the reporter/pundit. Reporter gets a good [lazily built] reputation.

On-screen pundits have the added benefit of  displaying the table/stats simultaneously.

I decided during the Pardew reign never to tell a fan of another club about their own side/manager, provided they weren't a complete moron.

When other fans, and even some of our own, were telling us Pardew was doing a good job, that was it for me. He then moved on to Palace and West Brom where both then understood what we had been telling them all along.

For example, Liverpool fans tell us Jordan Henderson is excellent. My instinct is to say "na hes pretty average", but given that they have won the league and they watch him every game, they are in a better position to judge than me.

That's what is happening with Bruce right now. I've watched him and I know where about he ranks in the managerial pyramid (somewhere above Pardew but well below Rafa), but just like with Pardew and Big Sam before him, other people know better. Little old Newcastle should know when they have a good thing. They should be happy to survive. They should be happy to exist.

No thanks, I'd rather hang onto the unrealistic but romantic idea of ambition and of trying to be the very best.

Ultimately I think Steve Bruce could have us in or about the top 4/6 if he was given a massive amount to spend. Mark Hughes did it. But I also think he would come up short in the same manner when it came to winning trophies, but that’s just my opinion, I haven’t a clue how well he could do.

Any manager is only ever a couple of signings or a couple of sales away from being brilliant or total dogshit.

Take Ole for example. Ridiculed for much of the season. Did a shrewd bit of business in Bruno Fernandez and suddenly that conversation is a thing of the past.

With NUFC, throw in a decent striker, a proper holding midfielder and a playmaker as well as a new left and right back and things could suddenly start looking very different.

Case in point.

One of Klopp’s first Liverpool XI.. how far do you think he could have pushed this lot? Top 8 maybe? If that’s all Liverpool ever allowed him to use, would that have made him a shit manager at PL level?

zioyd46nh5321.png

Bruce would never have us top 6 even if he was given a blank chequebook.

I disagree money speaks volumes

How much have Everton spent over the last few seasons, or to a lesser extent West Ham?

Spending money is all well and good providing you're not signing duds (obviously) and you have a good manager to coach them.

How'd he get on in the Championship a couple of seasons ago when Villa spent a lot of money ?

How'd he get on in the Championship a couple of seasons ago when Villa spent a lot of money ?

£12m for Scott Hogan!

Ultimately I think Steve Bruce could have us in or about the top 4/6 if he was given a massive amount to spend. Mark Hughes did it. But I also think he would come up short in the same manner when it came to winning trophies, but that’s just my opinion, I haven’t a clue how well he could do.

Any manager is only ever a couple of signings or a couple of sales away from being brilliant or total dogshit.

Take Ole for example. Ridiculed for much of the season. Did a shrewd bit of business in Bruno Fernandez and suddenly that conversation is a thing of the past.

With NUFC, throw in a decent striker, a proper holding midfielder and a playmaker as well as a new left and right back and things could suddenly start looking very different.

Case in point.

One of Klopp’s first Liverpool XI.. how far do you think he could have pushed this lot? Top 8 maybe? If that’s all Liverpool ever allowed him to use, would that have made him a shit manager at PL level?

zioyd46nh5321.png

I'd never heard of Randall before this post. Cheers.

Guest Butcher

:lol:

f***ing hell, Ashley isn't even the biggest problem. It's our own f***ing fans man.

Class :anguish:

Without being arsed to look up Steve Bruce's PL manager history, could this be his highest league finish with a club?

10th with Sunderland IIRC with Benty, Gyany and Welbecky.