Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Haggling over compo for Steve Bruce after binning Rafa Benitez. This is peak Ashley logic and footballing knowledge.

We deserve to go down in flames and I genuinely hope we do.

I think staying in the Championship for a few years or lower is what is going to take for Ashley to sell. I know its been said a billion times, but being in the Premier League isn't making it any easier for Ashley to sell the club. Look what has happened to Leicester, Villa and Wolves after years in the Championship or getting relegated to League 1 their fans are much happier now.

Remember after the accounts were released after promotion and the club basically said it would be fucked finacially if Newcastle didn't get promoted or stayed a few years in the Championship. Well lets see how the club does under Ashley with no Premier League money to rely on. People will say he will just spend just enough to get out of the Championship or loan the club money to compensate for it, but its much tougher now to get out of the Championship.

If he was ever going to sell, it’d be now. He’d get £399-359m. If we go down and stay down, he’ll get a fraction of that.

Assuming the TV money levels off (surely it has to?) the club will literally never be more valuable - under his stewardship - than it was a month ago. If he's still here in the second week of August then you really have to worry about whether or not he'll ever go.

His CV is totally unimpressive and he's stunk the place out at least two clubs, but I honestly can't understand why a man like him would even want to come here and work under Ashley. He has a solid enough reputation and has proven himself as a competent manager, plus he's still essentially in his prime at age 58. He's at a big club already, with an opportunity to build something... and he'd trade that for volunteering as Ashley's patsy, with absolutely no role other than to be the face of a pretend football club? Why? ???

If he - or any manager with some kind of pedigree - accepts the job, you'd have to assume they were being paid way beyond what they're likely to get elsewhere. They'd then be, by default, essentially just another Pardew in that sense. Complicit, grateful and rubbish.

Ah, life is good.

Easy, he’s a boyhood Newcastle fan. This is his dream job, he’s used to working with his hands tied and sub-par players. Working with Ashley won’t be much of a different position that he’s had elsewhere.

Just the thought of Bruce as manager is so boring and painful. Compared to Rafa it's...?

...never mind.

Anyone who knows what kind of formation Bruce usually like to play?

Christmas Tree all out attack

Haggling over compo for Steve Bruce after binning Rafa Benitez. This is peak Ashley logic and footballing knowledge.

We deserve to go down in flames and I genuinely hope we do.

I think staying in the Championship for a few years or lower is what is going to take for Ashley to sell. I know its been said a billion times, but being in the Premier League isn't making it any easier for Ashley to sell the club. Look what has happened to Leicester, Villa and Wolves after years in the Championship or getting relegated to League 1 their fans are much happier now.

Remember after the accounts were released after promotion and the club basically said it would be f***ed finacially if Newcastle didn't get promoted or stayed a few years in the Championship. Well lets see how the club does under Ashley with no Premier League money to rely on. People will say he will just spend just enough to get out of the Championship or loan the club money to compensate for it, but its much tougher now to get out of the Championship.

If he was ever going to sell, it’d be now. He’d get £399-359m. If we go down and stay down, he’ll get a fraction of that.

I have thought that for the last 3 times he has tried to sell the club yet he is still here. The club being in the Premier League attracts more buyers, but just allows Ashley to ask for more unreasonable terms from a position of strength. He won't get anywhere near £350 million again especially if the club stays in the Championship, but he might sell from a position of weakness.

Here, how much do you want for Bruce?

£4m

How about £500k?

Are they beyond the monitoring stage yet I wonder? Better slow down, we need snail's pace progress man.

Have we even bid for him, or only agreed a price??

What I can never get my head around is the fact all these managers are multi millionaires. They don't 'need' to work but someone is going to take a role where they know they'll be disliked from the off. Who is so deluded that they think they can win over a hostile fan base at a club which is totally toxic due to the hated owner and thinks they can enhance their reputation?

Can’t blame him for taking the job like. Any other mediocre manager would jump at the chance.

Come here, we won't let you build a team and you're not allowed to get close to anything vaguely resembling success.

Even mediocre managers would be telling them to get fucked unless they were getting at least double their worth in a salary.

Can’t blame him for taking the job like. Any other mediocre manager would jump at the chance.

Come here, we won't let you build a team and you're not allowed to get close to anything vaguely resembling success.

Even mediocre managers would be telling them to get fucked unless they were getting at least double their worth in a salary.

He may well be. Chance for him “move home” before retiring on the hefty payout he’ll get when inevitably sacked.

I don’t believe that for one second. If I was a shit manager given the chance to manage Newcastle I’d still jump at it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if his track record of a few promotions with different teams has been a "factor" in the approach since we're quite obviously going to be relegated this season. Or am I giving our fat spiteful bastard of an owner too much credit for forward planning?

Found this pretty incredible when I saw it earlier this week. In 10 years Sheff Wed have only sold 9 players for actual money:

Us getting their manager will be one of their record outgoings