Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

So, I’ve been told that the new manager will be appointed on Friday (subject to all being agreed) and that it is not Bruce. No further news on a takeover.

Bollocks. It has to be Bruce, I have done a complete U-turn on my earlier insistence it was going to be Moyes.

The Geordie Messiah ( for Ashley). There can be only one.

it's always soooooooooooo fucking stupid with ashley man

since they binned rafa (and before) they've had the press parping about going with a head coach and DoF so you'd think a coach with a history of developing players on the younger/cheaper side would be a sensible move....so yeah lets go for steve bruce who is in the martin o neill school of signing old cloggers on massive contracts and has no history of developing young players :lol:

So, I’ve been told that the new manager will be appointed on Friday (subject to all being agreed) and that it is not Bruce. No further news on a takeover.

Odin your sauce?

From a bloke who works on the football side of the club. Could well be wrong but I can vouch for what position he holds and it’s the first time in this whole sorry mess he’s actually had anything to say other than he hasn’t had a clue about anything.

Bit disappointed. I was hoping for someone less competent and much easier to hate.

Steve Bruce is actually a high-tier s*** manager. He assembled the best Sunderland squad their fans have ever seen. Sessegnon (Ginola), Cattermole (Rob Lee), Darren Bent (Beardsley).

I still expect us to be relegated and I don't really care if he gets dogs abuse. He deserves it for working for Ashley.

He’s fuckin s***.

He is, but he's not Carver level shit, which is a shame, as anyone who still goes to the games deserves John Carver.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30963566  :carverlick:

I don't get this going for brucey to placate the baying Geordies.  If the FCB wanted to do that then Ranieri would be a better choice, i.e. someone like your old uncle that's hard to really dislike.  Brucey is too polarising. 

More worryingly is he's already in a job which means he wouldn't come here as a stop-gap IF a takeover was in the works.  i.e. if he comes the takeover's dead.  so is NUFC. :'(

Sick of seeing shit like hes a good bloke etc etc. When he was in charge of the cunts he was nowt but a bitter bastard. At least we might find out what song he had lined up

Remember this when he was manager of the mackems and we sang Cheer up Steve Bruce at the end?

"It is 71 days until the next Derby at our place, not that we are counting. I hope we can repeat the same dosage when they come to our place. It was typical of that club's etiquette".

Who is it then? Any ideas?

Hopefully this persuades more to boycott Arsenal, there really is no excuse now.

Anyone who says they need to go for the day out can f*ck off. If you’re that arsed then watch it in the pub. It’s total selfishness and bordering on insanity if you go now. 

:lol:

It’s got nothing to do with placating the Geordies. Everything to do with Ashley rubbing his club the way he wants. I’d imagine we will sign some cheap French prospects that will cover the cost of relegation with outgoing fees at a minimum.

:fwap:

Who is it then? Any ideas?

No idea, if it is correct then you’d have to think it’s someone who they’ve had to negotiate with, as opposed to just drafting someone in. That kind of thinking is dangerous mind ‘cos it also leads to who is doing the appointment.

They’ve simply been told it’s not Bruce and it’ll be Friday. At this point I wouldn’t rule anything out could end up worse than Bruce and they’re delaying bad news.

Why doesn't Ashley save himself the compensation money and just leave the under 23s staff in charge? He might as well. I'll have a good laugh when I read the stories in a few months time about how Ashley is livid that NUFC have been relegated again.

I have more faith in Ben and Liam tbh. Great coaches, good with people and have standards. They like to play out from the back and encourage overloads and one v ones.