Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Disagree with that. There's basically nothing in it. Maybe fans are generally far more checked out and apathetic now than they were back during Pardew. But there approach to tactics are identical. Not least there use of media to control the narrative.

But I don't know how many ridiculous interviews Bruce needs to do where he openly criticises the the fans for the penny to drop with some that he's just as much of a cunt.

Penny to drop...we all hate him.

They’re exactly the same basically. No tactics, media favourites, full of excuses and just horrendous personalities.

Pardew was first and made me completely fall out of love with football so I suppose I despise him more, but had Bruce been there instead at that time I’ve no doubt it’d have been the same.

The squad Pardew had though... it was so good. He had players in their prime like Krul, Debuchy, Coloccini, Enrique, Tioté, Cabaye, Jonás, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cissé but he deliberately wanted to avoid Europe ffs :lol:. Dickhead.

Pardew was far more than just criticising fans, he was so smarmy it was unreal, head butting opposition players, blaming 17 year olds making their debut, saying we can’t possibly bring through our own academy players because we’re too working class and uneducated unlike Southampton, his absolute desire to make everything about him, Notting hill carnival. It goes on but it’s a pretty exhaustive list tbh

Realise I'm just repeating myself but feel so strongly about people needing to remember just how f***ing evil and damaging Pardew was. :lol: There honestly wouldn't even be a Bruce if it weren't for Pardew.

Bruce is absolutely horrendous - seriously seriously awful and I loathe the fact he represents the thing I love more than just about anything - but Pards, man, Pards...

I usually like your posts but sorry that is rubbish for me like. Pardew was levels above this fat mess we have now and also Pardew never claimed to be “one of us” either.

There was a lot of good football and we used to score a fair few goals too. 5th place and a 10th place. European quarter final and also we were in the top half when he left us mid season too.

Also he generally talked the club up rather than put it down all the time I remember him coming out and rightly saying we are a bigger club than Everton for example.

Absolute and unmitigated horseshite.

Yep, like some have said it's a bit of a daft debate,  as it's like discussing you're favourite type of melanoma.

However there's a total reinvention of history going on there. With the players we had, the football was gash. We frequently ground out a single goal results, relying on the keeper or a moment of brilliance to keep us in games. We finished 5th due to a mad half season from Cisse.

They've both managed a mid-table finish. It's probably worth mentioning Pardew's included what was at the time a club record run of defeats, as we totally capitulated in the second half of the season.

He was also responsible for a systematic decline in expectations. 'Thank God we're not in Europe'.

Pardew was far more than just criticising fans, he was so smarmy it was unreal, head butting opposition players, blaming 17 year olds making their debut, saying we can’t possibly bring through our own academy players because we’re too working class and uneducated unlike Southampton, his absolute desire to make everything about him, Notting hill carnival. It goes on but it’s a pretty exhaustive list tbh

”This was for Mike”

The creativity in his excuses was to be admired:

Notting Hill carnival

The science

Training ground spies

The fans wanting him to win the game

Etc

Pardew broke records relating to form and derby day beatings. I think he managed 4 of the “6 in a row”. How do you think you would feel if Steve Bruce lost back to back to back to back games against Sunderland? Sometimes 3-0. At home. With Jack Colback running riot for them.

At least Steve can say he delivered our best Derby result in the last 40 years.

The biggest difference between Bruce and Pardew, is that Pardew knew he was a prick and acted as such, Bruce is a prick but thinks he's a saint, the last one is 10x more annoying.

Maybe one day we'll get back to being able to debate which our best manager was, not out worst.

Supporting this club is depressing. Like on a real level.

Yep. Football basically ruined for a huge chunk of all of our lives. It's been about 16/17 years since I think we've supported a club who actually wanted to achieve anything.

Pardew broke records relating to form and derby day beatings. I think he managed 4 of the “6 in a row”. How do you think you would feel if Steve Bruce lost back to back to back to back games against Sunderland? Sometimes 3-0. At home. With Jack Colback running riot for them.

At least Steve can say he delivered our best Derby result in the last 40 years.

Bruce is more than capable of losing 6 in a row to L1 Sunderland, nevermind the PL version.

”This was for Mike”

Fucking hell, that takes some beating :lol:

I love how after they wrote MAKEM in caps they suddenly panicked and had no space for Rule. Also why is that comma there?

I’m just amazed they know punctuation is a thing  :lol:

Whatever has happened to Mick?