Joelinton

Stifler

15 minutes ago, NWMag said:

That should be the law then.

You seriously saying the law is too blame for joelington breaking a law that existed well before he did it?

To quote jack white - you can’t take the effect and make it the cause

4 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Y'all realize you're all shitting your pants over this because you've been educated to believe that drink driving is this morally reprehensible thing that is reserved for only those of exceptionally low morale fiber. Not everyone has been brought up being told that having a few beers and then driving is tantamount to diddling kids. So perhaps take a step back and understand that maybe Big Jo doesn't deserve to be flogged for this, especially given it's his first offence of this type (to my knowledge...). Educate him, make sure he understands the seriousness of it, and if he does it again then you can cut his dick off or whatever else is deemed appropriate.

It can lead to people being killed.

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think he’s the type to hold his hands up and realise he’s made a big mistake. Don’t really want to see him serve a club-enforced ban given he’s my favourite player and we’re on an amazing run of form. Not sure what the best thing for the club to do is 

Which law is the cut off point to get a ban? He’s meant to be a role model and no doubt some fans will have been affected by drunk drivers so I hope he does personally. Also sends a message to other players

5 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Y'all realize you're all shitting your pants over this because you've been educated to believe that drink driving is this morally reprehensible thing that is reserved for only those of exceptionally low morale fiber. Not everyone has been brought up being told that having a few beers and then driving is tantamount to diddling kids. So perhaps take a step back and understand that maybe Big Jo doesn't deserve to be flogged for this, especially given it's his first offence of this type (to my knowledge...). Educate him, make sure he understands the seriousness of it, and if he does it again then you can cut his dick off or whatever else is deemed appropriate.

Weird that people might consider something that endangers and kills other people as morally reprehensible! 

Probably alot more accepted in the culture he is from. And if we are looking at it objectivly your driving doesnt get that impaired after drinking a beer. Driving while being a bit sleepy is alot more dangerous.

But im sure none of you have done that either, so go ahead and pass all the judgement you like.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

It can lead to people being killed.

:lol: Yes. Yes it can. I'm not entirely sure how this is a relevant response to my post or in any way furthers the discussion, but you are absolutely correct!

19 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Source? If that's correct I doubt it'll be more than a 12 month ban and an enormous fine (they means test the fines now).

I just know. If you go back about 5 hours and a lot of pages on this thread you can see I mentioned something a long time before the story broke.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Club need to have policy for this. Full stop. A car service or driver on speed dial. All the time. 

The NFL have this service as an organization. There’s a number you’re given that you can call at anytime anywhere and they will dispatch a limo to you, free of charge. 

27 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

HERE LADS, I'D HONESTLY RATHER IT CAME OUT HE WAS A NONCE

In the tune of the Adam Johnson song…

joelington, drink driver

He likes to have a tipple

Driving home could hit someone

and turn them into a c*****e

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

A few are scraping the fucking barrel here if they're seriously trying to justify it by saying it may be acceptable where he's from. 

Absolutely. There is no excuse

30 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

You dont drive if you drink. Its just that easy. 

This is a pretty stupid comment - it’s a sensible comment but it isn’t the law, you can drive after 1 drink legally and it wouldn’t affect a person either.

think he will be fined and apologise , depending on how severely he was over etc and the circumstances I think there is a spectrum of how much of a dick he’s been

1 minute ago, soyt said:

Absolutely. There is no excuse

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3127271/

Article from 2011 re.  Brazil driving laws: “Brazil is one of a handful of countries that has gone beyond the maximum recommended blood-alcohol concentration limit to institute a stricter limit for the general population,” says Alison Harvey, a road safety expert at the World Health Organization (WHO). “It’s an indication that drink-driving is taken seriously as an important problem.”

https://www.army.mil/article/232252/dont_let_a_dui_make_your_tour_in_germany_a_bad_trip#:~:text=Germany has strict drunk driving,license%2C for a first offense.

Article on Germany's drink driving laws: "Germany has strict drunk driving laws. A Blood Alcohol Content of 0.05% can result in a 500 Euro fine, a one-month driving suspension and a two-point reduction on a driver's license, for a first offense"

Aye Joelinton must have grown up that it was OK to get behind the wheel after a skin full.

3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

This is a pretty stupid comment - it’s a sensible comment but it isn’t the law, you can drive after 1 drink legally and it wouldn’t affect a person either.

think he will be fined and apologise , depending on how severely he was over etc and the circumstances I think there is a spectrum of how much of a dick he’s been

Been driving 31 years - never ever done it once - not a single drop, it really isn’t a difficult ask.

also - if he drunk what he could then he wouldn’t be charged.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

This is a bit daft too. Drink affects everyone differently and someone could have ‘one’ and be very drunk (just as someone else could have more and be fine). Depends on tolerances, tiredness, body composition/weight, other food and drink consumed and various other things. The issue being that having ‘one’ and driving isn’t illegal- BUT you have to take responsibility and know how it affects you after that. 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Been driving 31 years - never ever done it once - not a single drop, it really isn’t a difficult ask.

also - if he drunk what he could then he wouldn’t be charged.

Good for you fella,

He deserves to lose a lot of respect for this , I just think there’s a difference between driving after say 10 pints or 2 glasses of wine. You may agree or disagree. 

Hopefully he gets whatever help is required here