Joelinton

Stifler

11 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

His celebration is a crease. Leans onto the steward and knocks his hood off. :lol:

And the steward didn't bat an eyelid, I would have leaned right into that and snogged him [emoji38]

Edited by 1964

Think a few of us were probably a bit worried just incase his form last season was a bit of a purple patch but if anything I think this season, and in particular the last few weeks, he's gone up another level and adding goals to his game from midfield

We love him and he loves us

It’s getting to the point where I’m not sure we can replace him. 

Sure, there are more technical and more skilful midfielders out there, but in terms of what he brings to our team and how it helps our system/style of play I think we would struggle to find someone similar.

For example I’d love to sign Maddison and I hope we do, but if he came in to replace Joelinton then I think it would have an adverse affect on our performances. (I don’t think this will happen either, just an example)

There are certain players that you can afford to sell because they’re mainly individually brilliant. With Bruno, we’ve got someone who’s both individually brilliant but also allows the whole team to succeed. The only situation where it would ever make sense to sell is if Bruno was desperate to leave and we couldn’t stop him. We need to do everything possible to keep him as we’re winning trophies with him in the team 

Ah, I thought I was in the Bruno thread with my post above. I also think Joelinton is bordering on unsellable. I say it all the time, other teams must absolutely despise seeing his name on the team sheet. He always gives everything, never stops running, cuts out the most attacks out of our whole squad and you can now see the confidence flowing for him going forward. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him score a fair few more in the second half of the season. Also, he’s such a gentle giant off the pitch, just a wonderful man 

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Being wired from the match and having nowt to do on my lunch break, I started reading some of the old Joelinton comments.  This one is a peach - how unnervingly perceptive is this?  As in every line of it.  I'm convinced Howe must have used this in his famous interview presentation

:smugdog:

9 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He's been brilliant but i must admit at some point yesterday i was thinking i'd rather have him in midfield rather than a more attacking position considering his usual end product, but fair play for him for the assist and the goal, he has everything except that final third output so if he can repeat what he did yesterday he'll be playing for the Brazilian team very soon.

I was thinking exactly the same. I loved him in that CM destroyer role. If we put him back there, we could drop Longstaff and put Maxi left wing, everyone wins (except Longstaff)

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

That hard working wide forward or LCM is perfect for him.

I really like him and Willock but equally desperate for ASM to get in the side somewhere. ASM has that touch of quality on the ball.

In an ideal world you upgrade the wide positions around Wilson/Isak. At some point you get the wide forward who is high energy and goal scorer like Miggy but can create his own chance/shot (lke the Liverpool wide men)

Have we ever had a player like him, who everyone dreaded seeing in the teamsheet do such a majestic turnaround so where they're now one of the first names on there?

I genuinely cant think of any player that has improved as much as him while with us?

Definitely not in my life time. There have been players who've redeemed themselves after shaky starts (Darren Peacock, Warren Barton, Speed, Perch, Diame and others) but none where the dynamic from how bad they were to how good they are is as wide as with Joelinton. Literally zero to hero.