Joelinton

Stifler

34 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Thought he looked weirdly heavy today.

No excuse but the weight  of our passes was awful in the middle of the park Tino and Pope particularly balls were either too soft and closed down by a keen to impress home side or so hard it's bouncing off them. We also spend way too much time with the ball in the air Joelinton is good holding the ball when it's given in tight spaces most of the time but this ping pong shit just always seems to go back to the opposition. 

It shows how important he is for us.

If he plays well we usually play well, and if he has an off day, we play shite like (in particular) the first 45 today.

Edited by Klaus

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

They can't put him under the jail now because the mad ref only gave a yellow, right?

VAR cleared it also as not a red. Howe needs to read the riot act as that's twice now stupidity has come into play. He was lucky there a lot of refs would have shown a red

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Yeap.

Surely they can still decide later on it's a red?

Unlikely, since it would be an admission that not only did the ref get it wrong, so did VAR

As it happens I think based one on angle he looked fortunate but based on another angle I think yellow was the correct decision

Is it just me who thinks a yellow was the right call? From the other camera angle, big Joe grabs the keeper more on his shoulder than his neck.

if it was a flat out clothesline wwe style, then by all means show a red, but I just don’t see it.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Var having every angle and being like "Ref handled it" is an absolute indictment of that entire system.

I'll rarely defend VAR but in what was a frantic end to the game already 2 minutes over allocation, and given the keeper was straight back up, i imagine they only looked at it once and decided it was an orange so just stick with the ref and let the game flow. 

If the keeper goes down clutching his face VAR probably recommends a red, but that doesn't really help Bournemouth as much as getting the fuck on with the game. 

Schar gets a red for minimal contact, Big Jo get a yellow for a way more dangerous and reckless challenge.  Mosquera meanwhile gets absolutely nothing for a strangle hold on Havertz (go on son I say) or poking Jesus up the arse..

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Schar gets a red for minimal contact, Big Jo get a yellow for a way more dangerous and reckless challenge.  Mosquera meanwhile gets absolutely nothing for a strangle hold on Havertz (go on son I say) or poking Jesus up the arse..

Can't hate Mosquera for living the dream of ending Havertz.

45 minutes ago, Lordshola said:

Is it just me who thinks a yellow was the right call? From the other camera angle, big Joe grabs the keeper more on his shoulder than his neck.

if it was a flat out clothesline wwe style, then by all means show a red, but I just don’t see it.

Not just you

Initially I was thinking red card but this angle is probably what saves him as the arm is down rather than across the throat 

image.thumb.png.1a86b1909d5a61f5ebf5f92b38bac0d4.png