Joelinton

Stifler

5 hours ago, andyc35i said:

Were some of you watching a different game last night… He wasn’t spectacular, but had a decent game. Held up the ball in the middle and turned away from the press well, had some nice touches / simple passes, made many runs forward to create an overlap and helped out defensively really well. It didn’t help that he was being fouled all game and the fluidity of the team wasn’t great overall 

Just because he missed a penalty it seems like the judgement reverts to a poor game, very strange reaction 

I agree, even against Bournemouth he wasn't as bad as some are making out. When I am being critical it's only in comparison to the leading clubs and their midfielders as that's where we ultimately want to be.

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Have to love Joelinton he's an absolute animal but think he controls his aggression very well, generally.

He does. But he is still going to rack up a  record number of yellows this season I reckon :lol: 

Much better today, I thought. After a couple of poor games (I didn’t see the cup game FWIW. But read he wasn’t great. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

He does. But he is still going to rack up a  record number of yellows this season I reckon :lol: 

Much better today, I thought. After a couple of poor games (I didn’t see the cup game FWIW. But read he wasn’t great. 

The thing is with players like Joelinton I feel like even if they don't play great they can be integral to a result through sheer perseverance and determination.

Edited by Heron

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

The thing is with players like Joelinton I feel like even if they don't play great they can be integral to a result through sheer perseverance and determination.

Oh yeah. In games like Southampton and today. He is invaluable for his off ball work. 

The fact in both games. He has also scored and all but created another. Is hugely promising. If he can improve his… ‘on ball value’ I believe the stattos call it. Then look out. We have some sort of Vieira/Yaya Toure on our hands :lol: 

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The turn and pass for the winning goal was brilliant 

I was thinking: what the hell are you doing? Don't lose the ball there! 

Oh... 

:promotion:

Edited by Dr. TC

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not sure he enjoys anything other than moaning and being a contrarian. 

Once again, I think that’s a little unfair. TCD was very relaxed about our bad form last year. And at least he has the ability to admit mistakes. There are a few far far worse than him.

Loath to talk on behalf of someone else but my take is that it’s less about being contrarian and more about always wanting to have a take on things and theorise about the reasons for things and normally those takes come across less like an opinion and often like “this is how it is”. I think the strength of belief that TCD sometimes has in his own takes is why people struggle sometimes and the directness of it

39 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Once again, I think that’s a little unfair. TCD was very relaxed about our bad form last year. And at least he has the ability to admit mistakes. There are a few far far worse than him.

Was surprised to hear he was banned (?) for a week, he winds people up but he generally posts logical stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think he’s had a great start this season, it’s early doors but hes looked an erratic mess at times. Just looks a bit off it really. 

The starting pair of him and Longstaff is a lot of industrious grit and substance, but not killer enough. Given everyone fit and available I feel our best midfield will end up as Tonali Bruno Willock. 

Edited by Nine

Loved him getting dragged off at half time.

He's getting a bit too into playing the heel.

Needs to focus more on what he's doing on the pitch and stop going back and forth with the ref and opposition all the time. It's affecting his performances.

Actually started well today before getting wound up and then failing to pieces.

Edited by KaKa