Joelinton

Stifler

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I remember Wilson playing for Bournemouth under Howe and Wilson and falling down and getting treatment. He got back onto the field and continued playing for another minute or two before sitting again.

He had done his ACL.

be plain with what you’re inferring bro. 

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

be plain with what you’re inferring bro. 

That it's entirely plausible we wanted to see if Joelinton could run it off as a calculated risk. 

Not too long ago Schar started a match that ITKs on twitter said he wouldn't play due to injury. Lo and behold he starts the match and limps off within 20 minutes. That was another calculated risk IMO.

We played Murphy with a dislocated shoulder.

We seem to take calculated risks with players fitness.

8 hours ago, Karjala said:

Until Eddie rules him out on Friday, I'm telling myself Joe will play on Sat.

If it'd been that bad, surely he wouldn't have came out for the 2nd half. Second goal was perfectly timed in that respect.

He looked to be walking fine after the match

Just now, Theregulars said:

If true they’ll need to buy a replacement now.

To what end? The season’s a write off, no point further stretching our FFP position with deals to cover 6 week injuries. 

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Lack of Europe if we don’t get it next season would be a blessing to attack top 4.

Just look at spurs this season.

Not sure about it being a blessing, the commercial revenue playing in Europe will be important. I do agree though not having Europe eases the demand on the players.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Lack of Europe if we don’t get it next season would be a blessing to attack top 4.

Just look at spurs this season.

Our CEO seems to think playing in Europe is a realistic and good result for the season.

Spurs sold a £100m academy grad and have much higher revenue income than us over the last 10-15 years. They could cope with 1 season out of Europe easily and have invested aggressively this season - despite selling the academy grad and not qualifying for Europe they still have a higher net spend than us. Not qualifying for Europe would impact us adversely in the market.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

I think it was just another freak injury, he was dominating the game and looked comfortable before it happend.

Where are Anderson and Willock? Can't be too far.

No where near being ready

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I think it was just another freak injury, he was dominating the game and looked comfortable before it happend.

Where are Anderson and Willock? Can't be too far.

Personally I do not see this as another freak injury.