Joelinton

Stifler

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Why on earth did he come out for the second half? The way we’ve managed players has been so amateurish this season.

Absolutely. There are occasions when you might have to risk a player who isn’t 100%, but it feels like we keep getting it wrong and never really learning from the mistake(s)

A fit Joelinton is as big a miss as Bruno is for us, even against the mackems the only time they got anywhere near our box was after he had gone off injured . Longstaff and Miley both playing together in midfield just isn't good enough at this level .

Edited by Geogaddi

I'm absolutely sick of these injuries this season like. I mean, where the fuck is Barnes, Anderson, Willock etc as well.

It's a joke now like. Serious questions need asking of our medical department.

Guest reefatoon

This is shit news. We will struggle in games with our current midfield available, just like we have been doing. 

So frustrating that these injuries to massively important players is so relentless.

5 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Didn't Harvey Barnes just break a toe or something? 

It was a weird break in a weird place but took the gamble on it healing with no surgery and he has clearly had set backs due to muted dates been and gone and the quote from a journo to say he was back on grass. 

Not sure how much toe surgery would have kept him out but he's been missing since Sept?  So not sure its just been a massive fuck up medically speaking.

Edit: Just checked and it was early Nov they said he was back training on grass clearly hasn't gone to plan.

Edited by nufcjmc

27 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Why on earth did he come out for the second half? The way we’ve managed players has been so amateurish this season.

First thing that came to my mind as well. Graeme Souness levels of hope over good sense.

Certainly an element of me being pissed off. So sorry for the hyperbole. 

But this could really derail our season. Our midfield 3 is slow as fuck and looks really flat and imbalanced without Big Joe. Can’t rely on Willock to be fit this season and Tonali getting banned has royally fucked us. There is no athleticism there. 

To make matters worse, I don’t think Longstaff has been at the levels of last season and Miley is understandably a bit tactically naive. He gets caught out miles out of position a lot of the time. Gets drawn to the ball and loses position, I think. Throw in Bruno starting deep, but also needing to drive us forward on the ball and press off of it. We end up with a 30-40 yard gap between our midfield and defence. 

Not that we are spoilt for choice with the options we have. But I feel like it would be suicidal carrying on with the same tactics with the current midfield 3. 

Just now, Andy84 said:

Love the jumping to conclusions about the medical team like 

It's the whole recurring injuries non-stop as well as players seen as fit to return but then instantly getting injured again :lol:

We've constanly had 3-4 central midfielders missing since the start of november.. And it will be 4 for atleast another month.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Certainly an element of me being pissed off. So sorry for the hyperbole. 

But this could really derail our season. Our midfield 3 is slow as fuck and looks really flat and imbalanced without Big Joe. Can’t rely on Willock to be fit this season and Tonali getting banned has royally fucked us. There is no athleticism there. 

To make matters worse, I don’t think Longstaff has been at the levels of last season and Miley is understandably a bit tactically naive. He gets caught out miles out of position a lot of the time. Gets drawn to the ball and loses position, I think. Throw in Bruno starting deep, but also needing to drive us forward on the ball and press off of it. We end up with a 30-40 yard gap between our midfield and defence. 

Not that we are spoilt for choice with the options we have. But I feel like it would be suicidal carrying on with the same tactics with the current midfield 3. 

It’s already derailed our season