Joelinton

Stifler

9 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Jesus, that's pretty direct of Eddie to say that. Normally he keeps everything super close to his chest.

Maybe knows we have his replacement coming in this month?

Pretty fair from Howe. Given is contract if he doesn’t sign he’ll be sold - makes total sense. 

I think we’ll get it done though. Although I genuinely believe he starts for any team aside from City in the Premier League so I imagine there’ll be suitors. 

38 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Where’s the first place to listen to his pressers? Usually wait for nufcTV but fancy listening to this one now and can’t find it. 

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He's just stating the obvious but it is weird for him to be so on the nose in public. Potentially a slight shot across the bows for Joelinton too. He loses a bit of bargaining power with a longer term injury.

Maybe a little shot towards the board too? With a view to creating fan pressure over getting a deal done.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Maybe a little shot towards the board too? With a view to creating fan pressure over getting a deal done.

Be surprised if he's having a pop at the board, I suspect they're doing everything they can to get the deal done.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

Sounds like he's putting pressure on his agent to sign the contract rather than telling him he's free to leave.

This.

Alternatively we should have done everything in our power to stop the surgery on his groin until he signed the contract.

2 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

Jesus, that's pretty direct of Eddie to say that. Normally he keeps everything super close to his chest.

I'm glad he's saying it. Some of these players were joke figures at one time, just because Howe has got the best out of them doesn't mean they are now suddenly elite level. Of course we want them to stay, but if we can get better players on that money then do it.

18 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

This.

Alternatively we should have done everything in our power to stop the surgery on his groin until he signed the contract.

What a mental take [emoji38] Sign this contract on our terms or we'll jeopardize your career by refusing to perform urgently needed surgery [emoji38] I'm sure that'd go down great.

Edited by jonny1403

1 hour ago, 80 said:

That's the sort of games I don't think Howe should be or is playing with the board.

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

What a mental take [emoji38] Sign this contract on our terms or we'll jeopardize your career by refusing to perform urgently needed surgery [emoji38] I'm sure that'd go down great.

Aye I wasn't being serious jonny1403.

Could Howe not have been told by the board to say something like this, in a coordinated effort to highlight how Newcastle have to sell their better players to progress? I think this is a holistic approach from the club to show FFP for what it truly is. starting with Ashworth's interview. Then Eale's the other week. Now Eddie with this emotive admission. All ramping up the media hype to look at the constraints that us and the likes of Villa, Brighton et al are under.

I think Howe’s played that well. I want Joelinton to stay at pretty much all costs but it’s up to him. I’m sure we’ve offered him a decent deal but he probably wants top dollar. Will he get paid more by another club? Probably there are clubs yes, but he’s been on an amazing career trajectory for us and played the best football of his life. I think he‘ll sign and he’ll be one of the top four earners, behind Bruno and Tonali. Anyone got an accurate breakdown of our player’s wages?

33 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm glad he's saying it. Some of these players were joke figures at one time, just because Howe has got the best out of them doesn't mean they are now suddenly elite level. Of course we want them to stay, but if we can get better players on that money then do it.

Yeah totally, just surprised Howe said it in public as he normally doesn't really