Joelinton

Stifler

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Edwards says he could be back playing at the beginning of May

If we have nothing to play for at that stage (hopefully we do), then I’d just wait till next season for him.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not only a huge boost him staying, means we can spend money in other areas in the summer now.

Aye, bring in Chris Rigg and some other kids to mentor for midfield. 

Gan out and get a GK to challenge Pope, CB, RW of the highest quality

He needs a new song 

*how about the theme tune to cops - “bad boys”

Just replace bad boys with “Big Joe”

whatcha gonna do when he comes for you..

Edited by Dr Jinx

32 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He needs a new song 

*how about the theme tune to cops - “bad boys”

Just replace bad boys with “Big Joe”

whatcha gonna do when he comes for you..

:lol:

Amazing turnaround from being a joke signing of the decade as a striker, to an international Brazilian midfielder no less. He epitomises everything good about us, gives 100% every game, and he's a lot better footballer than he gets credit for as well. You can't operate out wide without having some ability.

It's easy to sometimes criticise his lack of technical ability, but jesus Christ we've missed him so much this season, it's going to be amazing to have him back, we've missed his work rate, his shit housery and his aggression in midfield, nobody else offers quite what he can.

28 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

It's easy to sometimes criticise his lack of technical ability, but jesus Christ we've missed him so much this season, it's going to be amazing to have him back, we've missed his work rate, his shit housery and his aggression in midfield, nobody else offers quite what he can.

Just imagine reading this post 3-4 years ago, knowing it's written in 2024.:lol: A scared striker becoming an aggressive midfielder.

Get this confirmed and have Isak and Bruno go on the record along with the club saying that they aren't going anywhere this summer and all of a sudden the summer window looks much brighter. 

At that point our main focus becomes RW/CB which hopefully we've got enough funds for. Get those sorted and I think our squad is fine for a non-CL season. 

7 minutes ago, Cf said:

Get this confirmed and have Isak and Bruno go on the record along with the club saying that they aren't going anywhere this summer and all of a sudden the summer window looks much brighter. 

At that point our main focus becomes RW/CB which hopefully we've got enough funds for. Get those sorted and I think our squad is fine for a non-CL season. 

Absolutely no chance we can go into another season with Isak and Wilson as our two orthodox striking options, it's a disaster waiting to happen given their fitness records.

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d add a striker to that mix as well

Yeah, but my thinking is if we have enough options we have Gordon to cover if really needed. 

Or we get a cheaper backup striker to replace Wilson. 

But given the prices of good quality strikers, the need for CB/RW, and the limitations of FFP (especially if we don't sell Bruno or Isak) then I think our options might be limited.