Joelinton

Stifler

What were you expecting him to do? Beat his man and whip in a cross?

The problem lies in the dugout and the boardroom. I'm sure Rafa would be able to get the best out of this guy but he's a proper manager.

He looked far more comfortable but all that does is emphasise that we’ve paid way over the odds for a bang average wide player who we gambled we could make into a centre forward because of his size (and age).

Awful transfer, don’t blame the player.

tbf he looked more comfortable there because less is expected of him and its easier to hide.

He wasn't hiding, I thought he did alright yesterday on the wing, certainly did a lot more than Ritchie, but still not really good enough

I don't think you can accuse Joelinton of hiding this season

Am I right in thinking he's started in every single game that he's been available, including cup games and even when he's been carrying a knock? Is it unrealistic to think this bullshit transfer included some clause whereby he has to start every game? We know the whole thing is a lie and we know the patsy in the dugout would happily stand for it; meanwhile, the lad's performances have only got worse. Doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

Think Carroll started Sheff Utd when Joelinton didn't

:thup: Looks like it. Christ knows why Bruce persists with him then. He really must be the least abysmal in a truly appalling bunch.

Nobby Solano knows!  :lol:

Nobby Solano has defended Newcastle United's £40million man Joelinton - and insists the chronic lack of service is making him look like a bad player.

Solano admitted he'd love to still be playing, just to whip a few first time balls to his feet from the flank and give the Brazilian something to feed off.

The Peruvian did so on many occasions for Alan Shearer and Craig Bellamy during the Sir Bobby Robson era.

But he feels that criticism of Joelinton is not completely fair on the summer signing from Hoffenheim.

Solano told the Chronicle: "You have to analyse the system of the team first.

"It is sometimes very difficult for any striker if you have a team that doesn't have possession of the ball.

"It's hard for him to find the chances.

"Who is supplying him?

"You have a team that looks like a defensive unit who don't get possession.

"It makes it so tough for Joelinton.

"For him to do well he needs three or four deliveries at least a game, he's just not getting it.

"How can he score without service?"

When asked if Joelinton needed to justify his price tag and perhaps drop back and make something happen himself, Solano insisted the South American wasn't at fault.

Solano said: "No, the team has to do more.

"Also he will be getting asked to some defensive duties so he's probably doing what he's told.

"He can't drop back and do it all himself, do you know how difficult that is?

"This guy when I watch him is always up there by himself looking lonely.

"He's getting nothing but long balls, that's so hard for him.

"These days most teams play with one man up there and it is tough for them.

"Who is the man supplying him?"

Solano was drafted in by Kenny Dalglish in the late 1990s after Newcastle searched long and hard for the perfect winger to play with Shearer.

The legendary number 9 had some frustrating times with David Ginola who refused to get first time balls into the danger area.

Solano told me: "When I played with Alan Shearer we had everybody trying their hardest to get service to him from the left and the right.

"That's how you become an attacking team.

"If you sit and absorb pressure you can become obsessed with it.

"I watched the Palace game and it was hard to watch.

"At Arsenal they battled hard but their luck ran out and when you play with five at the back it's hard.

"The big statistic that says it all is two shots on target at Palace who are not special and hadn't won since Boxing Day.

"Ask Alan Shearer the same question on Joelinton.

"He will probably tell you that the striker is waiting for chances and probably hoping for free-kicks or penalties.

"It is unbelievable really."

It tugs on my heart strings a little  hearing Nobby say ‘It was hard to watch,’ knowing he’s still affected by NUFC. What a player, what a man.

He wasn't hiding, I thought he did alright yesterday on the wing, certainly did a lot more than Ritchie, but still not really good enough

I don't think you can accuse Joelinton of hiding this season

second half was horrendous from him. during one attack he was just standing in the centre circle watching the team move forward.

ritchie wasnt great but he had 4 attempts at goal - only one of them from outside the box - and he came closest to scoring for us yesterday. so how was joelinton better than him? a couple of neat flicks and passes on the touch line and then standing admiring his good work rather than sprinting forward into space for a return ball.

£43 million for a donkey to play on the left wing.  Ritchie is far better than him in that position and most in the team could be at least as good as him in that position.  Still, at least he's forced ASM out

One thing I noticed yesterday is just how far behind the play he is when we're attacking. Folk are looking to play balls around the opposition box and he's still ambling up from near the centre circle.

What were you expecting him to do? Beat his man and whip in a cross?

The problem lies in the dugout and the boardroom. I'm sure Rafa would be able to get the best out of this guy but he's a proper manager.

Exactly, you only have to go back and look at when Rafa had Cisse out wide to good effect and then later on Kuyt who was a cult hero for Liverpool playing out wide.

But they had specific instructions that made their lives so clear and easy, so they could thrive. Same as Rafa had it for the likes of Longstaff, Perez , Hayden, LeJeune, Schar, Almiron and Rondon last season.

Joelinton is a young inexperienced player that has some interesting attributes that need cultivating. He is not a plug and play footballer. He is a complete bust under this manager 100%.

He will end up being loaned out somewhere, probably as soon as next season, and I hope he and his reps pick the right situation and manager to allow him to continue the fantastic progress he was making in Germany.

People still defending this fella man absolutely staggering. Why the hell is he still being shoehorned into the team too does he have some contractual clause. Hes utter utter shit and should be nowhere near the team

We couldnt give this joker away now

Haven’t seen you this angry since Megan Rapinoe won the World Cup. Another cloud of shame?

Good to see your cuntishness has not dipped keep up the good work

Think Carroll started Sheff Utd when Joelinton didn't

:thup: Looks like it. Christ knows why Bruce persists with him then. He really must be the least abysmal in a truly appalling bunch.

It's mainly because Bruce doesn't like playing without a six footer in the forward line. I know Gayle was playing as the main striker yesterday, but maybe Bruce was hoping Joelinton would be in there battling for the long balls pumped from the back.

I think that's true tbh. We didn't have the defenders to pass it out from the back yesterday so every goal kick was hit towards Joelinton on the left wing.

Obviously when he went off we barely had an attacker above 5ft 9n vs their tall defence

People still defending this fella man absolutely staggering. Why the hell is he still being shoehorned into the team too does he have some contractual clause. Hes utter utter shit and should be nowhere near the team

We couldnt give this joker away now

Haven’t seen you this angry since Megan Rapinoe won the World Cup. Another cloud of shame?

Good to see your cuntishness has not dipped keep up the good work

It shouldn't come to name calling to be fair but that is what this owner has done to us.  Talk about split and divide.  Anyway, back to Joelinton who is an absolute waste of a shirt.  Need I say more?

I think the only way Joelinton is getting dropped is if Carroll is fit at some point. We just don't pass the ball well enough to play without a big striker. I think we could, but it would take some hard work on the training ground and some in depth coaching drills. Something along the lines of what Rafa would do.

I think we all remember the train wreck that was Papiss Cisse out wide :lol:

Shola Ameobi flying up and down the wing with a demolished hip was a sight to behold as well.

Shola was ten times the player that is Joelinton!