Joelinton

Stifler

25 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Class seeing how united the squad seem to be :love:

That’s the big thing for me. Under Bruce they all looked morose and tranquilised, under Howe they look happy, together, there’s banter like the Fraser and Burn interview yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

That’s the big thing for me. Under Bruce they all looked morose and tranquilised, under Howe they look happy, together, there’s banter like the Fraser and Burn interview yesterday. 

And that's the thing, it was always so easy to create this inspirational atmosphere. Sure, results help - and that's not easy to achieve at all. But there's quick wins that the club can do - and has now done - to get everyone singing from the same page. These behind-the-scenes glimpses of joy are part of that.

The previous regime simply didn't give a shit - so long as cash rolled in from fans, TV and sponsors, that's all that ever mattered. They just didn't want to go that extra step. With a few exceptions, the managers towed that line too. It poisoned everything, and we're still recovering. 

Remember the 'we only want a club that tries' banner? We've got that now, with the added bonus of belief and confidence. Carry this on to next season, with shrewd additions, and who knows where we'll be? Bring it on! 

5 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

And that's the thing, it was always so easy to create this inspirational atmosphere. Sure, results help - and that's not easy to achieve at all. But there's quick wins that the club can do - and has now done - to get everyone singing from the same page. These behind-the-scenes glimpses of joy are part of that.

The previous regime simply didn't give a shit - so long as cash rolled in from fans, TV and sponsors, that's all that ever mattered. They just didn't want to go that extra step. With a few exceptions, the managers towed that line too. It poisoned everything, and we're still recovering. 

Remember the 'we only want a club that tries' banner? We've got that now, with the added bonus of belief and confidence. Carry this on to next season, with shrewd additions, and who knows where we'll be? Bring it on! 

And that last point is the one that needs to be remembered. It wasn’t that long ago that folk booed Bobby Robson when we finished 5th. Fucking 5th. Classic example of not knowing what you’ve got til it’s gone. There’ll be spoilt fuckers whinging in no time. 

I'm sure he's never struck a ball that cleanly before. Ironically I suppose Brentford at home was quite similar in terms of how it just fell to him and whack.

Really, really hope he can find his feet in the box. He'd genuinely have a bit of everything if he could add a few more goals to his game. Mind 4 in however many games since Howe arrived is hardly a desperate return. 

59 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The OG Joelinton defenders (gonna class myself as one as I think I was) feeling pretty good rn. But seriously I’m very happy for him, great guy, and tremendous attitude and ethic 

I mean I am sure I commented positively about his work rate and attitude, but if anyone pretends to have predicted the player he has become I am calling total bullshit :P, not even sure Joelinton would have predicted it

Edited by Tiresias

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

I mean I am sure I commented positively about his work rate and attitude, but if anyone pretends to have predicted the player he has become I am calling total bullshit :P, not even sure Joelinton would have predicted it

I swear there was a weird account on twitter that absolutely loved him and wouldn't have a bad word said.

Somewhere, that 40 year old in his mam's basement is feeling a reet smug cunt.

On 19/02/2022 at 22:06, Lazarus said:

Its @Dr Jinx March 2021

Also, @Cronky said In December 2020 that he seen Joe play in central midifled for Hoffenheim but didnt mention wanting him played there for us.

@Optimistic Nut also mentioned in October 2019 that Joe had started a move at left back then moved into central midfield saying that Joe had 'shown glimpses' of what he can do. But again, theres no mention of wanting to try him in a CM position.

Theres aalso another post by @optimistic nut in October 2019 quoting a tweet about Joes in game stats:

Theres also loads of posts and I mean LOADS saying hes not a striker or not suited to attacking midfield or not a target man... Basically all the clues were there and the only person who spotted it was Jinx and Howe (obviously).

(Ive tried doing multi quotes to show but can I fuck get it to work properly. Fucking annoying [emoji38] )

Jinx called it.

When he was on the left behind ASM with Willock and Murphy in a team with some actual tactical awareness, I think that was the first time we've seen him in a system that loosely resembled Hoffenheim's. With Willock in the middle alongside also pressing, he looked effective off the ball and on it. I think there might be a spot for him in the long term to be honest...

If you caught me saying 9 months ago that I'd be advocating Joelinton over ASM on the left I'd ask people to quietly take me out the back and end me :lol:

I can’t help but being so fucking happy for Big Joe right now. His transformation and the amount of work he’s putting in is so evident. Just truly remarkable stuff. If you just saw his sample set of work with Howe you’d spend 40m on him as your box to box dynamo. Nailed on. 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

The OG Joelinton defenders (gonna class myself as one as I think I was) feeling pretty good rn. But seriously I’m very happy for him, great guy, and tremendous attitude and ethic 

I can absolutely attest you were OG - I remember when we signed him you and I shared DMs on social media and you were saying as such. 

14 minutes ago, HawK said:

If you caught me saying 9 months ago that I'd be advocating Joelinton over ASM on the left I'd ask people to quietly take me out the back and end me :lol:

What?

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Ty brother. Someone will prob quote me saying he was ass, but either way I’m delighted for the guy honestly. Seems such a good bloke 

Yep, you were bang on about him being highly regarded by some experienced scouts you talked to but some general confusion amongst that group about him being utilized as a Steve Bruce CF. 

He’s had a great run at CM since January and had a game today that was poetic in that he got a start in his old position up top which paid off with a couple of goals, but play him in ASMs position? Let’s calm down a bit :lol:

Edited by Nine