Joelinton

Stifler

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

Absolutely beautiful video. Just watched it on a packed train and almost disgraced myself groaning with my headphones on. Class! Him

and Bruno with a proper DM behind would be impregnable! 

1 hour ago, Pardiola said:

Well, one on here did. Still a ways to go to get to Dembele level, but the similarities are becoming more and more obvious.

I love him but I'm not sure he's as adept in tight spaces as Dembele, but I also think he's better defensively.

Just watched that vid. A few times I was thinking there’s no way he wins the ball here just as he regains possession cleanly before moving it on. 

I always thought there was a player in there somewhere, defended him on here often. Never did I imagine this would be the type of player he’s become. 

Clark being an absolute whopper v Norwich basically fixed our midfield. 

Edited by St1pe

Lots of sharp incisive play in that video. It's not anything anyone would have said four months ago, but the lad is quick footed. Now he's up to PL speed, which he clearly wasn't when he played up front for Bruce, I wonder if there is a press-from-the-front #10 in there. Like the way Rafa used Mo Diame. I accept that this may not be a position Howe's tactics use much, but just as a Plan B or in-game adjustment. As another issue, Joe Willock also looks like he could play there and contribute more goals.

Anyway, with our midfield and defence solidifying, we have increasing scope for playing a #10. Especially at times when ASM is not on the pitch and his replacement is tackling back.

He's amazing, the turnaround is absolutely fantastic to see and I can't think of another player that has changed position so starkly. Especially since he was largely poor as a striker.

I always felt he would do well in Serie A as I thought he was fraction too slow in thought, which makes it even more surreal that he's performing in midfield and to such a high standard.

Despite him being poor as a striker the one thing that he could never be accused of is a lack of effort, he's always given it all and he would always battle through knocks.

Also, he deserves a huge amount of credit for not giving in. Considering the stick he used to get, some of which clearly crossed the line, being talked about as the biggest flop in PL history the easy thing to do (and we've seen many players do it) would have been to just give up and coast his way through knowing he has a 6 year contract. However he continued to graft, was great to read he had employed his own analyst and yes him playing in midfield was by chance but the effort he put in leading to it was invaluable. 

people say howe got lucky with the clark red card.

he did a bit but it was howe who kept him in midfield and instructed him before and all through the man u game - he could easily have been dropped or another midfielder brought in.

so kudos.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

people say howe got lucky with the clark red card.

he did a bit but it was howe who kept him in midfield and instructed him before and all through the man u game - he could easily have been dropped or another midfielder brought in.

so kudos.

Of course he deserves credit for keeping him there but the initial reason he was in midfield was due to circumstance