Joelinton

Stifler

interesting that people think it's carr and he never once backed carr's judgement first time round for first choice targets that have gone on to big things

It’s because Carrs first round targets always exceeds the fat c***’s budget.

But fatty has seen the lost profit on each of these targets subsequent sales...

Aye to be fair most of Carrs targets, no matter the priority, are spot on in terms of value appreciation.

Tbh it's just Steve McClaren all over again.

Aye. Local rags going on like this is all Steve Pissing Bruce's work and he's 'authorising' these buys.

GET TO FUCK.

it won't go down like mclaren, bruce is inheriting a good group of players with a system that doesn't need any work...the only thing bruce has in his locker is an organised team, if joelinton and whoever else can come in and hit the ground running with almiron we'll be fine next season

but that's the gameble isn't it, almiron has never scored in england and any offensive reinforcements will also likely never have and will be gambles of some type

i find it hard to believe it'll be as bad as mcclaren though

Aye. Local rags going on like this is all Steve Pissing Bruce's work and he's 'authorising' these buys.

GET TO FUCK.

it won't go down like mclaren, bruce is inheriting a good group of players with a system that doesn't need any work...the only thing bruce has in his locker is an organised team, if joelinton and whoever else can come in and hit the ground running with almiron we'll be fine next season

but that's the gameble isn't it, almiron has never scored in england and any offensive reinforcements will also likely never have and will be gambles of some type

Might not go down but the model is the same even though it's been completely proven not to work.

GET TO FUCK.

Might not go down but the model is the same even though it's been completely proven not to work.

oh completely, yeah, i just think the similarity with mcclaren ends with the idea of relegation...unless the attackers we sign are absolute pony we'll stay up (sadly)

I've honestly gotta ask, if Bruce doesn't want him and Rafa didn't want him, who the fuck DOES want him so badly? Do we even have scouts? Is this thumbhead loading up FM and genie scout and picking out someone with a lot of potential?

I mean if we've spunked £40m on a player you have to assume somebody, somewhere within the dark halls of this "club" really liked him....right?  :lol:

I'm genuinely curious. Is it that that ol' boy with grey hair, the guy in that picture that always got posted on here a while ago? Stevie Nicks or something. Well no, that's the Fleetwood Mac singer but it was something like that.

So many questions  :frantic:

Why wouldn't Bruce want him? What sort of players was he working with at Wednesday?

He's here because he wasn't likely to get a chance to manage at this level again in a hurry, so he'll happily take any signing he's given, especially of the £40m variety.

Adjusting for inflation, but not the effect of Sky TV money, Alan Shearer would cost around £24m in today's money.

That means Joe Linton is worth one and two thirds Alan Shearers, or in proper Keegan Era Units, A Shearer and a Ferdinand.

In the 96/97 season, Shearer scored 28 goals in all appearances and Ferdy 21.

Therefore, Joe Linton is going to score 49 goals this season.  :frantic:

Adjusting for inflation, but not the effect of Sky TV money, Alan Shearer would cost around £24m in today's money.

That means Joe Linton is worth one and two thirds Alan Shearers, or in proper Keegan Era Units, A Shearer and a Ferdinand.

In the 96/97 season, Shearer scored 28 goals in all appearances and Ferdy 21.

Therefore, Joe Linton is going to score 49 goals this season.  :frantic:

% of annual revenue is the best way to go IMO. Might be harder going back that far though.

Can vaguely remember last season when Man Utd were being linked with signing dafties for £80m is roughly equated to what Rio Ferdinand cost in the same situation.

just simply using inflation literally makes no sense because Joelinton was bought with the TV money inflation. how is that an apples to apples comparison? what am I missing?