Joelinton

Stifler

Guest Howaythetoon

But isn´t it sick that Ashley pays a record sum of 40 mil for someone thats almost an unknown? Could it be a takeover thing?

He’s effectively a Joselu expenditure after the money recouped by Perez and, erm, Joselu. Wouldn’t read nowt into it other than Ashley signs a reported 40m player for Bruce, but Rafa had to make do with a last minute Rondon loan only deal :lol:

Hope the lad flops big style and ends up being sent on loan to Hull or something and doesn’t even get a game for them in the end because the manager is more of a flop.

Trying to understand or second guess what Mike Ashley/Mike Ashley FC is doing or going to do has to be one of the least rewarding activities in the world. Probably only beaten by the act of watching a Steve Bruce-managed football team.

Christ fucking knows what this transfer is all about but I don't believe in it. The right thing to do would have been to give Rafa what he wanted. Nothing else matters. Can't be fucked frying my head over it.

We were at least 4 first team players short last season to make a decent squad.  We have lost 4 first team players already.  These are Rondon, Perez, Mo Diame and Joselu (I know but bear with me).  Ignore the money paid and we have signed ONE player who I think replaces Rondon.

We are still SEVEN players short in the first team squad in my opinion.

Do NOT be fooled by this absolute idiot of an owner.  He is "playing" you all.  I should know, I was one of them for 12 years.  We need to get rid of this parasite!

Fuckit I’m in now.

Just ordered me new new top, signed up for the season ticket and I’m going to masturbate over a pair of 46” lee coopers towards the directors box just as the lads come out for their season opening bumming against Arsenal.

You guys need to see th light man

Guest chopey

Can't wait for Bruce to say he's had his eye on this lad for a while and he had the final say to bring him in

I don't mind tbh. If he's getting decent players he has zero excuses if he can't get results.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No it&#39;s predominantly down to the scouts at Newcastle, Bruce just sanctioned the signing because he agreed he&#39;s an exciting prospect. He hadn&#39;t really been looking at strikers of that calibre at Wednesday but knew about him</p>— Luke Edwards (@LukeEdwardsTele) <a href="

23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And there it is

He's going to have to become one of the best in the Premier League over the next 2 years to turn a profit.

Ashley has gone the Everton route here, looking at Lukaku in particular, spend £30-£40m and double it. Easier than turning £15m profit 3 times isn't it?

The problem may be however if this summer becomes a watershed - Mcguire, Zaha, Longstaff to name 3 all being priced out of moves with stupid valuations as clubs don't need the cash due to TV deals.

Solution? Players start signing 2 year deals max and look to make their millions on 3-4 signing on fees, why should the clubs get this lovely transfer cash and tie the players into 4 year deals.

Bye bye to the buy to sell at a profit model

Hopefully it will turn out to be one hell of a bad investment.

I mean I’m all for boycotting and forcing Ashley out via protest.

But i’ll never ever ever understand this mindset. The “wanting us to fail” mindset. It’s tiresome as fuck.

But i’ll never ever ever understand this mindset. The “wanting us to fail” mindset. It’s tiresome as fuck.

UnkemptDigitalBluetickcoonhound-small.gif

But i’ll never ever ever understand this mindset. The “wanting us to fail” mindset. It’s tiresome as f***.

It isn't "us" anymore man.

It feels like i'm just watching any other club signing a player, it isn't my club anymore.

This is a good way to put it.

Even under Ashley's reign, there are many times I would've been excited by this signing...but this just feels like nothing.

It feels like i'm just watching any other club signing a player, it isn't my club anymore.

This is a good way to put it.

Even under Ashley's reign, there are many times I would've been excited by this signing...but this just feels like nothing.

:sadnod: