Joelinton

Stifler

11 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

78% pass accuracy is actually pretty rubbish for a midfielder playing it relatively simple. Don't lead with that stats guy!

To be fair, he wasn't always playing it simple and it wasn't a simple game... Would be interested to see the other players' stats for comparison.

50 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

You can have all the stats you want Joelinton was absolutely class in that game last night . 

Yeah it's not worth dwelling on too much as there's a lot of context to go into it e.g. the graph above seems to suggest his longer range passes were much more successful than Longstaff's. It's interesting, but by my eye I know it's partly because he was battling for possession, often single handedly, against two or three Arsenal players. Mistakes are part of the price of shouldering the responsibility to fight in those situations.

Think we got a glimpse of “training Joelinton” here like, just refused to leave with anything less than a win and made certain of it.

It’s one thing doing it against his mates behind closed doors, but in a game of that magnitude? Dear me.

Think he’s still got even more to come, too, and we’ll hopefully get a glimpse of that if he has to play DM again at Bournemouth.

One thing noticeable 2nd half. Is now Willock is back, Howe tends to prefer to put him Left side centre midfield and then he put Big Joe back out wide.

When he did that we got a glimpse of 2 things that we saw alot last season: 

1) that run over the top and ball from Schar can be so dangerous. 

2) He shuts down defensively anything on his side with his support for the full backs. Nothing came down their right, and then when Ritchie came on and they started getting 2 runners on Tino (because they couldn't beat him 1v1) Howe switched Joe over to the right and helped shut that down aswell :).

If I was Howe, I'd be very tempted for this tough away game to Dortmund to, if Willock is fit to start, get the big joe/little joe left side back together and play Gordon through the middle or from the right and rotate him, Miggy or Wilson so that one of them is fresh to come on after an hour or so. 

Said it in the match thread, and it's a bit of a cliche, but you just can't miss chances like that at this level, away from home especially. Really poor header. 

Love Joe but he needs to add goals to his game.