Joelinton

Stifler

Regarding Bruno's new contract, says the release clause is in excess of £100 million, think they will likely have used the Caicedo record deal as a bench mark, and so will probably be just above that.

Think it's fair enough I guess. If we continue on the trajectory don't think he pushes to move. And if he ultimately does it's a big fee that will be put back into strengthening the team.

Edited by KaKa

Getting this dude a new contract is a no brainer. He's an international player now, as well as continuing to be one of the most important players in the squad and alot would say first/second name on the team sheet every week.

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

EH says he’s close for PSG so almost certainly not a bad hamstring injury. Was fearing it would be weeks. Would just stick him on bench to put the fear into them. 

Thats fantastic news. Even if he’s fit for West Ham then a rest. We need that big monstrous marauding bastard! 

IMG_2739.png.355b61b20537380dc04245a96f690d18.png

On 28/09/2023 at 15:45, KaKa said:

Regarding Bruno's new contract, says the release clause is in excess of £100 million, think they will likely have used the Caicedo record deal as a bench mark, and so will probably be just above that.

Think it's fair enough I guess. If we continue on the trajectory don't think he pushes to move. And if he ultimately does it's a big fee that will be put back into strengthening the team.

It's a bit confusing because some say around £100m, while others say "in excess of". If it would be £100m blank, then I would be a little bit disappointed. If it's £115-120m then I wouldn't mind. Depends whether there's more conditions for it to trigger aswell ofcourse.

Edited by Erikse

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little interview here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/20/joelinton-newcastle-is-made-up-of-hard-working-people-i-identify-with-them?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“The city of Newcastle is made up of hard-working people from the north of England, as are Recife and Aliança,” he says. “I identify with them. I have a dream of winning something for Newcastle. The club hasn’t won anything for a long time. The supporters love this club very much and I’d like to be in the history as a winner here. It’s a passionate people and they supported me in my times of difficulty. That means a lot.”